[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1362 posts
1656 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Philips 4300 Lattego $928.25 23% off

Amazon dynamic pricing strikes again!
Backordered to August 28.

I was able to buy this last week at a slightly cheaper price and, esthetically, it's a more beautiful machine. Personally, at this price, it's worth it over the Philips 3200 that was recently on sale for $799.

Unfortunately, the price will go up again once orders come in and expecting not a lot of people to take advantage of this deal.
Last edited by ca_gascon on Aug 4th, 2021 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for a new coffeemaker, check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best espresso machines!
58 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21069 posts
3765 upvotes
YUL
What does the 4300 do that the 3200 can't? I'm still wanting to wait and see $799 on the 3200 again after missing out last week.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6408 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: What does the 4300 do that the 3200 can't? I'm still wanting to wait and see $799 on the 3200 again after missing out last week.

There’s a comparison chart on the page, main difference from what I can see is user profiles and 3 extra drinks.
Nov 11, 2015
162 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
najibs wrote: What does the 4300 do that the 3200 can't? I'm still wanting to wait and see $799 on the 3200 again after missing out last week.
Depending on how much you want the 3200 I picked it up from the phillips website with the 15% off email coupon on sign up. Not quite the $799 deal but easier to get.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1362 posts
1656 upvotes
Having used a Saeco Intelia for years, even the 2200 is more than enough for me. I prefer the 4300 over the 3200 for the looks - stainless steel finish at the front & LCD screen versus black plastic & only LED indicators for the 3200. More drinks obviously but in reality I'll probably just be making macchiatos 99% of the time.

Bottom line: personal preference.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1627 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
is the motor same as 3100 model or difference?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1362 posts
1656 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: is the motor same as 3100 model or difference?
Yep I believe it's all the same. The only difference I believe are more automated drinks and the exterior finish. Also in the 4300, there's a dedicated option for warm milk while in the 3200 there's none but there's a workaround to do it.

I've seen the insides of the 3200/4300 and the brew group and machine engineering is essentially the same as my years-old Saeco Intelia. There will be slight improvements but the basic design hasn't changed much in years.
Jan 27, 2011
496 posts
288 upvotes
I'm debating between this machine vs. One of the Miele machines that go on sale at Costco quite often for $400-$900 more. Can someone please help me justify going with the 4300 vs. One of the lower-end Mieles.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5746 posts
2715 upvotes
Ancaster
Good price, but it kills me how Canadians are still getting reamed even though the dollar has appreciated. I'm working on setting up my place in Mainz and I paid just under 500 Euros including VAT and shipping for this same machine. Retailers need to stop screwing us over ffs or at least anchor our prices to a 3-year rolling exchange rate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1362 posts
1656 upvotes
hotsauce007 wrote: Can someone please help me justify going with the 4300 vs. One of the lower-end Mieles.
Can't comment on the Miele. But last month I happened to be in their Calgary warehouse and asked the staff about their espresso machines and their maintenance. He just shut me down and said it was expensive. End of story. Although I was pointing out at the pile of boxes of their high end machines.

From my experience with my Intelia over the years, it's super easy to maintain. I use cafiza to deep clean the brew group, Grindz for the grinder, and food-grade grease for lubrication. Parts are easily available on ebay or from your local espresso machine retailer. Been using Brita filtered water and citric acid for descaling. Only parts I've had to replace were the gaskets.

One thing that worries me about the newer machines are the more complicated electronics and how they're now made in Romania vs Italy.
unshavenyak wrote: Good price, but it kills me how Canadians are still getting reamed even though the dollar has appreciated. I'm working on setting up my place in Mainz and I paid just under 500 Euros including VAT and shipping for this same machine.
I was in Mainz a few years ago to watch FSV play from the standing-only terrace. Dropped a tear when they played YNWA. What an experience. Enjoyed it there more than in Frankfurt. Godspeed on your journey.

Anyway, damn you're right. These things are cheap in Europe. Haha
Screenshot_20210804-113215.png
Last edited by ca_gascon on Aug 4th, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 9, 2009
136 posts
93 upvotes
Brampton
I was lucky and got the 5400 as a fathers day gift from my wife, she paid about 1200.00 +tax for it on a similar amazon deal.

Since June 20th I have made over 300+ various drinks, for guests & family members. The one and only complaint I received was the amount of froth produced the milk based drinks yield a lot of froth. Other than that its a fantastic little machine, drinks come out hot, and taste very good. Maintaining it is also is very simple and easy.

I recommend this unit
Last edited by arejay on Aug 4th, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 18, 2017
743 posts
1474 upvotes
falkon57 wrote: General coffee/espresso machine tip, use distilled water.
That's very bad advice. You should NOT use distilled water in am Espresso machine, unless mixing with ThirdWave pouches or other stuff like that.
Feb 28, 2011
524 posts
1003 upvotes
ottawa
hotsauce007 wrote: I'm debating between this machine vs. One of the Miele machines that go on sale at Costco quite often for $400-$900 more. Can someone please help me justify going with the 4300 vs. One of the lower-end Mieles.
Not very difficult…
Ask yourself, can I make a good coffee from proportion 10g/35ml (max amount of coffee for Phillips machines/minimum amount of water than the machine can save). When normal espresso proportion is coffee to water g/ml 1X2-2.5.

And, to add to the pain of having so small max amount of coffee is that Phillips dropped SBS, stands for patented Saeco Brewing System that was pretty much magic wand for Saeco machines having small max amount of coffee. Basically, in plain words coffee doesn’t have enough time to extract when water flows through coffee grounds under pressure. SBS is designed to slow this flow.

I have had Saeco machines for many years and always used SBS cranked to maximum. Now, only couple of more expensive Phillips machines have SBS…. Why? Go figure.

As for Miele, it has max 15g of coffee and you can save any amount of water for your drink. I am not a fan of the cheapest model because of the small water container and, as such you will have to fill it up with water and empty the tray more often than CM6150.

Anyways, pick your fights.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3196 posts
1264 upvotes
Noticed this drop and it's a great deal!

Just wondering why the 5400 is not available on Amazon, that's the one I want.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3196 posts
1264 upvotes
Just to confirm, since this is not in stock, can we order it now and cancel before it's shipped without being charged?

Just in case I get another deal on the 5400...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1362 posts
1656 upvotes
Cech wrote: Just to confirm, since this is not in stock, can we order it now and cancel before it's shipped without being charged?
Absolutely! I've done it so many times.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2627 posts
1547 upvotes
Interesting timing. I just sent my 8-yr old Saeco for a grinder repair today, the same unit has had both the pump and heater replaced in recent years. I'll try this, and depending on the repair cost may go either route.

I'd love to hear an opinion on repair vs buy new. I have a Saeco Minuto from 2013.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1362 posts
1656 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: I'd love to hear an opinion on repair vs buy new. I have a Saeco Minuto from 2013.
If it's going to cost you $400+, buy a new machine.
If you're handy, repair it yourself.
If your current budget allows, buy a new machine.
If you broke... you broke.
Sep 4, 2014
33 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hotsauce007 wrote: I'm debating between this machine vs. One of the Miele machines that go on sale at Costco quite often for $400-$900 more. Can someone please help me justify going with the 4300 vs. One of the lower-end Mieles.
I have had both, had the 4200 and the Saeco Minuto at home and work and just purchased the Miele 5300 from Costco to replace the Minuto. While I won't get into the options (you can read the difference between the two) on a purely taste level the coffee/espresso/latte tastes better in my Miele, while the saeco is an easier machine to navigate, use and maintain.

While I have only recent experience with the 4200 and the Miele, I can vouche for the build quality of my old Minuto. It lasted us 6 years minimal maintaince (aside from the odd decalcifying). It is still fully operational but we needed a change so gave that to family and got the Miele.

Hope this helps.