Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Philips 34" curved monitor 346E2CUAE - $504 (Reg $600)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2022 1:51 pm
Oct 20, 2018
470 posts
509 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Philips 34" curved monitor 346E2CUAE - $504 (Reg $600)

QHD 3440 x 1440 pixels
VA display
300 cd/m²
1ms (MPRT) fast response
100hz
USB-C cable --> no upstream, you can't connect your keyboard in your monitor :(
(the be precise, if you connect your laptop with usb-c cable AND usba/3, you probably can connect your keyboard to the monitor).
Regular price 600$ (which is already a good price, almost pulled the trigger last week at full price!), sale price 504$. (CCC says lower price ever is 520$)
4,3/5 out of 137 reviews

NOTE :
The choice of a 34 monitor with usb-c port is close to 0 (ok, it's like 3-4) but none of them is either sell at good price or have full charging capability (I've seen 15 watts!!?), or have a good docking. Anyway, I just ordered it after much debating of which monitor to buy to replace my broken Dell u3818dw.
Thread Summary
Looking to upgrade your display? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming monitors!
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
I am kind of confused by OPs comments. So you can do video and charging over USB but no data for keyboard/mouse etc?

On the official website it says: This Philips display features a USB type-C connector with power delivery. With intelligent and flexible power management, you can power charge your compatible device directly. Its slim, reversible USB-C allows for easy, one-cable connection. You can watch high resolution video and transfer data at a super-speed, while powering up and re-charging your compatible device at the same time.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/346E2CU ... l-benefits
Last edited by fatestkid on May 3rd, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
I love 16:10 aspect ratio so wanted to get the Dell 3821 (3840×1600) but it's so cost prohibitive. Currently making do with two 24" 16:10 monitors with one landscape and one portrait. Hopefully we will see cheaper 3840×1600 monitors in the future.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Oct 20, 2018
470 posts
509 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: I am kind of confused by OPs comments. So you can do video and charging over USB but no data for keyboard/mouse etc?
Exactly,
A comment from Amazon:

« As a few of the reviews mentioned, the usb-c port does not carry USB data, such as USB drivers, keyboard and mouse, in order for the USB devices that are connected to the monitor work, you mush connect a USB cable from your computer to the USB upstream port on the monitor, however, there is only one upstream port, so you are unable to connect two computers at the same time, sharing the mouse and keyboard you connected to the monitor and switch between them. »
Oct 20, 2018
470 posts
509 upvotes
I got it today. From the 30 min I tested it, seems ok. I don’t want to review it to much since I didn’t have time to fully tested it, but it connected ok with my Mac mini m1, and also to my mbpro 14, both over usb-c, at 100 hz.

And connecting a second cable (usba/3) to the monitor I was able to use the 4 usb-a port on it.

Image seems on par with my dell u3818 at 1500$, but I couldn’t test it side by side so a bit hard to tell.
Jan 7, 2006
762 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
@flood4 are you having any issues with PBP (the split screen thing)? It works fine or me with an intel MBP with usb C and HDMI on a dongle, but if I try to use a PC with HDMI and display port it's like a battle with the HBP source/swap options in the monitor menu. Sometimes it mirrors (both HDMI or display port) or I need to mess around in the display settings on the PC. The PC works fine doing dual 4k display with 2 physical monitors so I know it can do over 1720x1440.

Otherwise, this monitor is great, hoping there's some fix/workaround to this PBP problem.
Oct 20, 2018
470 posts
509 upvotes
I think you are talking about projecting the image of 2 different computers at the same time on this monitor.

Never done that.
Jan 7, 2006
762 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
flood4 wrote: I think you are talking about projecting the image of 2 different computers at the same time on this monitor.

Never done that.
2 different computers using split screen (PBP) works great,the problem is when I use the one computer and try to use the Phillips as dual screen using HDMI and DP.
Oct 20, 2018
470 posts
509 upvotes
Kevin711 wrote: 2 different computers using split screen (PBP) works great,the problem is when I use the one computer and try to use the Phillips as dual screen using HDMI and DP.
Got it.
Why/when do you need to use this feature?
What is the advantage?
thanks
Jan 7, 2006
762 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
flood4 wrote: Got it.
Why/when do you need to use this feature?
What is the advantage?
thanks
For screen sharing over zoom/webex or the likes, using slightly lower res means I don't need to increase font size for the viewers. For productivity, I prefer having separate screens (or PBP in this case) to do side by side work (reading docs while working, comparing things, slacking off during meetings without looking away etc). I dislike the macos workspaces and their window tiling sucks imo compared to Windows/Ubuntu. Note: I primarily work on a work provided mbp.
Oct 20, 2018
470 posts
509 upvotes
Kevin711 wrote: For screen sharing over zoom/webex or the likes, using slightly lower res means I don't need to increase font size for the viewers. For productivity, I prefer having separate screens (or PBP in this case) to do side by side work (reading docs while working, comparing things, slacking off during meetings without looking away etc). I dislike the macos workspaces and their window tiling sucks imo compared to Windows/Ubuntu. Note: I primarily work on a work provided mbp.
Ok I understand.
I always share one app/tab when I'm screen sharing, not the whole screen.

As for the app management, I'm using https://folivora.ai/bettersnaptool which gives me a lot of options.
I mostly use snap area where I drag an app and it positions itself where I predefined it.