[Amazon.ca] Philips Hue White A19 Starter Kit 3 Pack - $52.53

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2019 9:24 am
[OP]
Sep 27, 2019
1 posts
2 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Philips Hue White A19 Starter Kit 3 Pack - $52.53

Comes out to $17.51 per bulb. Less if you can sell the Hue bridge.
19 replies
May 11, 2019
25 posts
20 upvotes
You can easily get $30 for the unused bridge on ebay, maybe even more. I know this since I just went through that route to buy a used one a couple weeks ago. I would've been very happy to find a new one for only $30.

If you were to sell the bridge, it would bring the "per-bulb" price way down.
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
I should get a new thread for this but for the past few days, my Hue lights have been turning on and off by themselves and it only happens at night. Frustrating when I'm trying to sleep. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21704 posts
158976 upvotes
GTA
Price looks to have gone up a bit. Even at the original sale price though, struggling for a use case for these. Thought of a wake-up light in the winter, but apart from that, don't have any particular interest in switching my CF / incandescent bulbs to these.
Feb 28, 2016
978 posts
637 upvotes
Check your local HD, mine is clearing out a bunch of hue kits.
Oct 19, 2007
984 posts
452 upvotes
Montreal
mcbg1 wrote: I should get a new thread for this but for the past few days, my Hue lights have been turning on and off by themselves and it only happens at night. Frustrating when I'm trying to sleep. Anyone knows how to fix this?
I have about 40 of the RGB ones at home and I have experienced this issue. I found that it was caused by the dimmer installed in the room. Due to how a dimmer works (a Triac), it is incompatible with this kind of light bulb, even if you put your dimmer to 100% on. Once I removed them and replaced them with actual on/off switches, the problem completely went away. Hope this helps!
Mar 7, 2011
375 posts
463 upvotes
fjanicki wrote: I have about 40 of the RGB ones at home and I have experienced this issue. I found that it was caused by the dimmer installed in the room. Due to how a dimmer works (a Triac), it is incompatible with this kind of light bulb, even if you put your dimmer to 100% on. Once I removed them and replaced them with actual on/off switches, the problem completely went away. Hope this helps!
This. Dimmer and hue bulbs don't work together.
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: This. Dimmer and hue bulbs don't work together.
I don't have a dimmer though. And like it's always a different combo of lights. The other night, my backlights even changed colours. Could someone hack my system? lol
Mar 7, 2011
375 posts
463 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote: I don't have a dimmer though. And like it's always a different combo of lights. The other night, my backlights even changed colours. Could someone hack my system? lol
Only thing I can think of is you have one of those add-on enabled in "hue labs". Go to "hue labs" from your app and disable all add ons such as Halloween.
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: Only thing I can think of is you have one of those add-on enabled in "hue labs". Go to "hue labs" from your app and disable all add ons such as Halloween.
I just checked and I don't have any. All these issues started the day I upgraded my phone so I wonder if something got messed up while the data was transferred to the new phone.
Mar 7, 2011
375 posts
463 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote: I just checked and I don't have any. All these issues started the day I upgraded my phone so I wonder if something got messed up while the data was transferred to the new phone.
Usually all the changes (such as routines, rooms, groups) you make are saved in the bridge. Your app is only used for making further changes to this settings. Call Philips and they will send out new bridge with the prepaid label for old one.
Oct 26, 2016
274 posts
239 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote: I should get a new thread for this but for the past few days, my Hue lights have been turning on and off by themselves and it only happens at night. Frustrating when I'm trying to sleep. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Do you have auto update on? Reminds me of the update process hahaha
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1105 posts
146 upvotes
Showing $69 now. Appears to be dead
Aug 21, 2017
30 posts
21 upvotes
N2K
You can expect more deals on these in the near future, since the latest Philips bulbs have Bluetooth and don't need a hub.