Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Philips HF3520 Wake-Up Light Coloured Sunrise Simulation - $107.99 (HOT!!!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2018 10:25 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2004
9370 posts
3570 upvotes
Oil Country

[Amazon Canada] Philips HF3520 Wake-Up Light Coloured Sunrise Simulation - $107.99 (HOT!!!)

This seems like a hot deal. The Philips HF3520 Wake-Up Light is the deal of the day, and priced at $107.99. That's 40% off of Amazon's price. According to the Camels, it's currently at it's all time lowest price. The last time it was $107.99 was a last February.

I purchased one back in November and absolutely love it. My only knock is, you can't turn off/mute the audio when you have an alarm set (unless I overlooked something). I only want the light to come on when the alarm goes off. It also works well as a night stand light/lamp.
68 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2013
1721 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
why can't a mobile app simulate this as well?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19931 posts
131659 upvotes
GTA
This is a good price and it works (I had one) - but consider if you/your partner get up at the same time. If not, and you're getting up before him/her (and that person is sensitive to light), this can be more disruptive to your partner's sleep than a dual-alarm alarm clock where the alarm comes on and you shut it off after a few seconds. I would up selling it for that reason.
Mar 15, 2006
36 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
bucklemyshoe wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 5:45 am
Doesn't sound like you can get room coverage for light vs. this.
Sep 9, 2014
307 posts
176 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I bought this in 2015 for the same price on Amazon. I use it everyday during the winter. It's awesome, but....
If you are going to spend 107$+tax on this in 2018, you may as well get newer technology (HUE ambient light) to simulate this. I would find that way more useful, especially if you have Alexa or Google Home.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7815 posts
8628 upvotes
GT-EH
bucklemyshoe wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 5:45 am
Yep, there's an app for that:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... keup&hl=en

There's also the pro version, you might want to wait for a sale later.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ppro&hl=en
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1513 posts
127 upvotes
Hamilton
This is an amazing deal. I use it every day.

I paid close to 127 or 147 a few years ago. recommend it or someones wedding/gift present.
Aug 8, 2006
57 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
We have two - the 3510 and the 3505. Both are very good. I personally don't think the "coloured sunrise" feature of the 3520 is all that important. But, what I do absolutely HATE about the 3505 is that if it loses power, even for a tenth of a second, you have to reset the clock.

You would have thought they could have installed a 20 cent capacitor to give you a few seconds of protection against power outages...

Also, with the 3505 there is no way to turn the audio alarm (bird sounds) completely off. I have mine on the lowest volume setting and I can't really hear it, but if you want total silence that's not an option (it is an option with the 3510).
Mar 26, 2009
148 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Been using my Hue bulbs in the bedroom on a timer to do this in the morning, syncing up to my alarm. Can't recommend it enough during the winter months.
Mar 22, 2015
159 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Didn't really help me at all, so I switch on a SAD therapy light in the morning instead now. Hate that you can't dim the clock completely too. Even at its lowest it's too bright so I have it turned away most nights which is of no help either. Have to buy some LightDims before I can use it again.

I bought mine years ago, but if I had to buy one again I'd go with knock offs on Amazon now. Cheaper and seemingly way more user friendly than this one. Battery backups, more colours, more sounds, more functions, better button controls (the placement of the buttons on these is horrible unless you completely memorize their positions).
Oct 8, 2013
242 posts
167 upvotes
Dartmouth
I've got one of these. It's fine. I found that I got used to it. Good deal. Can't speak on the hue solutions. Considering getting some hue gear for dimming the living room via Amazon/Google.
Jul 2, 2013
449 posts
101 upvotes
Newmarket
Ugh! Bought this on amazon in December for a Christmas gift for $119. I have until Feb 9 to return it. Am I being super cheap by returning it to save 12 bucks??
WWYD?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1375 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
I’d do it. I paid 129, way too late for me. Like someone said earlier, if you sleep with your partner, but wake up st different times you will be waking them up. Great product though.
Apr 13, 2016
690 posts
422 upvotes
What a waste of money. I bought this and just cancelled the item for feeling like an idiot.

It looks like the speaker is crappy and the wake up sounds can't be spread out over a longer period. I just can't see it being worth this price.