Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV Black Camera Body Preorder $660.93

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 5:55 pm
Sep 8, 2007
410 posts
185 upvotes
TCB069 wrote: I probably should have tried again but was so annoyed I cancelled my silver order. It's being sent back.
Final conclusion to my saga. After I had cancelled the silver order I had placed another for the black with kit lens at $853. After it shipped I contacted them and shared the transcript.

They said they were only allowed to refund half of the price difference. I was like wtf and said no I'm just going to return it. They said wait and marketing will contact you in a day.

Never got contacted, finally got the camera today. Contacted them one last time, they still say they couldn't find the transcript on their system but did get the email forward of the transcript. Finally they agreed to refund the $193 price difference. But not the tax because the transcript didn't mention refunding the tax.

I didn't care at this point, had spent too many hours dealing with them and just accepted that refund. In the end I paid a bit more than the $660 but ended up with the kit lens too.

Let's just see if the refund gets posted first lol
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4349 posts
5831 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
TCB069 wrote: Final conclusion to my saga. After I had cancelled the silver order I had placed another for the black with kit lens at $853. After it shipped I contacted them and shared the transcript.

They said they were only allowed to refund half of the price difference. I was like wtf and said no I'm just going to return it. They said wait and marketing will contact you in a day.

Never got contacted, finally got the camera today. Contacted them one last time, they still say they couldn't find the transcript on their system but did get the email forward of the transcript. Finally they agreed to refund the $193 price difference. But not the tax because the transcript didn't mention refunding the tax.

I didn't care at this point, had spent too many hours dealing with them and just accepted that refund. In the end I paid a bit more than the $660 but ended up with the kit lens too.

Nice. Congrats! Very well done
Sep 8, 2007
410 posts
185 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Nice. Congrats! Very well done
Thanks, got the email confirmation from amazon of the refund. Now I need to get rid of my old omd em5 mark 1.
Nov 10, 2003
132 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
TCB069 wrote: Final conclusion to my saga. After I had cancelled the silver order I had placed another for the black with kit lens at $853. After it shipped I contacted them and shared the transcript.

I had a somewhat similar experience and ended up with the black kit for the ~$650 cancelled price for the body alone. Yeah, no credit for for the extra taxes paid, but I figure selling the kit lens will get me that back plus more so I ended up ahead except my time spend dealing with customer support.

In my case customer support wasn't that difficult, I think because I also had a black body on order again (it show as available for order for a short time again) for $999 as well as the kit at ~$850, so they were "saving" money by letting me have the kit instead of having to refund the difference on the body.
Sep 8, 2007
410 posts
185 upvotes
DVS wrote: I had a somewhat similar experience and ended up with the black kit for the ~$650 cancelled price for the body alone. Yeah, no credit for for the extra taxes paid, but I figure selling the kit lens will get me that back plus more so I ended up ahead except my time spend dealing with customer support.

In my case customer support wasn't that difficult, I think because I also had a black body on order again (it show as available for order for a short time again) for $999 as well as the kit at ~$850, so they were "saving" money by letting me have the kit instead of having to refund the difference on the body.
even though on the phone they said no taxes, when the refund was processed they did credit me back the taxes on my credit card.