Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Pentel Energel Style/Philography Gel Pen With Sky Blue Barrel $12.65 (Historical Low on Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 3:33 pm
[OP]
Apr 17, 2009
93 posts
118 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Pentel Energel Style/Philography Gel Pen With Sky Blue Barrel $12.65 (Historical Low on Amazon)

Historical low according to CCC. You can save an additional 5% through subscribe and save.

The ASIN/model number on this one is different from the main one that sell for over $25. From what I can tell, the only difference is the packaging with this one including a gift box. The sky blue colour is darker in person than it appears in the pictures. The Black and Silver barrels are also on sale for $17.97.

I've owned the silver barrel for about a year and it's a great EDC pen with an all metal (brass) body. A nice step up from the Pentel Energel Alloy. You can use other refills in it if that's your preference. JetPens has it listed as being compatible with 167 different pen refills (Link here). I personally usually use Pentel Energel 0.7mm or Uni-ball Signo 207 0.38mm. Uni-ball Jetstream refills are also fairly popular.

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00N0JZ6KW/

Written Review: https://www.penaddict.com/blog/2017/6/1 ... pen-review

Video Review:
Last edited by michaely on Jul 11th, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Aug 13, 2019
65 posts
56 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
I have one of those, they are definitely a nice pen. Don't care for the color on sale however, so wallet is safe. I would recommend Energel 0.5 mm refills with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2645 posts
1098 upvotes
Personally I don't think this pen barrel is worth $20 or $12. It's an ok deal based on MSRP but expensive for just a barrel, ludicrous for a gel pen.
Last edited by spiralspirit on Jul 11th, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 4, 2016
263 posts
364 upvotes
SpinifexV wrote: I have one of those, they are definitely a nice pen. Don't care for the color on sale however, so wallet is safe. I would recommend Energel 0.5 mm refills with it.
Is there any issue with the .5mm refills being sloppy at the tip?
Nov 26, 2003
104 posts
75 upvotes
Markham
Not in my experience. I love the 0.5mm and buy them when they go on sale on Amazon. The Energel refills fit the Zebra Sarasa Grand. I much prefer click pens to barrel rotation pens but the Philographer looks better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)