[Amazon.ca] Philips Hairclipper Series 7000 - $49.96

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 11:59 pm
[OP]
Oct 6, 2020
15 posts
52 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Philips Hairclipper Series 7000 - $49.96

First post! Please let me know how I can improve!

Been eyeing this hair clipper because it's always out of stock. Original price was $69.96, now down $20. Pretty good reviews overall.
Actually looks like this is very close to all time low ($48.92) from CCC.
60 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4658 posts
4444 upvotes
Toronto
deebiddosan wrote: First post! Please let me know how I can improve!

Been eyeing this hair clipper because it's always out of stock. Original price was $69.96, now down $20. Pretty good reviews overall.
Actually looks like this is very close to all time low ($48.92) from CCC.
They are price matching Walmart

Philips Hairclipper Series 7000 with Dual Cut & Trim-n-Flow PRO Technology, Washable, HC7650/14
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/philips-ha ... 0200803839
Jun 2, 2007
452 posts
506 upvotes
Markham
D'oh! Just bought this at bb&b for $52...oh well, not going to return for $2.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Dec 4, 2019
25 posts
11 upvotes
Is it safe to use this hair clipper as a beard trimmer?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1519 posts
855 upvotes
lowest price as per ccc is $48.92 so pretty good =)
Aug 6, 2019
437 posts
898 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought this at full price back in April when no on had in stock. Not one regret!
Feb 9, 2004
790 posts
219 upvotes
Markham
I am wondering whether it really has any in stock. The expected delivery date is Dec 3 - Jan 3.
Apr 6, 2012
198 posts
76 upvotes
I believe it comes with attachment for beard
thinkLater wrote: Is it safe to use this hair clipper as a beard trimmer?
Nov 24, 2016
492 posts
585 upvotes
Guys, buy a proper Wahl clipper in the 1XX price region. I've owned probably 6-7 different beard trimmers. I also bought and returned a couple of cheap clippers in the past. During the lockdown everything was sold out so I bought a 150 dollar Wahl clipper (the balding clipper). Holy shit.... I threw away all my beard clippers. This thing is a MASSIVE time saver. My beard has never looked better. I bought some extra guards and sort of have my own system now. I also buzz down my hair once a week.

You need something with a powerful motor and a really wide head and CORDED. A proper professional clipper is the only way to go. Don't get anything with a battery in it. They are not as powerful and they will slowly lose power. But frankly, even out of the box, they're not powerful enough. The amount of time I wasted in front of the mirror over the past decade and all I got in return was mediocre results.

My brother has this clipper. I've used it before. It's decent. But it doesn't hold a candle to a proper professional hair clipper.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1519 posts
855 upvotes
MashGhasem wrote: Guys, buy a proper Wahl clipper in the 1XX price region. I've owned probably 6-7 different beard trimmers. I also bought and returned a couple of cheap clippers in the past. During the lockdown everything was sold out so I bought a 150 dollar Wahl clipper (the balding clipper). Holy shit.... I threw away all my beard clippers. This thing is a MASSIVE time saver. My beard has never looked better. I bought some extra guards and sort of have my own system now. I also buzz down my hair once a week.

You need something with a powerful motor and a really wide head and CORDED. A proper professional clipper is the only way to go. Don't get anything with a battery in it. They are not as powerful and they will slowly lose power. But frankly, even out of the box, they're not powerful enough. The amount of time I wasted in front of the mirror over the past decade and all I got in return was mediocre results.

My brother has this clipper. I've used it before. It's decent. But it doesn't hold a candle to a proper professional hair clipper.
How does it compare to other cordless ones you've used? I know you said corded is better, but I needed something portable and no access to ac power. Just wanted a "better" cordless one.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2290 posts
427 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
You easily get your investment back if you have two boys at home.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
4658 posts
4444 upvotes
Toronto
dealo'day wrote: Given that as of late october you can't price match with walmart anymore, is amazon often trying to set similar prices?
Not sure. Could be that Walmart wanted a lower price per unit (Rollback) from Philips and Amazon got the same deal.

Maybe I should have not said it was a price match.
Apr 13, 2010
76 posts
29 upvotes
I bought this hair clipper from another place a couple weeks ago and it cuts hair really well. My hair was rather long and it cut it almost too effortless. I definitely recommend it especially at this price! The way the guards work are a little different but easy to get used to.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9431 posts
2177 upvotes
Toronto
specialfx3000 wrote: Anyone have experience with the Philips 7000 compared to some 'so-called' best sellers on Amazon?

Example, these ones:

https://www.amazon.ca/WONER-Clippers-Pr ... uty&sr=1-1
https://www.amazon.ca/Ceenwes-Clippers- ... UTF8&psc=1
Get the Philips. You have no clue what the quality of the battery in those are. The Philips also has an adjustable comb which is way more convenient than fiddling with attachments.
Nov 24, 2016
492 posts
585 upvotes
ktkn wrote: How does it compare to other cordless ones you've used? I know you said corded is better, but I needed something portable and no access to ac power. Just wanted a "better" cordless one.
I only used it on my chest and abdomen lol. It has a wide head so it did the job fast. I thought the water resistant feature was gimmicky as ****. A properly oiled trimmer will not wash easily under water. If you're lubing up the trimmer head on a regular basis (as you should), once you try to wash off the hair it will create a big mess.

Otherwise, I didn't use it on my head and beard so can't say. Seemed decent though.
Oct 20, 2019
284 posts
365 upvotes
Ottawa
MashGhasem wrote: Guys, buy a proper Wahl clipper in the 1XX price region. I've owned probably 6-7 different beard trimmers. I also bought and returned a couple of cheap clippers in the past. During the lockdown everything was sold out so I bought a 150 dollar Wahl clipper (the balding clipper). Holy shit.... I threw away all my beard clippers. This thing is a MASSIVE time saver. My beard has never looked better. I bought some extra guards and sort of have my own system now. I also buzz down my hair once a week.

I use the Remington Shortcut Pro, and you're right when it comes to using clippers with batteries. Luckily though I can use it on AC power since the cord is long, and that gives it a lot of boost. It does the job really well and fast. I also use it once a week, and it takes me less than 10 minutes to get my whole hair back to the nice 0.5mm length.

I might give the Wahl a try one day though to see how it performs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6592 posts
2268 upvotes
Vancouver
specialfx3000 wrote: Anyone have experience with the Philips 7000 compared to some 'so-called' best sellers on Amazon?

Example, these ones:

https://www.amazon.ca/WONER-Clippers-Pr ... uty&sr=1-1
https://www.amazon.ca/Ceenwes-Clippers- ... UTF8&psc=1
These are not real clippers,but NARROW beard clippers. Real hair clippers have a wide head, which REALLY helps. You can get a nice wahl clipper with attachments for 30-40(corded). These "best sellers" and all that are for a quick trim, beard,etc.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...