Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Petrainer PET998DB1 Dog Shock Collar Waterproof and Rechargeable 330 Yards Dog Training Collar with Vibration and Shock

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 7:10 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2005
370 posts
264 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Petrainer PET998DB1 Dog Shock Collar Waterproof and Rechargeable 330 Yards Dog Training Collar with Vibration and Shock

Great deal. The two packs were in stock for $14.99 but have sold out. Still have singles for 9.99, which is 74% off. Please make sure to read up on these collars before using them on a dog.
Last edited by twinstar on Dec 8th, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19692 posts
20145 upvotes
Richmond Hill
People actually use this.
Aug 24, 2015
540 posts
2152 upvotes
AB
A fun gift for the bedroom as well if you’re into that
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1346 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
Why on earth would anyone think shocking their dog is a humane way of training them when there are so many positive reinforcement methods that can be used instead?
R.I.P. Prodigy
Mar 16, 2008
392 posts
673 upvotes
theinfamous wrote: Why on earth would anyone think shocking their dog is a humane way of training them when there are so many positive reinforcement methods that can be used instead?
With 4 modes: static shock, vibration, beep and light
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1346 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
ChrisR wrote: With 4 modes: static shock, vibration, beep and light
I get there are different modes to the collar. I'm referring specifically to the shock function.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Mar 12, 2015
10 posts
10 upvotes
Enderby, BC
Thanks. Gag gift for my Xmas party. Betting at least 5 employees will be shocked by it.
Nov 18, 2016
45 posts
160 upvotes
Ontario
brave post OP, prepare for the downvotes from the uninformed. e-collars are a valuable tool in dog training if you know what you're doing but as we can already see in the thread, a portion of the general population watched Simpsons episodes in the 1990s and thinks we're all out here shocking santa's little helper into submission with 200 volts rather than redirecting our dog's attention with the tiniest static shock

honestly though I don't know that I would trust a $10 e-collar considering the gold standards are the E-Collar Technologies ET300 and the Garmin Delta series, both starting at like $200. personally ive got the garmin delta xc
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5115 posts
1253 upvotes
London
Spoonsy wrote: brave post OP, prepare for the downvotes from the uninformed. e-collars are a valuable tool in dog training if you know what you're doing but as we can already see in the thread, a portion of the general population watched Simpsons episodes in the 1990s and thinks we're all out here shocking santa's little helper into submission with 200 volts rather than redirecting our dog's attention with the tiniest static shock

honestly though I don't know that I would trust a $10 e-collar considering the gold standards are the E-Collar Technologies ET300 and the Garmin Delta series, both starting at like $200. personally ive got the garmin delta xc
Well said. These would be illegal if these were actually as bad as people are making it out to be, but it’s not. I have tried it on my neck before and it’s not like a shock at all and more annoying than painful. I use The Educator because a trainer recommended it to me. The funny thing is, this trainer runs a “positive reinforcement” dog training school, but in private, he uses these to train his own personal dogs and dogs in obedience competitions. A lot of other “positive reinforcement” trainers in my city use prong collars and e-collars as well.

Not every dog responds to positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement doesn’t work when my dog is chasing after a bunny/squirrel. Her prey drive kicks in and she couldn’t care less about getting a treat or praise from me. The pros far outweigh the cons. Her safety and obedience is way more important to me than trying to avoid giving her a harmless tiny little sensation on her neck that lasts a couple of seconds and goes away immediately.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3607 posts
2292 upvotes
Airdrie
ZuesArete wrote: is this... animal abuse?
No.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Sep 1, 2008
562 posts
1327 upvotes
theinfamous wrote: Why on earth would anyone think shocking their dog is a humane way of training them when there are so many positive reinforcement methods that can be used instead?
Try teaching your dog not to eat dangerous/dirty stuffs when you're not around. Smart dogs know to act differently.

Honestly, I've tried different dog collars on myself before putting on my dog, and I'd rather get the shock collar. Lasts 1 sec, no tissue damage compared to the others.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3607 posts
2292 upvotes
Airdrie
Badder wrote: I've tried different dog collars on myself , and I'd rather get the shock collar.
Keep that stuff at home buddy, this is a family forum.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
May 3, 2021
103 posts
215 upvotes
Halifax
Can I connect it to Alexa to wake me up 🤣🤣