[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1215 posts
485 upvotes
Brandon

[Amazon.ca] Philips Fidelio X3 Wired Headphones $259.99

All new Philips Fidelio X3 with wide, natural soundstage and uncolored sound
50 mm multi-layer polymer (with dampening gel) diaphragms - delivers exquisitely detailed highs, full and smooth
Hi-Res Audio certified. Hear the full impact of every note when wired to a high-resolution source for a lifelike performance.
Open-back design.
Balanced and unbalanced inputs means it is ready for your favorite headphone amp or your everyday phone and mobile devices.
Detachable Balanced and Unbalanced 3 m oxygen-free cables included
3.5 – 6.3 mm adapter + cable clip are also included

This is one of Amazon's limited time deals. But wondering if this is a good deal for high end headphones?
8 replies
Jun 7, 2020
28 posts
39 upvotes
I have the X2's and I love them. They are huge though. Very comfy.
Jun 17, 2020
60 posts
194 upvotes
Thanks OP. I understand that this is a good deal but I decide to wait until Philips lowers the price further.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4824 posts
2289 upvotes
I bought these last fall. They are good, if you get them on sale. Comfort wise they are great. Can't wear them all day like QC35 but they are fine for hours, they do get pretty warm. They are similar in comfort to the DT 770 Pro. Compared the the HD 600 the ear cups are more comfortable but the headband on the HD 600 is better imho. Sound wise they are somewhere between the DT 770 Pro and HD 600, which is to say they are very good. At the sale price they are an excellent value, at regular price there are better options.

I find myself still mostly using the HD 600 or my QC35 (if mobile) but the X3 is a great option, especially if you are looking for something easy to drive. Without a headphone amp the HD 600 is not great but the X3 sounds great on their own. If you want an open headset that is easy to drive then these are a great choice but I think the headband won't be for everyone. I really don't use my DT 770 much anymore because I prefer open headphones now unless I want ANC but if you want to explore closed back than consider those too.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3204 posts
3145 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Very comfortable I love them for watching movies.
Dec 8, 2019
148 posts
235 upvotes
Got them when they were in sale last fall too - they’re pretty great
Nov 22, 2019
94 posts
94 upvotes
MB
Guys i have the x2hr which is basically the same as x2. I did a lot of research before buying it. I read a lot of feedback saying that the x3 was a letdown after the x2s in terms of quality. This is from like audiophiles’ feedback. I’m not an audiophile so i’m not sure i’d even notice. I was only searching for x2s feedback and came across this, so you may want to do your own research for it. Again, these were feedbacks from audiophiles’ forums.