Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Philips Hairclipper Series 7000, HC7650/14 - $50.49

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 7:31 pm
Dec 24, 2011
721 posts
324 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Hope you get it soon, still waiting on some Aliexpress packages from mid-April. Used to be <3 weeks prior to the pandemic for AE Standard.
Damn, that's unfortunate - wonder if yours got lost. Ya my last order took about ~35 days that I made in April as well. Obviously if it came sooner would be great, but i'm willing to wait the 45-60 days when the value is so much better than anything else found on Amazon or locally.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2018
5 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
I signed up for an amazon prime trial today and asked if they could upgrade the shipping on the pre-ordered hair clipper. They couldn't do it and said they could cancel the order and I could re-order it with prime. I specifically told them not to cancel because it's back-ordered, they confirmed they would not and told me to wait as the item would ship soon. Recently the delivery dated updated to July 11-14. I don't know if it's a coincidence but 30 minutes after the chat my order was canceled with no email notice. After a long discussion with them explaining that this item is a current item and is being sold but stock is limited due to demand and that I really needed this, they gave me a $50 credit because they could not reverse the cancellation.

Did anyone else get their order canceled?
[OP]
Aug 26, 2018
5 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
Today it's $70, I got it while it was at $60 with the credit from amazon, not a bad deal that it cost $10 in the end!
Sep 3, 2019
515 posts
323 upvotes
GTA
Back in stock. It's now $63. Picked one up just now.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1764 posts
158 upvotes
cstriker045 wrote: I researched hair clippers quite extensively recently, and ended up with going with this option: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284051 ... 4c4dXisw64

Here's a review of it by a barber:

Haven't received it yet, but if you're willing to wait it seems like an amazing deal with all the extras included. Probably wouldn't recommend if you cut your own hair and the Phillips in this thread would work better due to having almost everything built in, but if you're cutting someone else's hair or have someone to cut your own i'd definitely recommend the aliexpress model instead. Watching videos of the 7000 series it definitely does a decent job, but it would be pretty hard to obtain a barber-quality level of cut from those clippers.
Wonder how it compares to the Philips Hairclipper Series 7000. Is there a real difference, waiting for a month would he tough. How much did you pay for the kiki?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1764 posts
158 upvotes
any recommendation for scissors to go with some clippers, for self cuts?
Dec 24, 2011
721 posts
324 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: Wonder how it compares to the Philips Hairclipper Series 7000. Is there a real difference, waiting for a month would he tough. How much did you pay for the kiki?
Hard to say. Philips Series 7000 is very much for home use, so I don't think we'll see any reviews comparing the two. Of my experience, I was using a cheap Philips multi-groom before this (https://www.amazon.ca/Multigroom-Access ... 594&sr=8-5).

Comparing the Kiki Newgain to my Philips is night and day in terms of the motor. The Philips is lighter and more maneuverable, so that would be a factor if you're cutting your own hair. There are a few things I would do differently buying again, but I definitely don't regret buying a clipper from Aliexpress. I don't know if I would recommend the one I bought if you were doing it completely solo, but if you have someone else doing it you'll get a much cleaner haircut. I bought with a coupon, I think I paid $45 CAD.