Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Ooma Telo Home Phone Service Bundle $110 + $5/$10 per month. Save thousands of $$$ in the next 10 years

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 1:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4349 posts
6152 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Ooma Telo Home Phone Service Bundle $110 + $5/$10 per month. Save thousands of $$$ in the next 10 years

I think the regular price is $130.

It's time to get rid of your $40, $50, $60 (and more) Bell & others monthly land line bill.

The monthly fee is $5 to $15 depending on what you want.

Previous RFD thread started by @DoorCrasher

EDIT August 21: price of $110 only at Amazon.ca
Last edited by Temporel on Aug 21st, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
151 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4467 posts
2886 upvotes
Edmonton
I finally convinced my parents to switch to VoIP. I went with Fongo but Ooma was on my list and I could've picked either. I think Fongo was a bit cheaper up front. My dad was paying $85/month to Rogers!!!

I rarely use the home phone but recently had multiple calls of 30 minutes+, only once for a few seconds I experienced some voice issues but otherwise it was crystal clear. The Fongo adapter is wired through ethernet.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4349 posts
6152 upvotes
Montreal
fatestkid wrote: (...) My dad was paying $85/month!!!

I rarely use the home phone but recently had multiple calls of 30 minutes+, only once for a few seconds I experienced some voice issues but otherwise it was crystal clear. (...)
$85 per month! Wow! Astonished Face

I personally use VoIP.ms but I read that Ooma is easier to set-up; kind of just plug and play.
And as long as you have a good Internet connection, you can't tell the difference between an old traditional land line and VoIP like Ooma (or VoIP.ms)

Make the calculations.
How much do you pay now per month versus what you would pay with Ooma (or any other VoIP service)?

Take your father for example at $85 per month versus even the premium Ooma service at $15 per month.
That's a $70 monthly saving!
That's $840 yearly!!
$8,400 in ten years!!!

The important thing is to make the move.
How much will you pay this year to Bell, Vidéotron, etc. if you DON'T make the move?
And next year...
And next year...
And next year...
Last edited by Temporel on Aug 11th, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8870 posts
2806 upvotes
Probably always a deal.

I have Ooma and haven't looked back. Best rogers could do was $37 for a home phone so not even close to what I'm paying now which is roughly ~$13 with Ooma premium
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4467 posts
2886 upvotes
Edmonton
Temporel wrote: $85 per month! Wow! Astonished Face

I personally use VoIP.ms but I read that Ooma is easier to set-up; kind of just plug and play.
And as long as you have a good Internet connection, you can't tell the difference between an old traditional land line and VoIP like Ooma (or VoIP.ms)
Yeah, no kidding I don't even pay $85 for my cellphone. His total Rogers bill was $180 and they wanted to increase it to $225/month so I cancelled TV and phone and retentions called me back to offer internet for half the previous price. Before cancelling I tried negotiating and the best they could do was $220 down from $225. Robbers.

I wanted Fongo or Ooma for ease of setup and customer service so that if something goes wrong my parents can fix it with help. VoIP.ms would be too challenging for them.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Dec 22, 2012
405 posts
194 upvotes
Mississauga
switched my parents over to ooma (paid premium version) has been fantastic. easy to do and they port your number! (free if you do premium)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4349 posts
6152 upvotes
Montreal
Somebody just downvoted "Not a good price" Face With Tears Of Joy

I guess saving thousands of dollars ain't enough. Face With Tears Of Joy

Wait 3 months for a better price on Black Friday, save $20.
Pay Bell 3 extra months for nothing, lose > $100.
Yeah, indeed, this deal is not at a good price. Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Temporel on Aug 11th, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8848 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
Using VOIP at my parent's place with some Chinese company. Paying 8.99 a month. Who needs Bell/Rogers?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1322 posts
367 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I finally convinced my parents to switch to VoIP. I went with Fongo but Ooma was on my list and I could've picked either. I think Fongo was a bit cheaper up front. My dad was paying $85/month to Rogers!!!

I rarely use the home phone but recently had multiple calls of 30 minutes+, only once for a few seconds I experienced some voice issues but otherwise it was crystal clear. The Fongo adapter is wired through ethernet.
$85/month to Rogers for a residential land line? Seriously? Robbers
Last edited by nav888 on Aug 11th, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2018
36 posts
20 upvotes
Switched over to Ooma from Roger's when it was recently on sale at Costco. Was paying $35/mth with Roger's to use the landline maybe for an hour every month. Made the switch and haven't looked back. Using the premium service and only regret that we didn't switch sooner. Only issue was the initial porting over the phone number. Other than that, highly recommend Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1709 posts
1454 upvotes
i’ve had ooma for 4-5 years. works great. i use it when i gotta call CS and have longer wait times. it’s comfier you hold a regular phone then a cell. costs me like 4.50 a month.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17732 posts
7630 upvotes
Oakville
The other alternative is to get an Obihai box, pay for a SIP code from freephoneline.ca, and literally never pay a phone bill ever again.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 13, 2011
31 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Even the basic version of ooma ($5/month) offers call display, call waiting, voicemail, etc. From their website, you can check all previous incoming and outgoing call history. I would never go back to Bhell or Robbers.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2432 posts
1223 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Note that if you don't have a good internet connection (or perhaps a crappy router) the quality can be so terrible as to be unusable.
I have family members that use this. Until they upgraded their internet package recently (from 30mbps to 500mbps.. yes, you'd think 30mbps would be sufficient for voice calls?) it was so horrible I'd always call their cell phones instead.
This space for rent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)