Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Optoma UHZ45 4K UHD Laser Home Theater and Gaming Projector $1999.00

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1349 posts
930 upvotes
YYC

[Amazon.ca] Optoma UHZ45 4K UHD Laser Home Theater and Gaming Projector $1999.00

Optoma UHZ45 4K UHD Laser Home Theater and Gaming Projector
$1999.00 ships and sold by Amazon.ca at 38% off (lists at $3199.00)
Used warehouse deal for $1769.62 if you don't mind open box. (Sold - OOS)
3,800 Lumens for Lights-On Viewing
240Hz Refresh Rate and Ultra-Low 4ms Response Time
2,000,000 to 1 dynamic contrast ratio
1.3x Zoom, 1.5-1.66:1 Throw Ratio, Laser Light Source,
HDR/HLG supported!

Cheap for a laser projector. Uses the Ti pixel shifter for 4K. Should have lots of brightness for daytime usage at 3800 lumen. I don't have any experience with it but others might from Black Friday deals ($2300 then).

Last edited by herc on Jan 18th, 2023 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
49 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
7420 posts
25461 upvotes
Dang, 240hz! Better then TV for gaming.
:)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1349 posts
930 upvotes
YYC
JoJoCan wrote: Dang, 240hz! Better then TV for gaming.
i'm pretty sure the 240Hz is only at 1080p, though.
Dec 31, 2005
407 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
According to product page: 16.7ms response time in 4K at 60Hz and 4ms in 1080P at 240Hz
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1349 posts
930 upvotes
YYC
krn905 wrote: I feel like this is what those guys sell u out of white vans in Walmart parking lots.

Prove me wrong lol
The step up UHZ50 won Editor's Choice and Best of the Year 2021 at Projector Central. The UHZ45 is a 2022 model that never got tested there but it is similar in many respects, just no wireless connectivity or streaming, 2M vs 2.5M to 1 contrast, less setup adjustments, and no frame interpolation to mention a few of the main differences which make it USD$300 less normally. The UHZ50 at Amazon is currently CAD$3599 in comparison.

I'm hoping someone who owns one will chime in to give their opinion on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3943 posts
1392 upvotes
Belle River
It's $500 more (when not on sale) but how does this compare to an LED Benq x3000i?

I don't plan to game much on it, maybe not at all, so it may seem odd to be looking at that model but it seems to be very well reviewed for movies as well. I also looked at LG CineBeam but what pushed me towards Benq was the 3yr warranty vs. LG's 1yr. I looked at some Optomas but nothing stood out, the Benq seemed to easily beat them for around the same price.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1215 posts
1741 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Can anyone recommend a good projector under 500 just for sports events in my basement with friends maybe twice a month?? Is there a decent projector out there under 500?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2635 posts
2657 upvotes
Montréal
I feel like the age of projectors is coming to an end…

85” TVs vs 100” Projectors/Screens (obviously if you can fit a larger screen it changes the comparison - but 100” is fairly xommon)

The TVs win significantly on every aspect except those 15” and the prices are comparable

I have pk-747x myself and i am considering selling it for a TV
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: I feel like the age of projectors is coming to an end…

85” TVs vs 100” Projectors/Screens (obviously if you can fit a larger screen it changes the comparison - but 100” is fairly xommon)

The TVs win significantly on every aspect except those 15” and the prices are comparable

Who is buying 85" TVs though? Especially OLEDs. And those TVs cost the equivalent of high end projectors where you can project 120-130" screens
https://www.samsung.com/ca/projectors/t ... sp7tfaxzc/
https://www.samsung.com/ca/projectors/t ... sp9tfaxzc/

The newest Samsung 8K projects 150" screen (likely $11k price tag though)

I'm an OLED tv owner (65" LG C2) and don't own a projector yet, but I'd definitely buy 4k projector on a really good deal (like that Epson price error) for the immersive-ness.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3382 posts
1114 upvotes

This exactly - tv's have become so much cheaper and deliver a better picture. If these projectors were $1000 and brighter they could compete but not currently......
Dec 30, 2016
126 posts
117 upvotes
My old projector was a 1080P Optoma for $800 and that was paired with an 100" screen and 120" screen.
The immersive factor was still greater for me than using my 82" OLED. So if you have screen space for 100" and up; go projector!

Once TV's reach minimum 100", I think lower end projectors will lose out so I agree with that.

If I had to choose between a 100" OLED and 100" Projector, i'd go OLED easily.
My current setup is the JVC NZ7 with 180" which obviously no consumer TV will compete for a very long time.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1029 posts
691 upvotes

Projectors have their use. I project it to the ceiling for watching movies on the bed. Imagine hanging a TV on the ceiling. It might fall on your face.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1899 posts
1456 upvotes
Brea wrote: Projectors have their use. I project it to the ceiling for watching movies on the bed. Imagine hanging a TV on the ceiling. It might fall on your face.
I can imagine it very well. And it can't fall on your face. If you know how theater stages are done, anything hanging above needs to have double attachment, so in addition to the very secure mount you will also have someone like a metal chain or a cord which would catch the load in the very unlikely scenario that the mount somehow fails.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1899 posts
1456 upvotes
Not really. But let me know once you get a 120" TV.
Nov 26, 2013
604 posts
322 upvotes
MTL
How about regular projector vs laser tv interms of picture quality, i like the convience of a laser tv.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1423 posts
361 upvotes
Mississauga
Ranked #4 in Projector Central's Top 10 list
Thread on AVS Forum with opinions

One review from 2nd link:
Got the projector today. Set it up real quick projecting onto a wall in my living room. Normal living room, daytime didn’t close any curtains. Eventually it will be projecting onto a 120” Vividstorm alr screen in a different room but it will be a few weeks until that is setup.

My wall isn’t white so I used the wall adjustment. I played around with the different brightness modes. Right now I’m liking dynamic black. Couldn’t tell much difference between constant luminescent and constant power. Eco was too dim.

There’s a separate brightness slider. I cranked that to the max of 50. It for sure washed things out, but everything was much more watchable in my living room in daytime. I’m sure the screen I’m getting will help out, will report back.

In terms of noise I’m sitting right next to it and barely hear it. There’s a low fan noise you can hear if you focus, but you’re not going to hear it during normal viewing.

Here’s some videos I took:
Football: no complaints here. You should have no issue watching the game with your buddies in a normal room.

Dune Daytime Scene: Little washed out because of high brightness. Still looks good to me though.

Dune Night Scene: Not great, blacks are grey, hard to see details. Hopefully a screen helps.

This is my first projector and I like it a lot. Just throwing it up on the wall with no prep and minimal adjustments 90% of content is very watchable. I actually prefer it to my oled right now for daytime viewing because there’s no reflections. Who cares how deep your blacks are if you see screen reflections? I’m definitely going to want to try it out for a few weeks with a screen before I commit, but so far my experience is positive.
Jun 25, 2005
792 posts
467 upvotes
Damn, this is so close to my budget to upgrade my old projector which is on its last legs. I’m looking for $1500 but this sounds good on paper.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1899 posts
1456 upvotes
So this is a non Ultra Short Throw projector. Is it compatible with an ALR screen? I would guess it is not. The review quoted above implies that it is.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1349 posts
930 upvotes
YYC
elfion wrote: So this is a non Ultra Short Throw projector. Is it compatible with an ALR screen? I would guess it is not. The review quoted above implies that it is.
Of course it is compatible with an ALR screen. How well the ALR screen rejects ambient light depends on where it is coming from and what kind of ALR screen you buy, though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)