[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 4:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4287 posts
203 upvotes
I am buying the quieter board. Hope I can install it!
Nov 23, 2004
551 posts
846 upvotes
Ontario
Xephy wrote: The stock screen is starting to get annoying. The dial sometimes jumps when I'm pressing down to choose a print. Twice today it jumped to the file below the one I wanted. Can't wait to get the SKR board and screen swapped in. I'm getting really tired of the stepper whirring sounds and phantom presses.
The responsiveness of the stock screen was the first thing I noticed when I put the SKR in mine! Buttery smooth and no more of that jump and lag stuff that the stock board always does. You'll like the SKR - best investment I've made for mine.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2138 posts
641 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ChicoQuente wrote: If I buy this to swap in to my Ender 3 Pro to get my system quieter do I need anything else or can I just grab this? Do I need stepper drivers as well or are they included?

If I wanted to get a BLTouch as well do I just go with the Bigtreetech or should I get Creality?
lindmar wrote: I am buying the quieter board. Hope I can install it!
Nothing to it. Just take a picture of the wiring on the old board and swap to the new one. Comes with firmware, basically plug and play. I took two screen shots of the diagrams on the following video at around 4:20 mark, that shows you where to plug in what.
Oct 16, 2019
99 posts
76 upvotes
lindmar wrote: I have become such a 3d printing geek. Kids love it. One of the best purchases we've made. I'm still terrified to leave it running when I'm not around or at night.

I have NO idea what board of have. Levelling can be a pain but it gets done. When it works, It works great.

I don't know if its loud or silent. No frame of reference.

Any specifics on

1) How to see which board you have

2) Should you replace/upgrade?

Would this be the loud board or more silent? Fans going pretty good. Making two glow in the dark dogs for the kids..

Video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi5fvvvsbxi0f ... 5.MOV?dl=0
That's the stock 'loud' board, the Bigtreetech board removes that 'whine' noise and all that is left on mine is fan noise now.
Dec 12, 2006
54 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
LegoCrimson wrote: For anyone interested, it looks like they have restocked the Ender 3 V2 for Canada from the official Creality store. If you choose Canada it no longer shows as Sold Out.
Thank you! Ordered!

And now to figure out what else I should be ordering and what items I should upgrade... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
K3lvin wrote: Thank you! Ordered!

And now to figure out what else I should be ordering and what items I should upgrade... Disappointed But Relieved Face
I'm one of the folks who's been commenting in the Ender 3 threads on what the best upgrades are, but folks are getting the wrong message from those suggestions. None of the upgrades are an absolute requirement for using the 3D printer, if anything, folks should spend some time using them in their stock configuration so that they've got a better idea on the how/why aspect of suggested upgrades.

The printer should work well out of the box, upgrades are more about convenience (BLTouch / ABL) or noise levels (mainboard with silent stepper drivers).

Necessary purchases for use are as follows....

Digital calipers (calibration), side cutters & a spatula / painter's tool (if they're not already included with the kit you're ordering), 99% alcohol for cleaning your print surface (Ammonia based windex for glass surfaces), a couple of rolls worth of PLA, and a single roll of PETG (required for some printed upgrades, and parts that will be exposed to the elements). I'd also recommend one of those small 6" mechanics rulers for measuring off the 120mm during extruder calibration.

For actual mechanical parts the only ones that were pretty much a "replace immediately if possible" recommendation would the bed levelling springs, and I'm not sure if that applies to the V2 hardware or not.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2138 posts
641 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sswilson wrote: I'm one of the folks who's been commenting in the Ender 3 threads on what the best upgrades are, but folks are getting the wrong message from those suggestions. None of the upgrades are an absolute requirement for using the 3D printer, if anything, folks should spend some time using them in their stock configuration so that they've got a better idea on the how/why aspect of suggested upgrades.

The printer should work well out of the box, upgrades are more about convenience (BLTouch / ABL) or noise levels (mainboard with silent stepper drivers).

Necessary purchases for use are as follows....

Digital calipers (calibration), side cutters & a spatula / painter's tool (if they're not already included with the kit you're ordering), 99% alcohol for cleaning your print surface (Ammonia based windex for glass surfaces), a couple of rolls worth of PLA, and a single roll of PETG (required for some printed upgrades, and parts that will be exposed to the elements). I'd also recommend one of those small 6" mechanics rulers for measuring off the 120mm during extruder calibration.

For actual mechanical parts the only ones that were pretty much a "replace immediately if possible" recommendation would the bed levelling springs, and I'm not sure if that applies to the V2 hardware or not.
I'm with this guy. If you want to "upgrade" just print cosmetic things like cable chains, covers, little storage trays etc to get to learn the printer. Start upgrading actual parts once you know your machine well and understand what your'e changing and if it's even necessary for your needs.

Get a silent board if the noise bothers you, it drove me up the wall after a week or so I changed it out.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3687 posts
1224 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
censored wrote: That board will make the stepper motors completely silent. You will still hear the fans, but it'll be way less noise overall. And you do not need stepper drivers because as that description says TMC2209 are integrated into the board.

Are you asking which silent board to get with a BLTouch? If so, it doesn't really matter. But I do prefer SKR. Seems to be way more tutorials and guides out there, especially if you want to build Marlin yourself.
Sorry I should have been more clear. I am getting the SKR for sure for the board. As for the BLTouch should I be getting the Bigtreetech or Creality one? Does it matter?
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
ChicoQuente wrote: Sorry I should have been more clear. I am getting the SKR for sure for the board. As for the BLTouch should I be getting the Bigtreetech or Creality one? Does it matter?
The nice thing about the creality kit is that it comes with the appropriate length cable as well as a metal mount. You can order those things separately (or print off a mount yourself) but I found the price of the creality kit was awfully close to what I'd have to pay for the parts individually, and it had the benefit of a USB ISP device for loading firmware onto 8 bit boards without needing a bootloader.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7643 posts
1711 upvotes
Mont-Royal
back in stock
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5767 posts
1285 upvotes
LegoCrimson wrote: For anyone interested, it looks like they have restocked the Ender 3 V2 for Canada from the official Creality store. If you choose Canada it no longer shows as Sold Out.
Thanks, picked one up. They charged US$264, which is $348.48 on my Stack MC. That works out to a $48 discount from Amazon or 2 rolls of filament.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3687 posts
1224 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
sswilson wrote: The nice thing about the creality kit is that it comes with the appropriate length cable as well as a metal mount. You can order those things separately (or print off a mount yourself) but I found the price of the creality kit was awfully close to what I'd have to pay for the parts individually, and it had the benefit of a USB ISP device for loading firmware onto 8 bit boards without needing a bootloader.
And just to confirm the Creality Bltouch will work with the SKR board with out issue?
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
ChicoQuente wrote: And just to confirm the Creality Bltouch will work with the SKR board with out issue?
You'll need to swap a couple of the cable's pins around, but when the time comes it's a relatively easy thing to find through google. I moved my creality kit bltouch from a stock motherboard to an SKR without issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)