• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
Sep 3, 2019
996 posts
679 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] OMORC Stainless Steel Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Water Bottles

【Vacuum Insulated】Featured dual walls, premium coated copper on the exterior of the inner wall. High performance temperature retention, keep liquid hot up to 24 hrs and cold up to 48 hrs, NOTE:Please choose the stainless steel cap to get a better experience .stay your drinks ice cold for a long time and keeps hot drinks super hot.
【316 Stainless Medical Grade Steel】Which greatly outperforms 18/8 food grade stainless steel in anti-oxidation and corrosion resistance, it will never leave a metal taste or rust. Avoid the taste of the liquids to change (like tea, coffee and juice).
【User-friendly Design】Anti-slip, coated with high-quality powder outside protection for scratches and dings, and also prevents to sweat on the outside wall. A soft cup holder with adjustable strap. You can get small flow of water with extra straw lid and straw.
【100% Leak Proof & Easy to Clean】The BPA-free silicone rubber on each lid ensures no leak, no plastic smell. A cup brush and a straw brush for easy washing. Perfectly suitable for daily use, running, hiking, camping, etc.
【What You Get & 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed】34oz Water Bottle, Hoop Lid, Straw Lid, 2 x Straw, Cup Holder, Cup Brush, Straw Brush. Notes: For any reason, OMORC product enjoys 45 days money-back and 12-month worry-free warranty, Satisfaction guarantee!

600ml:
https://www.amazon.ca/OMORC-Stainless-S ... th=1&psc=1

$25.99
Save 25% ($6.45)
= $19.54

1000ml:
https://www.amazon.ca/OMORC-Stainless-S ... X6Y90RWTVG

$28.76
$12 coupon at checkout
= $16.76

My own experience: Have had this for 11 months. I only use this for drinkable hot water. In my own tests, I poured boiling water into 600ml and 1000ml and checked it periodically. Both sizes are still steaming hot after 24 hours. 600ml will become somewhat drinkable out of the bottle at about 30-36 hours. 1000ml will become drinkable sometime after 36-40 hour mark.

No experience with coffee or cold/iced drinks.

1000ml can be kind of heavy when full and it is quite wide.

If you want to use this with hot drinks, use the stainless steel cap, not the plastic cap. It can scratch easily as it's only black paint. The stitching of the bottle holder is not great, but the bottle itself and other accessories make up for it as this price. Only real issue with this is the silicon used as a seal in the stainless steel cap can become suctioned when sealed tight, requiring more force to twist cap off, but it's pure stainless steel so no worries there.
20 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13536 posts
2721 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
https://omorc.com/
Try clicking on any of the links at the bottom of the page. Doesn't make me confident about the product.

"Exquisite craft" in one of the Amazon images make me think that this is a China special.
Mar 8, 2009
199 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote: https://omorc.com/
Try clicking on any of the links at the bottom of the page. Doesn't make me confident about the product.

"Exquisite craft" in one of the Amazon images make me think that this is a China special.
I've had a "china special" vacuum insulated bottle for 3 years now. $15.99 and I can't believe how well it works. It makes me laugh that people pay $50-$60 for the same thing from hydroflask or yeti.

you think your $60 flask is hand forged by some bearded hipster in Oregon or something? It comes out of the same factory in china off the same assembly line and gets painted with a different logo
Nov 15, 2019
175 posts
169 upvotes
Seems like a good deal. I bought a 40oz insulated bottle on prime day for $27.
[OP]
Sep 3, 2019
996 posts
679 upvotes
GTA
rabbit wrote: https://omorc.com/

Only consideration for me was a high quality product that can fully satisfy my need. Wherever it's made, it's superior than the options at Costco or any B&M store.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1604 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
Is it free shipping?
[OP]
Sep 3, 2019
996 posts
679 upvotes
GTA
JaiKor wrote: Is it free shipping?
There are no shipping costs listed on the site, but you should double check if you're not a Prime member. I don't have a non-Prime member account
Feb 5, 2013
302 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Sticking with my zojirushi if it’s this price.
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3560 posts
2333 upvotes
Montreal
1 liter bottle says fulfill from outside Canada, $7 shipping plus import deposit.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1454 posts
745 upvotes
SW Ontario
awesomep0ssum wrote: Sticking with my zojirushi if it’s this price.

Are they as good? The zojirosuhi are awesome, well made and the paint is FAF. I wish I had a the 35oz. hot/cold, the 28oz. is just a tad small.
[OP]
Sep 3, 2019
996 posts
679 upvotes
GTA
alpha2omega wrote: Are they as good? The zojirosuhi are awesome, well made and the paint is FAF. I wish I had a the 35oz. hot/cold, the 28oz. is just a tad small.
Got a couple Zoji's, myself. The Zoji's have a lot going on in their lids so I just hate the cleaning process b/c coffee/cream knows how to get into all the hard to reach places that only a toothpick can reach. My 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1454 posts
745 upvotes
SW Ontario
QuicKi7 wrote: Got a couple Zoji's, myself. The Zoji's have a lot going on in their lids so I just hate the cleaning process b/c coffee/cream knows how to get into all the hard to reach places that only a toothpick can reach. My 2 cents.
I find it's only in the upper part of the spout that gets stained or dirty. I actually find them easy to clean, my biggest gripe is that silicone absorbs scent like a sponge.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13536 posts
2721 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Mikus007 wrote: you think your $60 flask is hand forged by some bearded hipster in Oregon or something? It comes out of the same factory in china off the same assembly line and gets painted with a different logo
I think all the ones I have, I bought for $10/each, actually.

And I prefer Thermos, with the cup lid, since it acts as a secondary insulator.

QuicKi7 wrote: Only consideration for me was a high quality product that can fully satisfy my need. Wherever it's made, it's superior than the options at Costco or any B&M store.
I prefer to buy from places that aren't trying to dupe people because if they try to fool you here, they may try to fool you there, as well. Of course, people are free to buy from wherever they want, but there's no harm in letting people know facts/observations.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4260 posts
4448 upvotes
awesomep0ssum wrote: Sticking with my zojirushi if it’s this price.
Which one? I've been looking for a BPA free 'safe' waterbottle for a while and am wary of the Chinese made ones too.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Sep 27, 2019
125 posts
204 upvotes
Mikus007 wrote: I've had a "china special" vacuum insulated bottle for 3 years now. $15.99 and I can't believe how well it works. It makes me laugh that people pay $50-$60 for the same thing from hydroflask or yeti.

you think your $60 flask is hand forged by some bearded hipster in Oregon or something? It comes out of the same factory in china off the same assembly line and gets painted with a different logo
Mikus007, You know what's up.

"you think your $60 flask is hand forged by some bearded hipster in Oregon or something? "

Too funny. Made my morning. Thanks.
Feb 5, 2013
302 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: Which one? I've been looking for a BPA free 'safe' waterbottle for a while and am wary of the Chinese made ones too.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00CHOUI86
The one I have (16oz) is above but when i purchased this in 2013, it definitely wasn't $43 Astonished Face My brother uses my hand-me-down and he's burnt his tongue a few times taking coffee to work.

For regular day to day water consumption, I use my S'well bottle (standard 500mL) but the insulated bottles from Costco work just as well. I would also suggest a Camelbak as those are BPA free and sturdy (avoid the straw variety as they're hard to clean)
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4260 posts
4448 upvotes
awesomep0ssum wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00CHOUI86
The one I have (16oz) is above but when i purchased this in 2013, it definitely wasn't $43 Astonished Face My brother uses my hand-me-down and he's burnt his tongue a few times taking coffee to work.

For regular day to day water consumption, I use my S'well bottle (standard 500mL) but the insulated bottles from Costco work just as well. I would also suggest a Camelbak as those are BPA free and sturdy (avoid the straw variety as they're hard to clean)
Thank you. I was *very* interested in this product after your referral but saw this, any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... hisHelpful

TIA
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2453 posts
1138 upvotes
Toronto
Mikus007 wrote: I've had a "china special" vacuum insulated bottle for 3 years now. $15.99 and I can't believe how well it works. It makes me laugh that people pay $50-$60 for the same thing from hydroflask or yeti.

If you go on any site that does comparisons, in all of them, yeti does keep the temperature significantly longer than anything else to the extent where it's ridiculous and no longer practical.
Even ATK tested portable coolers and yeti came out on top.
While the chinese one you have is good enough, there is no comparison
Mar 8, 2009
199 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
dealo'day wrote: If you go on any site that does comparisons, in all of them, yeti does keep the temperature significantly longer than anything else to the extent where it's ridiculous and no longer practical.
Even ATK tested portable coolers and yeti came out on top.
While the chinese one you have is good enough, there is no comparison
A cooler isn't a vacuum insulated mug but if you need to rationalize paying quadruple, go off sis
Mar 8, 2009
199 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: Thank you. I was *very* interested in this product after your referral but saw this, any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/customer-revie ... hisHelpful

TIA
California passed a law that anything that is "known to the state of california to cause cancer" had to be labelled with this warning, so any product that wants to be sold in california (which is a huge market) has to have this label by law.

Unfortunately the labels became so ubiquitous that they're totally meaningless. For a while, all coffee sold in california was required to have this label because it contains a compound known to cause cancer (an exception for coffee was later added). Here's an example of the label on a shrub being sold at a garden center lol https://www.acsh.org/sites/default/file ... cancer.jpg

Here are some more fun examples:

Tiffany lamps
In order to abide by Prop 65's rule on lead in furniture, Tiffany-style lamps have to have a warning label. The ornate lampshades have lead in them, and since lead is carcinogenic (weakly, but still!), they have to get a label. We do worry about lead paint in houses, because the flakes can get onto the floor and babies love putting stuff on the floor into their mouths, but lead in a lamp is usually encased or otherwise pretty solid. All the same, don't let your kid (or your spouse) lick a lampshade or an electrical wire.

Amusement parks
The metal dust and diesel fumes given off by your favorite amusement park rides could give you cancer, and the state of California needs you to know. Also, the food you eat there might be fried, which could give you more cancer, and you might drink a beer there which also could give you cancer. The whole park is basically a death trap. Spending a day in Disneyland isn’t likely to expose you to enough of any of the worrisome chemicals to cause harm, but the warning does make one wonder why, if amusement parks are so hazardous, Californians aren’t jumping to protect the people who work there every day.

Hotels
Sometimes people smoke in hotels. They also drink alcoholic beverages. Both of these things can give you cancer, and so whenever you enter a hotel (or "other lodging establishment") you must be warned. California hotels now often carry an actual warning label advising you about these dangers (yes, seriously), lest you wander into one unwittingly.

Boats
Engine exhaust from your “recreational vehicle”—along with the carbon monoxide and other engine-related chemicals—poses you a threat. Therefore, your boat must carry a warning label that advises you to avoid exposure to everything the boat does. If you’re thinking “but cars do that too,” don’t worry: passenger vehicles also carry the warning.

Wooden furniture and flooring
When wooden furniture is made, from sofas to bed frames there tends to be some wood dust. You know, because it's made of wood. But wood dust is dangerous, and it doesn't matter that it's really only a problem if you regularly inhale the levels of wood dust that sawmill workers are exposed to. Furniture that might still contain wood dust has to carry a label all the same.

Tuna
Mercury can cause birth defects, and therefore all fish high in mercury (like tuna, but also swordfish, marlin, king mackerel, and tilefish) falls under the Prop 65 guidelines. You definitely shouldn't be eating a ton of fish while pregnant, but most of us should be more worried about mercury poisoning, which anyone can get from consuming too much fish—not that Prop 65 warns you about that.

Pumpkin puree
Apparently there’s acrylamide in your pumpkin pie and you’ve been eating it for years. California’s got your back.

Potatoes
According to the state of California, we should all be soaking our potatoes in water for 15 to 30 minutes before cooking them, and we should never fry or roast them to a deep golden brown. We should carefully make them a light brown so as to avoid the acrylamide produced in the cooking process. So... have fun with that.

All alcohol
It's well-known that consuming lots of alcohol on a regular basis increases your risk of cancer. Alcohol doesn't give you cancer, but it can make you more likely to get it. A few beers a week—or maybe even a glass of wine a day—isn't going to do you in, but high daily consumption can certainly push a person's risk of getting cancer higher. Studies suggest that increased alcohol consumption might even be (partly) to blame for the rise in colorectal cancer in young people. So if we're going to applaud California for any of their labels, it'll be for this one. Licking lamps and driving boats probably won't give you cancer, but a life of alcoholism might. Will a label on alcohol do more than teach people to tune out cancer risk warnings? Unclear. But it's true we should all try to keep our drinking in moderation.