• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 7:48 pm
[OP]
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1315 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Overture 3D Red PETG 1.75 Filament for 3D Printer $12.14

Not sure about the brand but the price is great. It's listed as $39.99 which looks inflated, but is currently on sale for $16.14 with a $4.00 off coupon to bring it down to $12.14 fulfilled by Amazon so no tax. A few other colours available for a bit more. Also noticed you can keep getting new coupons so you can get multiple rolls.
【1 kg PETG Spool x 1 & Build Surface x 1】-- Each PETG spool comes with 1 piece of quality 200 × 200 mm / 7.88’’ × 7.88’’ build surface to support Overture filaments. Grid layout on the surface for easy resizing
【Clog-free & Bubble-Free】-- Designed and Manufactured with Clog-Free patent to guarantee a smooth and stable printing experience. Complete drying for 24 hours before vacuum aluminum foil packaging, which can effectively protect the PETG filament from moisture. As the PETG material is sensitive to moisture, please remember to put it back into the re-sealable aluminum foil bag timely after using to maintain excellent printing result
【Less- tangle and Easy to Use】-- Full mechanical winding and strict manual examination, which guarantee the PETG filaments tidy and easy to be fed; Larger spool inner diameter design makes feeding smoother
【Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency】 -- Advanced CCD diameter measuring and self-adaptive control system in the manufacturing guarantee these PLA filaments of 1.75 mm diameter, dimensional accuracy + / - .05 mm; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
【Cost-effective and Wide Compatibility】 -- With over 8 years’ 3D filaments R & D experience, thousands tons of filaments output every month, Overture is capable of manufacturing all kinds of filaments in large scale with premium quality, which contribute to Overture filament cost-effective and reliable for most common 3D printers, such as MK3, Ender 3, Monoprice FlashForge and more

UPDATE: Coupons are gone but red filament is still available for $16.14. Gray, black and transparent at $17.84 which is still a great price for PETG filament.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 19th, 2019 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed link
53 replies
Jul 22, 2004
994 posts
372 upvotes
Montreal
I usually calculate my parts prices at $20 / kg, so this is a good price, especially no taxes, makes it almost 50% off normal prices.
Unfortunately only red is at that price.
May 15, 2015
57 posts
60 upvotes
Guelph, ON
I recently purchased Overture Black PLA, I'm about 1/3 of the way through the spool and so far it's been very good, no issues. I like the way they have all the pertinent information nicely labeled on the spool. It also came with a bonus build surface but I'll likely never use it as I print onto a pie surface. If I needed red PETG I'd be all over this.
Nov 30, 2015
86 posts
54 upvotes
BC
Kynax wrote: I usually calculate my parts prices at $20 / kg, so this is a good price, especially no taxes, makes it almost 50% off normal prices.
Unfortunately only red is at that price.
I just bought the transparent one for $13.84....I know, $1.70 more expensive than the red one! For some, that is a fortune.

Thanks OP!
Mar 20, 2016
433 posts
382 upvotes
Vancouver
The last red PETG I bought was more of a bright orange. I don't see any user reviews so hard to tell if this is the same or not.

Good price though.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2471 posts
530 upvotes
I'm new to all of this and just ordered a 3D pen to try out. Would this filament work with that?
[OP]
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1315 upvotes
pswart wrote: I'm new to all of this and just ordered a 3D pen to try out. Would this filament work with that?
Not sure if your 3D pen can get hot enough for this. You'll need it at around 240-250 degrees for PETG
Jan 19, 2008
475 posts
294 upvotes
pswart wrote: I'm new to all of this and just ordered a 3D pen to try out. Would this filament work with that?
No.
Dec 27, 2008
367 posts
229 upvotes
I don't know about PETG but Overture's PLA has been good for me, and the build surface is a nice bonus for my printer. Even at $20 I was satisfied
Jan 14, 2007
3 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I've always used PLA instead of PETG, since PETG is a little trickier to work with on an Ender 3. But, at this price I'm willing to take a chance and experiment.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4770 posts
2831 upvotes
What are people’s printing conditions with PETG? Is your 3D printer enclosed?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1021 posts
976 upvotes
So what do you guys print with these? Anyone want to share ideas?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15682 posts
16838 upvotes
Oakville
indeals wrote: So what do you guys print with these? Anyone want to share ideas?
https://www.thingiverse.com/
Anything from toys and puzzles, to practical items like custom brackets/holders or to recreate broken parts or toys. They're pretty popular for people who like figurines (DnD) or for making cosplay stuff.
Industrially they're used for rapid prototyping or building repeatable fixture parts. Even metal 3D printing is getting to the point where it's affordable for small shops.
I've fixed many items with 3D printed parts.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7094 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
I want to buy multiple spools of red and black at once, but the coupon is only applied to one spool and not for the rest, anyone know how I can get the discount for each spool?

I used the grey PETG version of ths brand before, no problems with quality.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Sep 29, 2010
89 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
toalan wrote: I want to buy multiple spools of red and black at once, but the coupon is only applied to one spool and not for the rest

Create multiple orders, let's you add the coupon each time.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4770 posts
2831 upvotes
indeals wrote: So what do you guys print with these? Anyone want to share ideas?
I’m not sure if you’re asking specifically what to print with red PETG filament or any filament in general. But, here’s a couple of my prints I did.

The Mandolorian and baby Yoda for a Christmas gift:

For Halloween, I 3D printed a Jason Voorhees mask.

Also, I created a Lithophane of my dog which I’m very happy with!
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Aug 25, 2013
324 posts
357 upvotes
Have their PLA, it's good. But the build surface that comes as a bonus is useless. Couldn't detach my prints from it and would end up breaking when taking them off. Throw it out.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15682 posts
16838 upvotes
Oakville
Sejad wrote: I’m not sure if you’re asking specifically what to print with red PETG filament or any filament in general. But, here’s a couple of my prints I did.

The Mandolorian and baby Yoda for a Christmas gift:

For Halloween, I 3D printed a Jason Voorhees mask.

Also, I created a Lithophane of my dog which I’m very happy with!
lol, I also created baby yoda gifts before they existed :)
Nov 30, 2015
86 posts
54 upvotes
BC
Sejad wrote: What are people’s printing conditions with PETG? Is your 3D printer enclosed?
it does not need enclosure since petg does not warp like abs or nylon. Besides, it comes with a print surface which should stick well to it.
For the enclosure, in my case since i live in a tiny shoebox, I personally prefer an enclosed area and exhaust fumes outside with ANY of the materials, no matter what the manufacturer says about 'no fumes' or being very safe for printing.