• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 8:02 am
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] Orient Mako USA II (Warehouse Deal) $197.80 — SOLD OUT

There are 3 in stock all in VG condition as I write this.

Add to cart to see the extra 20% off.

Compared to the Mako II the USA has a sapphire crystal and has a better bracelet. This is an excellent watch for the money and a great way to get into mechanical watches. The Ray II was my first mechanical watch and now I have 20 including 5 Orients.

For those who don’t know the Orient brand, they are owned by Seiko but make their own in house movements in Japan.

All of the Orients in the warehouse deals are at 20%.

I’ve had excellent luck with warehouse deal watches in the very good category, none had the “minor scratch” they indicate in the listing.
Last edited by randomroyalty on Nov 29th, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 replies
Jul 14, 2004
369 posts
60 upvotes
I've also had a good experience buying an Orient from Amazon warehouse deals, box was a little damaged but otherwise the watch was in perfect condition.
Jan 26, 2017
105 posts
42 upvotes
Thank you OP! I purchased one and managed to grab one. I just started getting into watches and this will be my 6th watch. 2 Seikos and soon 2 Orients Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 7, 2017
664 posts
849 upvotes
I owned this watch for about two years. I bought it during last sale for $170ish. Two major problems:

1) bracelet, even though very comfortable, was nothing but problem. Bracelet pins are of a very soft metal and bend with any impact. Resulting in twice almost loosing a watch and 1 time banging it on a concrete floor. Original bracelet also pulls very hard on arm hairs I switched my bracet to barton premium silicon which solved these issues and made watch even more attractive and lighter.

2) time is going a bit quicker. Every 2 weeks about 4-5 minutes forward.

Overall a great everyday watch for the money. Super waterproof, I took it in to lakes, pools, ocean, shower not an issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)