Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Outset QZ44 Pizza Grill Stone, 13-Inch for $19.97 (Back ordered)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 9:48 am
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
774 posts
3267 upvotes
MILTON

[Amazon.ca] Outset QZ44 Pizza Grill Stone, 13-Inch for $19.97 (Back ordered)

In stock on August 12.
  • 13 inch diameter, 0.39 inch thick
  • Made of cordierite stone
  • Safe for use in the oven and on the grill
  • Heat safe up to 1450° F (787°C)
  • Can be used to bake pizzas, bread, rolls, tortillas and more
Last edited by immad01 on Aug 4th, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Nov 21, 2010
9 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Not sure how this is a deal as it was $2 lower in the middle of July. Seems like a good pizza stone though
Mar 7, 2011
102 posts
99 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote: This 13” stone for $20 or TWO 10” stones for $28 ?

Napoleon Grills 70000 Commercial 10" Personal Sized Pizza/Baking Stone Set https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XTSRH3N/ref ... kFbTM7NKST
Well.... According to BP's sizes, that's a small pizza for you and your SO, or a medium pizza if you don't have an SO and need to eat your feelings. (though I guess there is a 3rd option where you and your SO share that medium pizza, but if you're making pizzas at home, half the fun is being able to 'design' your own)
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
774 posts
3267 upvotes
MILTON
back in stock on August 12th
Aug 25, 2011
178 posts
96 upvotes
LONDON
Just a heads up, it's actually 13.5 inches. Kills the deal for me as I'd like it to fit into my air fryer oven. Thanks anyway OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1070 posts
751 upvotes
Markham
mcfrugal wrote: This 13” stone for $20 or TWO 10” stones for $28 ?

Napoleon Grills 70000 Commercial 10" Personal Sized Pizza/Baking Stone Set https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XTSRH3N/ref ... kFbTM7NKST
Calculating it like a pizza for best value:
13" = 132 sq in
$20
6.6 sq in per $

2x 10" = 157 sq in
$28
5.6 sq in per $

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
774 posts
3267 upvotes
MILTON
bk wrote: Calculating it like a pizza for best value:
13" = 132 sq in
$20
6.6 sq in per $

2x 10" = 157 sq in
$28
5.6 sq in per $
that is what i thought when i bought these 10" pair, they are way too small. they make personal pizza so if you have a family then you will have to cook few fast.

good thing is pizza cook faster on these stones. just pre-heat your oven to temp 475 or 500 and let the stones sit in there for 5 minutes before putting pizza on them.
Sep 15, 2015
541 posts
330 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Personally I feel pizza pan is easier to maintain, and last a very long time. Pizza stone is crack prone, hard to clean (some say you should never clean it) and need to handle it very carefully. Also it is a pain in the ass to transfer pizza as it always stick on the board.
https://www.preparedpantry.com/blog/buy ... pizza-pan/

Also, I have used stone/pan/cast iron fry pan and feel CI frypan result in the best pizza and it works well even without preheating so I can avoid the transfer step
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Sep 2, 2007
393 posts
122 upvotes
immad01 wrote: that is what i thought when i bought these 10" pair, they are way too small. they make personal pizza so if you have a family then you will have to cook few fast.

good thing is pizza cook faster on these stones. just pre-heat your oven to temp 475 or 500 and let the stones sit in there for 5 minutes before putting pizza on them.
how do you put it on without making a mess if they're piping hot; and how do you oil them?
Sep 23, 2007
142 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
noplan wrote: how do you put it on without making a mess if they're piping hot; and how do you oil them?

Use a pizza peel to "launch" your pizza onto the stone. Don't use oil; you'll have to have the pizza relatively well floured to allow it to release from the peel onto the stone anyways.

Stones are great, but if you're serious about pizza at home get a baking steel. Not only do they retain heat better and cook the pizza better, but because of the better heat retention compared to a stone, you can cook many more pizzas in succession without a drop in quality or rise in cooking time. https://slice.seriouseats.com/2012/09/t ... ivers.html

I've had the same one sitting in my oven at all times other than when I run the self clean cycle since I got it a couple years ago and hate having to make pizza without it (which has happened to me!).