[Amazon.ca] Official Creality 3D Ender 3 Pro Upgraded 3D Printer $319

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 4:18 pm
Tags:
Mar 4, 2006
402 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
sswilson wrote: I'm one of the folks who's been commenting in the Ender 3 threads on what the best upgrades are, but folks are getting the wrong message from those suggestions. None of the upgrades are an absolute requirement for using the 3D printer, if anything, folks should spend some time using them in their stock configuration so that they've got a better idea on the how/why aspect of suggested upgrades.
This!

I would suggest printing a filament guide or side bracket for the filament spool because one of the first things I noticed is the placement of the spool on top makes the angle very sharp when entering into the extruder. This results in the filament scraping against the extruder arm and leaves a mess of filament shavings around the extruder. This becomes worse with the plastic extruder as it wears it away pretty quickly.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2004 posts
687 upvotes
Edmonton
azn0Richard0 wrote: On lightning deals Flashforge 1kg (Grey/Whte/Red) filament is on sale for 20.49 with 5$ coupon.
https://www.amazon.ca/FLASHFORGE-Printi ... 0833FH3V5/
Is it any good? I've heard mixed things about it - then again, all filament seems to be widely variable.

Most consistent filament I've purchased has been Spool3D's in Calgary, but it's $30 a roll (worth it though). Overture is okay too but no cheaper.

For $20 I'd try some grey.
Jan 31, 2018
664 posts
1131 upvotes
Winnipeg
Skadefryd wrote: Most consistent filament I've purchased has been Spool3D's in Calgary, but it's $30 a roll (worth it though). Overture is okay too but no cheaper.
$30 is expensive? Wow. I've been paying more than $50 a spool for Prusament recently. Even that feels cheap to produce a 'thing'.

Mind you, I'd probably feel different if I was printing for profit.....!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3687 posts
1224 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
sswilson wrote: You'll need to swap a couple of the cable's pins around, but when the time comes it's a relatively easy thing to find through google. I moved my creality kit bltouch from a stock motherboard to an SKR without issue.
Thanks. I'll definitely go with that then. I'm pretty comfortable with it.

I have one odd thing that just happened and curious if anyone would know why. I had a print running and it was at 14%. I walked by a few minutes later and it had stopped and was just sitting normal as though it had finished the job. Screen showed no error or "finished" message. I was away from it for maybe 5 minutes between seeing it so I don't know what occurred in between. It's never happened before so I'm confused. Also the same file had been printed earlier with no issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2004 posts
687 upvotes
Edmonton
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: $30 is expensive? Wow. I've been paying more than $50 a spool for Prusament recently. Even that feels cheap to produce a 'thing'.

Mind you, I'd probably feel different if I was printing for profit.....!
Just for mucking around, I guess, and based on previous posts here regarding filament. I don't mind paying $30 or more for good filament, and you avoid the headache of trying to find a reputable cheap brand, especially with so many fake reviews on Amazon.

Prusament is great, though. My cousin uses that and I'd probably nab some if I had a specific job that would benefit from really nice filament.
Dec 1, 2008
130 posts
145 upvotes
Calgary
For anyone who bought one of these and is looking for filament, Amazon currently has a lightning deal where they have filament on sale but with an additional $5 coupon for various colours - Was able to get a few colours for around $22/ spool :)
Sep 30, 2003
349 posts
104 upvotes
Does anyone know how to get or what the 10% off code is for 3dprintingcanada? I want to order the SKR and BL Touch, I left it in my cart and was given a $5 off coupon for shipping.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4287 posts
204 upvotes
For you experienced, smart Ender peeps...

What is the fastest you can safely push the Ender 3 in terms of speed and still get a decent quality print?

How long have you safely done prints? Do you guys print when not home or overnight?

Besides the improved board, what are you suggested must have upgrades/additions?
Jan 31, 2018
664 posts
1131 upvotes
Winnipeg
lindmar wrote: What is the fastest you can safely push the Ender 3 in terms of speed and still get a decent quality print?
Depends what I'm printing. For high quality and 0.12 mm layers I stick to 60 mm/s in Cura (60 infill 30 walls) and push acceleration to 600 mm/s/s. Any faster, and ringing and corners suffer. For 0.2 mm layers, I push inner walls to 45 mm/s. For rough parts I use 0.28 mm layers, 80-100 mm/s and 1000 mm/s/s.
How long have you safely done prints? Do you guys print when not home or overnight?
80 hours is my longest. Almost half a roll of filament at pretty high detail. And I print overnight and while I am at work very frequently.
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
IndoShindo wrote: Does anyone know how to get or what the 10% off code is for 3dprintingcanada? I want to order the SKR and BL Touch, I left it in my cart and was given a $5 off coupon for shipping.
There was an email last Friday that had "PARTS" as a code, but I've no idea if it's still active.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Sep 19, 2017
861 posts
680 upvotes
Moncton
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Depends what I'm printing. For high quality and 0.12 mm layers I stick to 60 mm/s in Cura (60 infill 30 walls) and push acceleration to 600 mm/s/s. Any faster, and ringing and corners suffer. For 0.2 mm layers, I push inner walls to 45 mm/s. For rough parts I use 0.28 mm layers, 80-100 mm/s and 1000 mm/s/s.

80 hours is my longest. Almost half a roll of filament at pretty high detail. And I print overnight and while I am at work very frequently.
80 hours on one part? Heh... my longest so far was somewhere just south of 40 and that was a nail biter... :)
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4287 posts
204 upvotes
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: Depends what I'm printing. For high quality and 0.12 mm layers I stick to 60 mm/s in Cura (60 infill 30 walls) and push acceleration to 600 mm/s/s. Any faster, and ringing and corners suffer. For 0.2 mm layers, I push inner walls to 45 mm/s. For rough parts I use 0.28 mm layers, 80-100 mm/s and 1000 mm/s/s.

Thank you! 600 mm/s/s under what section? Speed acceleration?
Jan 31, 2018
664 posts
1131 upvotes
Winnipeg
lindmar wrote: Thank you! 600 mm/s/s under what section? Speed acceleration?
Enable acceleration control, default will be 500, setting to 600 on my printer marginally improves corner sharpness without increasing ringing.

You will probably also need to ensure that you have startup gcode that allows higher maximum acceleration, I can't remember if cura includes that by default....?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3687 posts
1224 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
sswilson wrote: There was an email last Friday that had "PARTS" as a code, but I've no idea if it's still active.
I tried it this morning to no avail.

They are also quite aggressive with trying to get the sale. I added the SKR to my cart yesterday with the intent of waiting until there is another 10% off sale. It's been just over 24 hours now and I've received 3 emails from them encouraging me to complete the purchase. They've sent a $5 off coupon first, followed by a 5% off and then a reminder about the 5% off coupon.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)