Philips Airfryer, Avance Turbo Star, Digital, Black, $199

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2020 8:46 pm
12 replies
Sep 22, 2010
682 posts
857 upvotes
Victoria
I wonder how this compares to the Ninja ones? Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,
Cal.
Feb 1, 2004
873 posts
148 upvotes
Markham
calvados.boualrd wrote: I wonder how this compares to the Ninja ones? Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,
Cal.
I haven't tried the Ninja one but I have this exact model for few years now and it works wonder. Very easy to use. Consistent cooking and best of all, it's so easy to clean. Remove the tray which detachs in to pieces and just put them in the dishwasher.

I mainly use it for chicken wings and fries but have tried ribs. My sister whom I convinced to get one as well, used it to cook food such as bacon, sausage, wings, steak and even hard-boil eggs.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13923 posts
27752 upvotes
Is it the XL ? Can’t seem to find the capacity
Nov 26, 2014
16 posts
15 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I also have this one and it has been fantastic. It cooks in a fraction of the time of a stove or toaster oven with far less hassle and infinitely better results. Crispy outside, tender inside, completely even cooking. Next day pizza is great-- taste and texture is the same as fresh if you get your temps and times right. Awesome for a quick reheat, bacon, turbo nachos and about 1000 other things. If I could only have one small appliance, this would likely be it. Can't speak on other brands but this one has been good for us.
Aug 18, 2013
807 posts
701 upvotes
AB
can vouch for this air fryer, albeit havn't tried any others
Dec 16, 2006
600 posts
137 upvotes
Central Ontario
stephroll wrote: Is it the XL ? Can’t seem to find the capacity
I wondered the same so I looked around and found a review that says it it 2.8 quarts - so it's not one of the larger size fryers.
Dec 24, 2017
90 posts
23 upvotes
This is an amazing price, bought!!
Jun 27, 2013
240 posts
348 upvotes
Montr
stephroll wrote: Is it the XL ? Can’t seem to find the capacity
No, it's 0.8 kg model.
Waiting for the 1.4kg one.
Oct 12, 2010
290 posts
118 upvotes
Does this come with pre-set buttons for like fish, fries, etc or a cookbook? Also if you intent on using an air fryer like once a month, anyone know of a cheaper alternative? Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2860 posts
582 upvotes
This that much better than the Ninja at Costco for $60 or so? Know nothing about air fryers.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1457 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto
2 left in stock.

I have the larger version, but I love it. Easy to clean.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)