Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

OOS Asus Lyra voice further reduced - $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 2:40 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
neat lil all in one, functions as alexa, bluetooth and router! too bad it didn't have a digital clockface or upgraded version with like a touch video screen!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
mikka2017 wrote: neat lil all in one, functions as alexa, bluetooth and router! too bad it didn't have a digital clockface or upgraded version with like a touch video screen!

While we’re at it ,Add a 3 stage knife sharpener and I’m sold !
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1764 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
Are you using the bluecurve TV boxes along with your blue curve modem, or strictly just for the internet? Are you putting shaw blue curve modem in bridge mode in order to connect your Asus GT 5300 to it? I was told that if I convert my old gateway HD TV boxes to the the bluecurve TV boxes, I cannot use the blue curve modem in bridge mode thus rendering my 3rd party router unuesable? Is that true?
Vanmike888 wrote: Changed to Shaw blue Curve from Gateway and the wifi signal has got worsen since day 1 !. I hope this will help me solve my issue. Yes I got the pods but is no help ! I have Asus GT 5300 so AI Mesh is build in. Please note there is a 1 limit quantity order for this item from Amazon.ca
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
i cannot find the aimesh node! do i hook up the ethernet on the back of the lyra to the wan(internet)port or the lan port? thx
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8363 posts
8911 upvotes
seems like a great deal if you need a router and want Alex... decisions decisions...

but Boxing Day is just around the corner with unknown surprises...
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
so i got the aimesh finally after like 1 hr lol of fiddling around, i had to factory reset the damn thing...im hooked up to ethernet from my ac86u to the lyra voice but it says uplink is wireless so im not sure if its wired backhaul

ok, i got ethernet wired correct now. u have to plug the cord into the WAN(internet port) , i can see why this is NOT a popular item, its frustrating as heck to setup...i thought u can use voice to control but u can't! i can't even activate alexa on it...doesn't say nothing! ..i tried to BT pair it but i don't think its a BT speaker either!
asus lyra app is laggyAF! overall this thing is a PITA to setup and use!!! omg i wanted to chuck it on the ground!

ONLY buy this if its 99$ or less! omg now i gotta return TWO of these lol
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4578 posts
2489 upvotes
Not to sound like Capt. Obvious, but did you update the router firmware - there was a review which said they had many problems setting up until they had updated to a newer firmware.

mikka2017 wrote: so i got the aimesh finally after like 1 hr lol of fiddling around, i had to factory reset the damn thing...im hooked up to ethernet from my ac86u to the lyra voice but it says uplink is wireless so im not sure if its wired backhaul

ok, i got ethernet wired correct now. u have to plug the cord into the WAN(internet port) , i can see why this is NOT a popular item, its frustrating as heck to setup...i thought u can use voice to control but u can't! i can't even activate alexa on it...doesn't say nothing! ..i tried to BT pair it but i don't think its a BT speaker either!
asus lyra app is laggyAF! overall this thing is a PITA to setup and use!!! omg i wanted to chuck it on the ground!

ONLY buy this if its 99$ or less! omg now i gotta return TWO of these lol
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Any way to disable Alexa? I just need something to set up aimesh and this router looks kinda cool
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
mangoman wrote: Not to sound like Capt. Obvious, but did you update the router firmware - there was a review which said they had many problems setting up until they had updated to a newer firmware.
ya its on the latest firmware , i checked, its the same firmware as my ac86u, i think it upgraded when i first setup, thats why it seemed to lag, maybe user error on my part...this thing is so slow laggy when u setup using that green asus lyra app...i think its much better to use the blue and black asus router app, as for alexa u don't have to use it if u don't sign in first...just reboot and it auto defaults and runs NO alexa....but to use alexa again u gotta go PITA to login to account and give permissions..then it takes a'while' for alexa to activate! its not instant like echo dots,,, i wanted to 'voice' control the this but i don't think it works with voice commands... the music speaker on this thing sounds bad imo...im not sure how to change the bass or equalizer on it...maybe thru the alexa app(im not sure if im logged into my right amazon account ) i have many amazon and google accounts so maybe thats why alexa/voice/spofity/amazon music doesn't work sometimes

FYI only one left! there was like only 6 others that bought this today lol..so its not very popular and u can see why...not very easy to install/setup
Dec 23, 2011
90 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
I am using the internet with the router and the blue curve is set up independent. It is not set up as a bridge mode. "the BlueCurve Gateway must be in gateway mode (not bridged) for a 4K wireless box to work." from https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/ ... /ta-p/6266 . I spoken to Shaw and said my problem is a bandwidth problem not a wifi signal problem. Anyways I will upgrade to their 600 speed plan once my current plan is set to renew next year. Then I can see if the solution is indeed the bandwidth? I was also told that the second generation pod has arrived and its much faster and has higher coverage. I might try that too later.
Oct 3, 2007
306 posts
192 upvotes
Bought this to try hoping it would use 3rd band for wireless backhaul but it doesn’t...It also doesn’t support aimesh 2.0 at the moment for those who are wondering.

Will decide whether to return or not before return deadline...
Aug 9, 2007
75 posts
52 upvotes
Gatineau, Québec
I was actually looking for that info but I already bought the router... I really hope it will support aimesh 2.0 since my other router is compatible 2.0
I will also wait and decide later if I return but just out of curiosity, what do you guys pick for return reason to avoid paying return shipping fee ? since the order is not a mistake from their part are you just saying it's doesn't work or broken ?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Sp3kt3r wrote: I was actually looking for that info but I already bought the router... I really hope it will support aimesh 2.0 since my other router is compatible 2.0
I will also wait and decide later if I return but just out of curiosity, what do you guys pick for return reason to avoid paying return shipping fee ? since the order is not a mistake from their part are you just saying it's doesn't work or broken ?
It's not free shipping back? Wow gonna have to fudge it Face With Tears Of Joy. I was gonna return it sealed but now I gotta open it a bit

So no aimesh 2.0huh..that's why the price drop... So pita slow setting up too smh

#defective
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1781 posts
2401 upvotes
GPS - error
I’m not sure I wanna buy another Asus router, they end up not supporting them quickly,
and sometimes the last available firmware is buggy as hell ...
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
does the ac86u router have aiMEsh2.0 or only newer wifi6 routers have this ? confused, tia
Sep 10, 2015
501 posts
406 upvotes
Brampton, ON
escape1975 wrote: I’m not sure I wanna buy another Asus router, they end up not supporting them quickly,
I’ve found ASU’s to be good at support. Even my n66u had gotten updates.
Oct 3, 2007
306 posts
192 upvotes
escape1975 wrote: I’m not sure I wanna buy another Asus router, they end up not supporting them quickly,
I’d have to agree with you on that but at the same time I’ve already invested too much into Asus to switch. Haha. Their new firmware with aimesh 2.0 has actually been pretty stable.
mikka2017 wrote: does the ac86u router have aiMEsh2.0 or only newer wifi6 routers have this ? confused, tia
If you’re on the latest firmware for the 86u, you will have aimesh 2.0

For other routers, just go on asus site and see if firmware update has 2.0 or not
Dec 17, 2017
229 posts
287 upvotes
Price dropped to black friday $99 now on bestbuy, got my price adjusted on chat support, because I picked it up in store 2 days ago.

Edit: Got mine but I think it is a wast of money, according to dongknows,
Mixing with a dual-band primary router and a tri-band node means you will likely waste the node’s second 5 GHz band — it will not be used in any situation
In my case, I am using a gt-ac2900 as main router (two band), and lyra voice(tri-band) as node and with wired backhaul,.[/quote, which means 5g-2 on lyra voice is wasted
Images
  • rcVvtrf.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)