• Nov 30th, 2021 12:22 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1575 posts
1427 upvotes
Québec Gold

[Amazon.ca] PALMOLIVE Dish Soap, 828ml, Pack of 4

Price vary from variation available, I believe lowest then going to dollarama? Time to stock up

Deal of the day: Palmolive Ultra Liquid Dish Soap, Soft Touch Coconut butter and Orchid Scent, 591 ml, Pack Of 4
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08WB7Q1DF/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

($7.04) Palmolive Essential Clean Liquid Dish Soap, Orange Tangerine, 828ml, Pack of 4
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08VR4HKH8/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

($2.97) Palmolive Ultra Spray Away, Dish Soap Spray, 500 ml. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08P3GBLNN/ref ... 07NR6T9HBT

You might want to give this a try DIY
Last edited by yolomolo on Nov 30th, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Aug 9, 2010
476 posts
380 upvotes
Palmolive is terrible IMO. I bought that gallon or so jug from Costco years ago and I think I may have given it away. Dawn for me!
Feb 16, 2010
846 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
Nemrod wrote: Palmolive is terrible IMO. I bought that gallon or so jug from Costco years ago and I think I may have given it away. Dawn for me!
Oh, I generally always use Palmolive. I also bought the jug from Costco and use it all the time when I hand-wash the dishes.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2439 posts
2788 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I just buy whatevers on sale. They all do the same things, if your dishes aren't clean you probably don't know how to wash dishes.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Sep 4, 2014
685 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So much plastic... Here is a thought, buy bulk from groceries/pharmacies that have a tap. Support local businesses and reduce your footprint. Food for thought. I'm just saying :)
May 10, 2021
31 posts
213 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: I just buy whatevers on sale. They all do the same things, if your dishes aren't clean you probably don't know how to wash dishes.
Who in the world gatekeeps washing dishes Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 9, 2010
476 posts
380 upvotes
Indubitably wrote: Oh, I generally always use Palmolive. I also bought the jug from Costco and use it all the time when I hand-wash the dishes.
blackbirdman wrote: I just buy whatevers on sale. They all do the same things, if your dishes aren't clean you probably don't know how to wash dishes.
I've only ever used the Palmolive from Costco, but in my experience, compared to Dawn, it's less concentrated, doesn't smell as good and isn't as strong (it doesn't work as well). So you need more of it to do the job and it's not as...enjoyable.

I'll stick to Dawn. Some things are worth spending a bit more on, and to me this is one of them.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2589 posts
1463 upvotes
Moon
ebpodeals wrote: Who in the world gatekeeps washing dishes Face With Tears Of Joy
Moms, dads and the inlaws LOL
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
May 25, 2014
19 posts
17 upvotes
Ajax, ON
jojothejoker wrote: So much plastic... Here is a thought, buy bulk from groceries/pharmacies that have a tap. Support local businesses and reduce your footprint. Food for thought. I'm just saying :)
Didn't know this was a thing yet. Do you know of any stores that do this in the eastern GTA?
Feb 9, 2017
137 posts
179 upvotes
Dawn > Palmolive > Sunlight > No name

Depending on your load but to use less soap: Put some (1 tbsp) in a bowl (a bowl that's you're gonna wash anyway), dilute it with a cup of water. Then use that mixture for the entire load.

Don't put detergent directly into the sponge as this practice is very wasteful.

Using the above technique, it will be very evident that No name detergents don't do very well at all.
Aug 9, 2010
476 posts
380 upvotes
dodgybackhand wrote: Dawn > Palmolive > Sunlight > No name

Depending on your load but to use less soap: Put some (1 tbsp) in a bowl (a bowl that's you're gonna wash anyway), dilute it with a cup of water. Then use that mixture for the entire load.

Don't put detergent directly into the sponge as this practice is very wasteful.

Using the above technique, it will be very evident that No name detergents don't do very well at all.
Ah, yes, and everyone has a different technique. I toss all my dishes in the sink, load it up with water and add maybe a few tsp of soap. That way the dishes have time to soak and loosen up the food, so cleaning them is easier. I also find the dishes come out cleaner.

Years ago I had a roommate that lived off greasy food. He had a deep fryer he used probably daily. He used the soap filled sponge method (as opposed to the sink filled with soapy water method) to do the dishes and I found the dishes always had a greasy residue left. I used the soapy sink water method and everything came out squeaky clean.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1978 posts
2478 upvotes
Nemrod wrote: Ah, yes, and everyone has a different technique. I toss all my dishes in the sink, load it up with water and add maybe a few tsp of soap. That way the dishes have time to soak and loosen up the food, so cleaning them is easier. I also find the dishes come out cleaner.

Years ago I had a roommate that lived off greasy food. He had a deep fryer he used probably daily. He used the soap filled sponge method (as opposed to the sink filled with soapy water method) to do the dishes and I found the dishes always had a greasy residue left. I used the soapy sink water method and everything came out squeaky clean.
This reminds me of a friend who did that. Double sink in kitchen. He loaded it up everyday with water/dishes and let it sit there, morning to night. One day he came home, the sink fell through the countertop I guess cuz of the weight everyday.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10240 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
jojothejoker wrote: So much plastic... Here is a thought, buy bulk from groceries/pharmacies that have a tap. Support local businesses and reduce your footprint. Food for thought. I'm just saying :)
Happy to do this...but never heard of it
Apr 22, 2017
151 posts
174 upvotes
Dawn use to be my go to . But I notice it makes my hands super dry Palmolive doesn’t
Nov 29, 2013
483 posts
806 upvotes
TORONTO
Oddjob87 wrote: Dawn use to be my go to . But I notice it makes my hands super dry Palmolive doesn’t
Sep 12, 2012
781 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Did you know that a half load in a dishwasher uses less water than hand washing dishes? Also something to think about when washing dishes Winking Face
May 17, 2011
634 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
Nemrod wrote: Palmolive is terrible IMO. I bought that gallon or so jug from Costco years ago and I think I may have given it away. Dawn for me!
The jug is not concentrated, so it's not really a fair comparison. We used to use the jug but went to a dispenser and the unconcentrated was too liquidy for it. Palmolive is my preference (I stocked up about 2 years ago at $1 sale and No Frills) but we'll buy Dawn when it's on coupon at Costco.
Anything other than Sunlight, that brand ruins my hands.