Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Orbit 12 station sprinkler controller $119

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2021 12:16 am
13 replies
Dec 17, 2017
182 posts
237 upvotes
What else do I need to buy? A wired or wireless controlled hose adapter?
May 25, 2010
671 posts
996 upvotes
Orillia
hunter sprinklers has a how to on there website
ogloprfd wrote: What else do I need to buy? A wired or wireless controlled hose adapter?
Aug 29, 2018
370 posts
241 upvotes
How does this work? You connect the box to a power outlet in your garage? How does it turn the taps on and off? Do the hoses have to connect to the box in the garage, or what?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1858 posts
744 upvotes
laike4 wrote: How does this work? You connect the box to a power outlet in your garage? How does it turn the taps on and off? Do the hoses have to connect to the box in the garage, or what?
You would need a valve for each line that you'd like to control. The box then turns the valve on and off according to the conditions and your schedule.
Aug 29, 2018
370 posts
241 upvotes
How tho, do you have to run a wire from the controller box to the valve?
Jun 10, 2005
601 posts
392 upvotes
laike4 wrote: How tho, do you have to run a wire from the controller box to the valve?
Yeah. A manifold has multiple valves. Each valve has a solenoid that controls it. When powered, the solenoid will open the valve and let water pass. The sprinkler controller gets wired up to the solenoid on each valve so it can power the solenoid at the right time and let water pass through.
[OP]
Sep 4, 2016
266 posts
364 upvotes
laike4 wrote: How tho, do you have to run a wire from the controller box to the valve?
Usually you'll have a buried balve manifold in an underground box, and the multi conductor wire will run from there to the controller, usually in a garage or the basement.
May 22, 2016
740 posts
983 upvotes
I'm in the market, but can't seem to find a comparison between what the new model gives you over this one...
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1612 posts
264 upvotes
I have a basic bare bones Hunter controller that came with the house. Is it pretty easy just to swap out the wires to upgrade to this?
Nov 24, 2018
753 posts
949 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I would probably go and buy the wyze controller if you can find one online.... over this one.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Mar 26, 2007
359 posts
43 upvotes
Sarnia
i have this and it works great. I've never replaced one of these before but it was pretty easy. Love being able to control everything from my phone
Jun 19, 2006
582 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
crustydragon wrote: I have a basic bare bones Hunter controller that came with the house. Is it pretty easy just to swap out the wires to upgrade to this?
Yes swapping out is pretty straightforward. Take pictures of your existing setup and you should be good to go.

I recently swapped out mine with a 6 zone and could not be happier.