Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Olight H05S 200 Lumens CREE XM-L2 LED Headlamp - $16.76

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2017 6:31 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2016
260 posts
471 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Olight H05S 200 Lumens CREE XM-L2 LED Headlamp - $16.76

Olight ® H05S ACTVIE 200 Lumens CREE XM-L2 LED Headlamp w/ Red Light ( Motion Control version)

Runs on 2xAAA

https://www.amazon.ca/Olight-Headlamp-C ... b7f432468e

You can save yourself $2.76 if you don't mind purple:
https://www.amazon.ca/Olight-Headlamp-C ... 2c82aa469e
13 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28658 posts
1314 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
200 lumens enough for ya?

I'd love a nice 3-500 one.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2016
260 posts
471 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote: 200 lumens enough for ya?

I'd love a nice 3-500 one.
for most cases like work around the house and in emergencies, it's more than enough IMO, especially for the price.

for higher lumen headlamps, you also have to consider you're strapping a high voltage battery to your head that can potentially explode; especially the cheaper ones. this one only runs on 2xaaa's which also keeps the weight down.

here's a couple higher output ones but not on sale ( i tried avoiding posting any cheap third party ones, not worth the risk imo):

Coast HL7 Focusing 285 Lumen LED Headlamp - $ 49.52
https://www.amazon.ca/HL7-Focusing-285- ... b1ad95f55f

ThruNite TH20 Neutral White 520 Lumen - $38.95
https://www.amazon.ca/ThruNite-Neutral- ... ff84cb68b2


so many garbage ones claiming 5000 lumens etc. even if that were possible, would not want that battery pack strapped to the back of my head.
Sr. Member
May 28, 2006
799 posts
509 upvotes
prodrevio wrote: Olight ® H05S ACTVIE 200 Lumens CREE XM-L2 LED Headlamp w/ Red Light ( Motion Control version)

Runs on 2xAAA

https://www.amazon.ca/Olight-Headlamp-C ... b7f432468e

You can save yourself $2.76 if you don't mind purple:
https://www.amazon.ca/Olight-Headlamp-C ... 2c82aa469e
Black one is H05S, the coloured ones are H05

You might lose lumens (reviews say they are pretty close, and should be unable to tell when it's on your head), and you lose the wave functionality (wave in front of a sensor to turn the light on/off), also maybe some battery voltage indicators.

Also there are runtime differences
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20045 posts
13289 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Only purple on sale now. Everything else is dead.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23112 posts
4755 upvotes
Toronto
craftsman wrote: Only purple on sale now. Everything else is dead.
lol - why did they show a woman with the purple headlamp? Are guys not allowed to buy and wear?

I actually like the colour purple - though this one is a little too bright for my tastes....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28658 posts
1314 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
prodrevio wrote: ...for higher lumen headlamps, you also have to consider you're strapping a high voltage battery to your head that can potentially explode;...

so many garbage ones claiming 5000 lumens etc. even if that were possible, would not want that battery pack strapped to the back of my head.
Good point. I've always wondered about these xtreme lumen claims. So what's the legit max nowadays of lumen strength?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Sr. Member
Apr 9, 2008
544 posts
240 upvotes
Bby
ji2o0k wrote: lol - why did they show a woman with the purple headlamp? Are guys not allowed to buy and wear?

I actually like the colour purple - though this one is a little too bright for my tastes....
No one can see it in the dark anyways, whether it's on or off.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
28658 posts
1314 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
liquidnails wrote: No one can see it in the dark anyways, whether it's on or off.
not true. Anyone can see a flame-ASS colour a mile away....especially if it's on MY head hehe.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
1846 posts
1396 upvotes
Vancouver
Dead? Up to $25 now. Great brand and I missed out, but I guess I don't really need another headlight
anyways :D
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2004
1149 posts
403 upvotes
Victoria
Bought the purple one yesterday from Amazon.ca for $14.44 plus 72 cents tax
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1809 posts
1168 upvotes
SW Ontario
bubble.tea wrote: Good point. I've always wondered about these xtreme lumen claims. So what's the legit max nowadays of lumen strength?
I think with single die emitters about 1500 lumen if you can push the current and draw away the heat. there's no limit to how many you can connect in parallel though.

Top