Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

OXO Good Grips Grilling Tool Rest - $13.59 (All Time Low)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2022 10:27 am
47 replies
Jul 13, 2016
320 posts
685 upvotes
My tongs have a little clip so I just set them on a plate
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2639 posts
1438 upvotes
YVR
Definitely going to have a lot more resistance from the RFD wives to order this one on a whim I think.
Zoomer Boomer
Sep 1, 2008
508 posts
1126 upvotes
Just use a small plate. It'll be easier to wash, and you'll have plenty of backups when one needs a wash.
Aug 22, 2012
512 posts
575 upvotes
I bought the OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee July 30th of last year for 5.99, and have used it zero times. Maybe I'll use it once on my car windows during the annual deep clean soon

Passed on the mini brush and dust pan combo today. Only 6.50, but I couldn't think of one time I wouldn't just grab my $99 cordless vacuum (also courtesy of RFD) instead of using that kit

Yet I'm still considering buying this. We did buy a BBQ this year that's getting use, but I just use a plate or put the utensils slightly off the edge to not dirty the edge of the BBQ. Do I really want to spend 13.59 on a silicone mat?
Aug 18, 2013
409 posts
566 upvotes
Bought this last year for 13.99 on Shopperplus when it was their regular price. Great item to have when i DO remember to use it.. haha... same goes for my apron
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1206 posts
1713 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Enforcer22 wrote: I bought the OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee July 30th of last year for 5.99, and have used it zero times. Maybe I'll use it once on my car windows during the annual deep clean soon

Passed on the mini brush and dust pan combo today. Only 6.50, but I couldn't think of one time I wouldn't just grab my $99 cordless vacuum (also courtesy of RFD) instead of using that kit

Yet I'm still considering buying this. We did buy a BBQ this year that's getting use, but I just use a plate or put the utensils slightly off the edge to not dirty the edge of the BBQ. Do I really want to spend 13.59 on a silicone mat?
Silicone cooking mat (think cookies in oven) like $2 on sale at CT ($6 full price) then a dollar store or ikea cutting board ($3). So $5 maybe? Plus you get 2 otherwise usable items for when you're not grilling compared to the specific mat. Kind of like plates..
Jul 29, 2019
55 posts
61 upvotes
I've never felt the need to spend 13.59$ on a piece of rubber, more so than now... good grips, more like good grief!
Jan 2, 2019
87 posts
262 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Passed on the mini brush and dust pan combo today. Only 6.50, but I couldn't think of one time I wouldn't just grab my $99 cordless vacuum (also courtesy of RFD) instead of using that kit.
Broken glass. That’s why I got it, it was the first scenario where I didn’t want to use my vacuum instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2418 posts
2653 upvotes
Toronto, ON
why do you need this Face With Tears Of Joy
doesn't a small plate work like the same
Aug 5, 2019
149 posts
332 upvotes
Not sure, if its needed after all these skip/ubereats/Doordash deals
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1821 posts
1364 upvotes
Vancouver
soupmaster666 wrote: My tongs have a little clip so I just set them on a plate
The Japanese tongs take it to the next level and are designed to not touch the table when you put them down. Pretty neat!

Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1039 posts
906 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Insert but why meme here
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Aug 27, 2013
632 posts
383 upvotes
cloud
cgg123321 wrote: The Japanese tongs take it to the next level and are designed to not touch the table when you put them down. Pretty neat!

That small tongs aren't gonna work too well on a piece of meat over a hot BBQ...

I appreciate the design, but it's for a different use case.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1821 posts
1364 upvotes
Vancouver
cmchiu wrote: That small tongs aren't gonna work too well on a piece of meat over a hot BBQ...

I appreciate the design, but it's for a different use case.
Yes that's true, I use those for Japanese/Korean BBQ which has much more manageable slices
Mar 18, 2008
372 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
The OXO gang adding this to RFD collection
Feb 9, 2020
68 posts
53 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: I bought the OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Squeegee July 30th of last year for 5.99, and have used it zero times. Maybe I'll use it once on my car windows during the annual deep clean soon

That squeegee is great for leaving in the shower, if you have glass shower doors. keeps them looking clean if you spend 20 seconds running it down the inside of the glass every shower.
May 17, 2017
978 posts
2384 upvotes
I'm a simple man.....I see OXO.....I upvote
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4129 posts
672 upvotes
Pickering, ON
For a while, I was considering getting this too. But lately, I've just been taking out an entire half sheet pan (18"x13") with everything I need (BBQ tools, oil, paper towel, food) and wash it after.

And this comes from someone with quite the Oxo collection, including the BBQ tongs/spatula set.