Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] OOS Asus Lyra voice further reduced - $129.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 2:40 pm
[OP]
Member
Nov 6, 2014
458 posts
351 upvotes
Kelowna, BC

[Amazon.ca] OOS Asus Lyra voice further reduced - $129.99

Previous deal and discussion here. Asus Lyra Voice AC 2200 tri band router combined with Bluetooth speaker and Alexa. Reviews are mixed depending on usage. Designed to be part of Asus Lyra mesh system but functions as router or access point or extender. I ordered one from Newegg thanks to previous thread but have not received it yet so can’t comment on functionality but I was not too concerned about reviews because I am only going to use it as an access point and speaker for a bedroom TV. I like the unique concept and cosmetics for my situation and wifi specs are decent for the price.
Last edited by Bluiis48 on Dec 24th, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3631 posts
845 upvotes
Amazing device. I would grab one in a flash if my amazon account was working. I wonder does it support Aimesh?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3696 posts
5854 upvotes
Kitchener
Tempting! Very tempting...
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3308 posts
2881 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote: Amazing device. I would grab one in a flash if my amazon account was working. I wonder does it support Aimesh?
Yes

"Lyra Voice features ASUS AiMesh technology, enabling you to combine all AiMesh-compatible routers into one WiFi system and enjoy a stable WiFi signal everywhere your home. "
from https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/Lyra-Voice/
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2019
189 posts
211 upvotes
Just chiming in that I use AIMesh with an Asus repeater and it has worked seamlessly with no issues for over a year now. Was considering this back then but it was significantly more expensive at the time.

I use a gigabit ethernet over powerline adapter to bring a "hardwired" connection to the second Asus aimesh device. This allows me to use both 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies on the secondary device. Otherwise I believe you dedicate one to repeating the wireless signal.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3631 posts
845 upvotes
This router is killer. Place in the kitchen or wherever. Looks good. It's got bluetooth speaker,etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3308 posts
2881 upvotes
Toronto
RobertA212 wrote: Just chiming in that I use AIMesh with an Asus repeater and it has worked seamlessly with no issues for over a year now. Was considering this back then but it was significantly more expensive at the time.

I use a gigabit ethernet over powerline adapter to bring a "hardwired" connection to the second Asus aimesh device. This allows me to use both 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies on the secondary device. Otherwise I believe you dedicate one to repeating the wireless signal.
In dual-band, AiMesh will choose one of the two radio bands for backhaul.
In case you have the node (repeater) wired, then it will automatically use the Ethernet backhaul feature (you can choose between Auto and Ethernet for the Connection Priority in the user interface).
If the AiMesh is used on two or more tri-band Asus routers, then one of the two available 5GHz radios will be used for backhaul (if the Ethernet connection is not available).
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2005
139 posts
41 upvotes
FYI. It was 99.99 at Best Buy and amazon on Black Friday. Should have pulled the trigger then. Might come down on Boxing Day.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3696 posts
5854 upvotes
Kitchener
jjpun wrote: FYI. It was 99.99 at Best Buy and amazon on Black Friday. Should have pulled the trigger then. Might come down on Boxing Day.
You're right, I'll wait till boxing day in that case.
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3308 posts
2881 upvotes
Toronto
GateGuardian wrote: Doesn't AiMesh disable Wifi6 as it uses that band to communicate with other devices?
The Lyra Voice does not have WiFi 6.

Yes, AiMesh will use of the bands for backhaul if the hardwired.

In dual-band, AiMesh will choose one of the two radio bands for backhaul.
In cases where you have the node hardwired, then it will automatically use the Ethernet backhaul feature (you can choose between Auto and Ethernet for the Connection Priority in the user interface).
If the AiMesh is used on two or more tri-band Asus routers, then one of the two available 5GHz radios will be used for backhaul (if the Ethernet connection is not available).
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 23, 2011
64 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
Changed to Shaw blue Curve from Gateway and the wifi signal has got worsen since day 1 !. I hope this will help me solve my issue. Yes I got the pods but is no help ! I have Asus GT 5300 so AI Mesh is build in. Please note there is a 1 limit quantity order for this item from Amazon.ca
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14281 posts
4026 upvotes
Scarberia
i just got this the other day(delivery is today), does amazon do price match? or do i have to rebuy and return thx! im gonna aiMesh this with my a86u router, was there a hot deals thread on BF for it on sale at 99$? how the heck did i miss that! instant buy at 99$
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3308 posts
2881 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: i just got this the other day(delivery is today), does amazon do price match? or do i have to rebuy and return thx! im gonna aiMesh this with my a86u router
Amazon does not price match. You can return and buy them again at lower price,
You could trying contacting them through chat and explain how this is not a good policy, they may give you credit for the price difference.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3696 posts
5854 upvotes
Kitchener
Only 7 left in stock... should I bite or wait till boxing day?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14281 posts
4026 upvotes
Scarberia
JoJoCan wrote: Only 7 left in stock... should I bite or wait till boxing day?
gonna be OOS soon!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14281 posts
4026 upvotes
Scarberia
Dhanushan wrote: Amazon does not price match. You can return and buy them again at lower price,
You could trying contacting them through chat and explain how this is not a good policy, they may give you credit for the price difference.
since theres only 7 left i bought another one lol...it prolly goes down to 99$ on bd , don't wanna buy a 3rd!
i wonder if the rceipt has the serial number on it? if not, i can use the 1st router i get but return the 2nd router at the higher price?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3696 posts
5854 upvotes
Kitchener
mikka2017 wrote: gonna be OOS soon!
I think I can wait... $30 is a lot
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3308 posts
2881 upvotes
Toronto
jjpun wrote: FYI. It was 99.99 at Best Buy and amazon on Black Friday. Should have pulled the trigger then. Might come down on Boxing Day.
mikka2017 wrote: i just got this the other day(delivery is today), does amazon do price match? or do i have to rebuy and return thx! im gonna aiMesh this with my a86u router, was there a hot deals thread on BF for it on sale at 99$? how the heck did i miss that! instant buy at 99$
I did not see the $99 deal thread, I would have bought 1 at that price.
mikka2017 wrote: since theres only 7 left i bought another one lol...it prolly goes down to 99$ on bd , don't wanna buy a 3rd!
i wonder if the rceipt has the serial number on it? if not, i can use the 1st router i get but return the 2nd router at the higher price?
You could do that. Amazon Invoice should have no serial number for these.

Top