Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

OXO Covered Ice Cube Tray (2 pack) (Add-On) $9.79

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 7:28 pm
Jan 23, 2007
108 posts
127 upvotes
East Saint Paul
I had bought the OXO no spill silicon ice tray a few months back and have never tasted freezer burn or anything weird in the cubes. It works flawlessly and leaves a small foot print in the freezer when it's on it's side.
My only gripe with these in comparison to the regular cheapo white trays is that the ice cube sizes are quite thin. If they were 33% thicker it would be perfect.
Oct 10, 2018
48 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
Not sure if I’m the only one, but I just bought a set. Thanks, OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
holyspectral wrote: Not sure if I’m the only one, but I just bought a set. Thanks, OP!
Bought a set without even reading through the thread. 5 minutes later, I had a good read and a few good laughs.
May 5, 2006
991 posts
474 upvotes
Thanks, purchased for kicks. I have the silicone ones which seal perfectly but I can taste the slight freezer burn taste in the ice melt. Not a prob for pop or smoothies but... definitely taste it in water.
Dec 26, 2017
260 posts
374 upvotes
I didn’t bother reading the whole thread but I bought silicone bottom covered ice trays from primecables for $2ea and they work great, I wouldn’t spend much more on ice cube trays. Silicone bottoms work well to put out cubes with ease.
Edit - I see they’re about $8 for a pair now on living.ca but wait for a sale
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, On
Mine just arrived much bigger than I thought it would be. Can't wait to try it out
Mar 20, 2009
32 posts
12 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Showing unavailable right now. Deal dead?
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
224 upvotes
Do your drinks a favour and yourself and get large ones such as these Tovolo https://www.amazon.ca/Tovolo-King-Cube- ... B01LWRQIY3

Larger surface area allows your drink to stay colder or if you are really serious about ice then get a small Coleman insulated cooler, fill with water and put in the freezer. In a day or two you will have an ice block with all impurities at the top and the bottom will be crystal clear, cut up as needed for any desired size and enjoy truly solid and crystal clear ice that melts every so slowly on a hot day.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, On
keddie2 wrote: Do your drinks a favour and yourself and get large ones such as these Tovolo https://www.amazon.ca/Tovolo-King-Cube- ... B01LWRQIY3

Larger surface area allows your drink to stay colder or if you are really serious about ice then get a small Coleman insulated cooler, fill with water and put in the freezer. In a day or two you will have an ice block with all impurities at the top and the bottom will be crystal clear, cut up as needed for any desired size and enjoy truly solid and crystal clear ice that melts every so slowly on a hot day.
actually 4 smaller cubes will give you more surface area than one large cube. That's why crushed ice is so effective.

E: Wait.. did I miss sarcasm?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
wolfkin wrote: Mine just arrived much bigger than I thought it would be. Can't wait to try it out
Mine too, and man are they massive, I probably should have looked up the dimensions of these before buying...
May 28, 2004
560 posts
469 upvotes
Different purposes. Larger single cube is good because the ice melts slower and dilutes the drink slower.

Smaller cubes are good to cool the drink quicker.
wolfkin wrote: actually 4 smaller cubes will give you more surface area than one large cube. That's why crushed ice is so effective.

E: Wait.. did I miss sarcasm?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, On
Eluder wrote: Mine too, and man are they massive, I probably should have looked up the dimensions of these before buying...
Thank you! my sister tried to tell me they were "normal sized" but no, they're pretty beefy. Not that I'm unhappy with it. So far I'm actually pretty darn pleased with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
wolfkin wrote: Thank you! my sister tried to tell me they were "normal sized" but no, they're pretty beefy. Not that I'm unhappy with it. So far I'm actually pretty darn pleased with it.
Ya, same here, even though I was concerned with the size after receiving them, having used them now, they're actually pretty good...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)