Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Oral-B Toothbrushes IO series was $380, now $300 - 6000 series was $200, now $100 - 8000 series was $280, now $135 ymmv

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 2:43 pm
68 replies
Newbie
Feb 9, 2020
85 posts
81 upvotes
williamsauga wrote: $300 for a toothbrush Astonished Face
I get what you are saying, but I have owned my OralB 8000 for many years. 2 of us using it, twice daily and it does a significantly better job than the cheaper electric we had before. I don't use the smart features, although we did try them out at the beginning. I do joke from time to time, even my toothbrush has Bluetooth.

The point I'm trying to make, I used optimum points to get it for about $200 on sale. It averages out to pennies a day. Yes replacement heads are expensive in comparison to manual brushes but it really does a better job, and dental work is expensive. So really I look at fancy brushes as cost saving in the long run.
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 5, 2019
75 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect timing for me, my oral-b professional care model purchased 4 years ago just died this week. Lets hope this one lasts at least another 4!
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2006
577 posts
163 upvotes
Kitchener
I purchased an iO series 8 on sale and have no regrets! I legit feel like I came from the dentists daily.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1628 posts
193 upvotes
I purchased the IO 9 earlier this year and it really does clean better than my previous Oral-B. Could be the pressure sensor that notified me I don't push hard enough :)

I paid 140ish tax in. If you have a hookup at a dental office it's really the way to go.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2010
1779 posts
1020 upvotes
Montreal
Do the more expensive ones do a better job? I'm confused about the differences
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1628 posts
193 upvotes
n-ster wrote: Do the more expensive ones do a better job? I'm confused about the differences
That's the theory.

Worst case they look much cooler and have more lights. I made my ring purple, and the new stand is nicer :)

The app integration is pretty useless as the tooth tracking is not much better on the newest one.
Member
Jun 16, 2021
341 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
shane636 wrote: I get what you are saying, but I have owned my OralB 8000 for many years. 2 of us using it, twice daily and it does a significantly better job than the cheaper electric we had before. I don't use the smart features, although we did try them out at the beginning. I do joke from time to time, even my toothbrush has Bluetooth.

The point I'm trying to make, I used optimum points to get it for about $200 on sale. It averages out to pennies a day. Yes replacement heads are expensive in comparison to manual brushes but it really does a better job, and dental work is expensive. So really I look at fancy brushes as cost saving in the long run.
So you have use one device for 2 people? Is the head super easy to change so each has their own?
Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2013
291 posts
473 upvotes
Hamilton
I have an Oral B 8000 I bought 2017 prime day for 133.59. Still going strong. Would never pay 300 for the io 9 when dental professionals and students get it for under 140. You would have to have marbles in your head to spend 300 on tooth brush.

https://www.dentalcare.ca/en-ca/product ... trial-unit
Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2013
291 posts
473 upvotes
Hamilton
tlamm wrote: I purchased the IO 9 earlier this year and it really does clean better than my previous Oral-B. Could be the pressure sensor that notified me I don't push hard enough :)

I paid 140ish tax in. If you have a hookup at a dental office it's really the way to go.
Exactly any one that pays sticker price is a sucker.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3924 upvotes
Toronto and London
Chince wrote: I have an Oral B 8000 I bought 2017 prime day for 133.59. Still going strong. Would never pay 300 for the io 9 when dental professionals and students get it for under 140. You would have to have marbles in your head to spend 300 on tooth brush.

https://www.dentalcare.ca/en-ca/product ... trial-unit
Looks like anyone can register to that site?
Member
User avatar
Aug 21, 2005
244 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I got an Oral B from Costco many years ago and used for a few years, until someone in a hostel stole my charger (when traveling). I then bought a store branded one from Loblaws for the charger for about $20. I couldn't see a serious difference in functionality between the actual devices - there are cosmetic differences, but they don't affect functionality. I've been using the cheap one exclusively since, and it's been going for about the same time as the expensive one before replacement. I wouldn't buy an expensive one again.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2627 posts
5838 upvotes
Vancouver
shane636 wrote: I get what you are saying, but I have owned my OralB 8000 for many years. 2 of us using it, twice daily and it does a significantly better job than the cheaper electric we had before. I don't use the smart features, although we did try them out at the beginning. I do joke from time to time, even my toothbrush has Bluetooth.

The point I'm trying to make, I used optimum points to get it for about $200 on sale. It averages out to pennies a day. Yes replacement heads are expensive in comparison to manual brushes but it really does a better job, and dental work is expensive. So really I look at fancy brushes as cost saving in the long run.
I use a 77 cent toothbrush and replace 3 times a year.

Take about 86 years just to recoup the cost of your $200 Oralb 8000 assuming no expensive ass brush replacements which you need

We buy on emotion and justify with logic, in this case lack of logic
Last edited by danascully on Nov 2nd, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2627 posts
5838 upvotes
Vancouver
n-ster wrote: Do the more expensive ones do a better job? I'm confused about the differences
You realize this thing doesn't go in your mouth and brush your teeth for you right?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4496 posts
723 upvotes
costco had a pair of IQ 7C for 199.97 item number 1483729 few months ago. only con is the brush heads are more expensive than the original and you have to order them from online. Don't see any instore.
Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2013
291 posts
473 upvotes
Hamilton
RiftOfChaos wrote: Looks like anyone can register to that site?
Nope need to provide proof you’re a dentist or dental student when registering.
Newbie
Mar 12, 2008
34 posts
49 upvotes
Kelowna Area
danascully wrote: I use a 77 cent toothbrush and replace 3 times a year.

Take about 86 years just to recoup the cost of your $200 Oralb 8000 assuming no expensive ass brush replacements which you need

We buy on emotion and justify with logic, in this case lack of logic
There's a huge difference in results going from a manual toothbrush to an electric one as far as how clean you get your teeth. How big that difference is between a $50 one and a $300 one I don't know. Some of the features on the newer ones are good though, like the indicator if you're brushing too hard, since you will damage your gums over time if you are.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2004
2609 posts
2831 upvotes
Oakville
I've had an iO for about a year and am a fan, the only downside is that replacement heads are expensive, you can't use other Oral-B heads, and the iO-specific heads aren't stocked in many stores. The cheapest place I've found to buy them has been Costco.ca.
Newbie
Feb 9, 2020
85 posts
81 upvotes
SPYderBra wrote: So you have use one device for 2 people? Is the head super easy to change so each has their own?
Head is very easy to change, it just pops on and off. The one we bought came with a stand to sit up to 4 heads, and they are the designed to be swapped for different users in the home. Also its recommended to not leave the head on because it doesn't dry out in between uses.

Top