Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Outsunny Portable Greenhouse with Shelves (56 × 30 × 78-Inch), $40 after promo code

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 2:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2019
1260 posts
5348 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Outsunny Portable Greenhouse with Shelves (56 × 30 × 78-Inch), $40 after promo code

Outsunny Portable Greenhouse with Shelves (56 × 30 × 78-Inch), $40 after promo code 89OWP7XY

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006MCCRE2

Features:
- Internal 8 ventilated shelves provide air flow and allow water to drain
- High-quality, water-resistant, transparent PE covering with grid threading
- Roll-up zippered front door for quick and easy access to the inside, easy to set up with no extra tools
- Overall Dimensions: 56"L×30"W×78"H, Height between two tiers: 12.6", Shelf width: 11"
19 replies
Apr 3, 2021
11 posts
9 upvotes
My wife was thinking about getting something like this last week. Thanks!
Aug 26, 2019
263 posts
480 upvotes
Hmmm my son said he wants this to use for steaming and therapeutic purposes involving lavender, eucalyptus and other herbs...
Jan 23, 2007
157 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder when is the time to use it? Plants can not stand in winter, don't need it in summer, and we don't have spring!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1559 posts
806 upvotes
MB
I had one of these things and the wind will tip it over because it weighs almost nothing. You would have to put it against a fence or wall and have something in front of it to prevent it from blowing over.
Feb 14, 2006
863 posts
1004 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Perfect greenhouse to grow
Cannabis in outdoors. My bylaws require a greenhouse that's made of wood, aluminum, glass or plastic if growing outdoors. this will perfectly fit bill to satiate that idiotic rule.

Deals dead tho so that's disappointing
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3038 posts
4543 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
neware wrote: I wonder when is the time to use it? Plants can not stand in winter, don't need it in summer, and we don't have spring!
You can use this anytime of the year. Also somewhat untrue on the 'plants can not stand in winter'. If it is a mild winter you can still grow some edible plants. Case in point, in my experience in Toronto I've had romaine lettuce grow down to -12C in a 5gal bucket. Obviously at night time if you cover them with a dome and some plastic/cloth covering it will help them survive better. They will rebound back around mid-day when the plant warms up.

You can also put large plastic totes filled with rocks on the ground covering the bars on the ground which will hold the structure down from flying off. You can also throw some paracord over the top and hammer some stakes into the ground to keep the greenhouse in place. With 2 plastic totes you can paint them black so they absorb the heat from the sun during the day then release it at the night time to keep the greenhouse warm. Combine the plastic tote thermo mass with putting plastic bags over the plants you can extend the growing season by 1-2 months later in the season or 1-2 months earlier in the season.

During the summer you can still use it for heat loving plants with the greenhouse door open for ventilation. Plants like tomatos and peppers love the heat.

You can also build a small solar heater as well from pop cans in combination with your thermo mass totes. You can grow some winter greens probably down to -15C unless you have a hoop house which you can go lower in temps.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1184 posts
1456 upvotes
Ruciz wrote: Perfect greenhouse to grow
Cannabis in outdoors. My bylaws require a greenhouse that's made of wood, aluminum, glass or plastic if growing outdoors. this will perfectly fit bill to satiate that idiotic rule.

Deals dead tho so that's disappointing
I just bought it. $45. Are you sure you entered the coupon correctly? 89OWP7XY
Oct 31, 2012
58 posts
174 upvotes
Nova Scotia
LuminatX wrote: Very bad. even weighted down, I've seen photos of them collapsing.
I had this same one (well, it was about 2x the size, but same brand).

First decent windstorm...I ended up picking up pieces of it on the other side of street at 1AM.
I wouldn't trust it with anything over 40-50km/h winds. My backyard has a 6' fence, and it cleared it.
Last edited by handovdoom on Jul 25th, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2006
863 posts
1004 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
xtrmDeals wrote:
I just bought it. $45. Are you sure you entered the coupon correctly? 89OWP7XY
Said item currently unavailable. Maybe restocked? Thanks for heads up

See that all buying options appeared, but item fails to add to cart. Aosom canada sold and shipped by @ $79.99
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11119 posts
5236 upvotes
derweissewolf wrote: Hmmm my son said he wants this to use for steaming and therapeutic purposes involving lavender, eucalyptus and other herbs...
Right there is what he wants it for. Plants of another type haha.

But wife wanted one of these also. We had a bigger green house here when we bought the house 15 years ago but apparently there wasnt a proper permit and well our mortgage took care of it but we had to get rid of it so this be nice little downgrade but its something.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7808 posts
3802 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
handovdoom wrote: I had this same one (well, it was about 2x the size, but same brand).

First decent windstorm...I ended up picking up pieces of it on the other side of street at 1AM.
I wouldn't trust it with anything over 40-50km/h winds. My backyard has a 6' fence, and it cleared it.
Did your plant inside this thing survived the wind storm?
To be honest, it sounds quite useless. It is super windy quite often these days. I don't want to pickup pieces of my plants on the other side of the street.....
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Oct 31, 2012
58 posts
174 upvotes
Nova Scotia
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Did your plant inside this thing survived the wind storm?
To be honest, it sounds quite useless. It is super windy quite often these days. I don't want to pickup pieces of my plants on the other side of the street.....
Fortunately it was early Spring and nothing was in it except some soil / mulch / pots.
If there were plants in it, they would have been destroyed for sure.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1898 posts
773 upvotes
White Rock
promo code 89OWP7XY did not work.
The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase.
Banned
Jul 25, 2021
1 posts
I already ordered. We can walk inside it without bending over so that is awesome and lots of room for our plants that cannot handle any inclement weather.