Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Orbit B-Hyve 4 Wifi Sprinkler System Controller - 81.82$ PM opportunity with HD for 73.62$

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2019 11:29 am
[OP]
Aug 11, 2015
13 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec, QC

[Amazon Canada] Orbit B-Hyve 4 Wifi Sprinkler System Controller - 81.82$ PM opportunity with HD for 73.62$

I was looking at Sprinkler system controller and came across this model that is *supposed* to get Homekit support in the near future. There is a web interface and mobile application and connectivity to weather so for the price not a bad deal. It supports 4 solenoid so it's not for a big system. According to *************** it's the lowest it's ever been (normally ~95$). There is even a PM possibility at Home Depot(currently 100$) for an even better deal if they give you the 10% on top of the difference.
29 replies
May 28, 2007
253 posts
77 upvotes
Mississauga
Using 8 model and it is huge improvement over the conventional one. Manages rain delays based on the forecast. Super simple to set up and run.
Dec 22, 2006
168 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
Link shows $49.95 for me.....???

Edit, sorry link was going to .com, must be a setting on my app...
Last edited by cap6pac on Jul 10th, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary, AB
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1430 posts
1293 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks.. I may look at upgrading my existing "non smart" irrigation controller.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1915 posts
442 upvotes
Has anyone tried with homebridge? Seems like homekit support was "announced" last year but orbit has been strangely quiet about any updates. Doesn't look promising.

I'm in the market for the rachio 3 but at close to $300, this seems like a great alternative as long as I'm willing to live with homebridge on an ongoing basis.
Last edited by mr_yellow on Jul 10th, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 26, 2009
405 posts
263 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks op. I had to replace my manifold since it cracked and was looking to upgrade the timer as well. The model number doesn’t match with Home Depot but I will try anyways.
Nov 22, 2017
75 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal
cap6pac wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:52 am
Link shows $49.95 for me.....???

Edit, sorry link was going to .com, must be a setting on my app...
Yeap, me too going to com. Is it because I reinstalled tgeir app recently? Just removed it and disabled in apps, still forwarded to com, instead of ca ... Weird
[OP]
Aug 11, 2015
13 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec, QC
UltimateB wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:03 am
Thanks op. I had to replace my manifold since it cracked and was looking to upgrade the timer as well. The model number doesn’t match with Home Depot but I will try anyways.
They didn't give me any problem at HD. Orbit does states on their website that's it’s the same product but only for different market same thing applies to irrigation valves
[OP]
Aug 11, 2015
13 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec, QC
mr_yellow wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:02 am
Has anyone tried with homebridge? Seems like homekit support was "announced" last year but orbit has been strangely quiet about any updates. Doesn't look promising.

I'm in the market for the rachio 3 but at close to $300, this seems like a great alternative as long as I'm willing to live with homebridge on an ongoing basis.
Have you looked at HomeAssistant? I'm planning to connect them together...
Mar 13, 2012
828 posts
623 upvotes
Surrey
when can we get a "smart wife" one day in the future
Apr 26, 2009
405 posts
263 upvotes
Calgary
mathieuj wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:53 am
They didn't give me any problem at HD. Orbit does states on their website that's it’s the same product but only for different market same thing applies to irrigation valves
Did you do it in-store? Online chat said no to me since the model is different
Apr 29, 2014
8 posts
1 upvote
Oakville
Good Timing, I've been using Skydrop for a few years. They decided to start charging $1.99 USD per month for their service - bait and switch. Albeit the hardware was good, they claim they lost their weather vendor and costs have increased. As a result they removed access to smartphone / tablet control, weather and scheduling. You now have to do everything at the unit. I bought this for smartphone control. If I wanted to control everything at the unit, my old Rainbird I replaced did all that.
Apr 26, 2009
405 posts
263 upvotes
Calgary
Ok, so Home Depot would only price match, not the further 10% discount cause it's an online retailer. It says so in their policy. I'll just get it from Amazon then since I have some gift cards there and can get eBates.
Sep 7, 2006
70 posts
17 upvotes
I just picked up a rachio, and I love it. This one is quite similar, but way cheaper. I have learned to adjust the heads for even coverage, and it is easy to do with your phone, instead of running back and forth. I find it so easy to adjust schedules on my phone. One small thing, I read a review saying that the rachio was the only one to actually delay watering during rain, but honestly, at this price who cares - just keep an eye out for rain yourself and stop it when you need to. This thing generally gets great reviews.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2015
13 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec, QC
UltimateB wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:47 am
Did you do it in-store? Online chat said no to me since the model is different
I did it in the store, honestly I'm not even sure if it's not the same number on the box I did not even checked.