Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 60W 3rd Gen - $47 [Prime Only]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 6:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2455 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 3:57 pm
Great, thanks! Do you have an APK for your version? Any way to also get a goal horn sound playing on a Google Home or Echo?
Yes I'll PM you a link if you want to use it, however the goal light routine is done differently (let me know if you still want to try as this is the only difference between the two). I have implemented a webhook that makes an HTTP request to a script on my server and then that python script (using qhue) flashes the lights. If you have a Raspberry Pi or something it's easy to setup. If you choose to do something like that I can give you the basic scripts to get you going.

I investigated to see whether it would be possible to get the Google home to automatically play a goal horn / celebration music a while back but they've locked it down pretty good. You cannot initiate a call to google home unless you use your voice or manually cast something to it via app (ie. you need to press the buttons), this is for security I guess though I wish they would open it up (similar to how Hue does it where you need to have a pairing request that produces a unique username for the requester when you push the button on the bridge). The Hue Goal App does have a notification feature that you can select to play an alert if you choose, you can substitute for a goal horn sound. I guess if you had a Raspberry pi you could also probably figure out a way to get it to play a goal horn to some sort of speaker as part of the webhook routine.