Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Patriot 128GB MicroSD 5 Pack CDN$ 39.57 Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2018 11:14 am
Jan 4, 2011
184 posts
902 upvotes
BC

Patriot 128GB MicroSD 5 Pack CDN$ 39.57 Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
86% off
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
Patriot Memory PSF128GMCSD5PK LX Series 128GB MicroSDXC-Class 10 UHS-1, 5 Pack
5-Pack
  1. Up to 70MB/s read, up to 20MB/s write in UHS-I mode
  2. Class 10, UHS-1 performance allows fast and smooth continuous shooting, multiple frames per second and full HD video capture
  3. Fast performance minimizes photo and video transfer times to your computer
  4. Durable and ultra-reliable: magnet proof, shock proof, temperature proof, and waterproof

This is for a pack of 5. Normally this is the retail price for a single 128GB microSD, so it's either a pricing error, or clearance, or a hot deal =)

Patriot isn't the best flash memory supplier, but i have other Patriot cards and flash drives and they've worked fine. I've had to RMA a microSD card with them once and it was painless, aside from the fact that they don't allow you to physically destroy the card if you want to send it in for RMA - which means that they may be able to read your data. Sandisk does allow this under approved RMA in some cases.

Not Prime eligible but came up as Free shipping,

Ships from and sold by PremiumSuppliers, not Amazon, but seller has 88% positive in the last 12 months (2471 ratings) and is based in ON.

Product itself has 67% positive reviews, but quite a few posts describing the usual microsd flash failures (won't read, needs reformatting, etc.) so i'm not sure i would trust this with anything critical.

Last edited by yvr92x on Oct 6th, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn. Not fulfilled by Amazon so returns will be hard if its a fake card.
-
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yvr92x wrote: Normally this is the retail price for a single 128GB microSD, so it's either a pricing error, or clearance, or a hot deal =)
or fake...
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3747 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
blackston3 wrote: or fake...
You know what they say when something is too good to be true...
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ZipSpeed wrote: You know what they say when something is too good to be true...
Well on RFD, they say: "Buy Now, Think Later!!!"
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
haha their all gone. Enjoy getting boned on the fake cards.
---
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3367 upvotes
I wouldn't touch Patriot cards anyways. Their brand is the only one of many I've owned that had the SD card controller die on me, then pretty much 80% of their SD converter shells fell apart months after I lightly used the cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
badOne wrote: I wouldn't touch Patriot cards anyways. Their brand is the only one of many I've owned that had the SD card controller die on me, then pretty much 80% of their SD converter shells fell apart months after I lightly used the cards.
I've had a Samsung just stop writing on me. I returned it under warranty and they just sent me a cheque for the cost of the card lmao bought a SanDisk instead. They're the most reliable.
Apr 7, 2015
835 posts
853 upvotes
Vancouver Island
cats_on_burners wrote: What's the best way to test if a memory card is fake?
1. Test for speed: Do a write test to check if the speeds match those posted by review sites.
2. Test for capacity: Copy files totaling slightly under the rated capacity.
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
Definitely fake. Remember old days 32GB USB thumb driver for the price of 2G? It ended up it's 1G inside and they changed board info to made it "looks like" 32G.

Too good to be true, it's not true.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
Patriot is imo the best flash memory manufacturer, and if there was even a 50% chance these were real I would buy them...alas.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mumbles wrote: lmao bought a SanDisk instead. They're the most reliable.
Not really. My 64gb SanDisk Ultra from Costco just crapped out 2 weeks ago in under a year since purchased.

It won't delete any files and has about 2gb left of free space. It's not in lock protection too. Tried formatting in two different computers, using two different microSD to SD adapters and still all files are on it, wouldn't delete. Emailed SanDisk and they want me to return/mail it to them with all my personal files still on it...

An RFDer recommended electrically shorting the card and rendering it useless

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)