Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Philips Sonicare Diamondclean HX9903 $167 - Black only

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2005
9735 posts
31 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Philips Sonicare Diamondclean HX9903 $167 - Black only

Awesome toothbrush. I have the old version.

I think this is the lowest price it has been.
28 replies
Jan 13, 2009
271 posts
83 upvotes
How does this compare to Costco price?
Jun 4, 2011
82 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Keep in mind that the cheapest sonicare (~$35) and the most expensive perform exactly the same for 95% of people who only use the default on setting.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10719 posts
954 upvotes
I bought it at similar or slightly more price on sale at shoppers and combined with the 20x points I felt it was a great deal. I would keep checking shoppers and I've heard sonicare and the oral b toothbrushes go on sale fairly regularly. Just have to hope you get a 20x points event at the same time.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2005
9735 posts
31 upvotes
elfion wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:20 am
How does this compare to Costco price?
Sorry I never shop there no idea.
slowtyper wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:32 am
I bought it at similar or slightly more price on sale at shoppers and combined with the 20x points I felt it was a great deal. I would keep checking shoppers and I've heard sonicare and the oral b toothbrushes go on sale fairly regularly. Just have to hope you get a 20x points event at the same time.
Wow sounds like an awesome deal! 👍🏻 This was good enough for me so I ordered.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2306 posts
1112 upvotes
I think you would be better off getting it at Costco. If you don't have a membership you would be better getting one, buying the brush and still come out better.

$174.99 online for TWO brushes: https://www.costco.ca/Philips-Sonicare- ... 99655.html

I think it is cheaper in the warehouse and goes on sale once or twice a year for about $130 or so.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10719 posts
954 upvotes
df329 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 9:05 am

Wow sounds like an awesome deal! 👍🏻 This was good enough for me so I ordered.
it's a great toothbrush. I was really hesitant because who needs a smart toothbrush but my wife really wanted it. However after the first time using it....my teeth never felt cleaner after brushing at home!
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4185 posts
1314 upvotes
df329 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 9:05 am
That's blasphemy here on RFD!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2306 posts
1112 upvotes
Third Eye wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 9:08 am
I think you would be better off getting it at Costco. If you don't have a membership you would be better getting one, buying the brush and still come out better.

$174.99 online for TWO brushes: https://www.costco.ca/Philips-Sonicare- ... 99655.html

I think it is cheaper in the warehouse and goes on sale once or twice a year for about $130 or so.
I could be wrong but I think you can buy the 2 for $174.99 at Costco online without a membership.
Apr 27, 2012
299 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Decent deal!

I have this exact toothbrush so I can give you some insight.
As others have said, a cheaper model that is 35 bucks will do 90% of what this does. My girlfriend has the cheapest model and it really does
Clean the teeth just as well!
What I do like about this model is that it does have different modes of cleaning ( deep clean, whitting, gum care etc.) which changes depending on what brush head you have on. I find it does help but not worth the extra 100 dollars in realilty.
I love the chargeing cup as oppose to the oldschool stands they usually come with. It’s just easier to place the brush in a clear glass instead of a stand. Again a luxury more than a necessity.

What I should add to this is that the bluetooth connection to the smart phone was good for about the first 2 days and ever since I don’t bother with it. It helps time the brushing and that’s about it! It’s often finicky and not worth it if that’s all your looking for.
Also the travel case is not a charging case!

I would like to remind all of you that it does go cheaper than this frequently at SDM. It’s often 179.99 and with 20 x points it would be cheaper
Aug 22, 2014
55 posts
28 upvotes
Montr
Damn just bought this 2 weeks ago! Guess i gotta do a return and swap it
Nov 8, 2007
470 posts
130 upvotes
Do the new models still suffer from the same 1-2 year failures? Seems like it is cause from water getting inside the housing.
I really like the toothbrush but I've had 2 diamond units die and several friends did too.
Jun 18, 2016
173 posts
395 upvotes
Neo_ZX wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 10:12 am
Do the new models still suffer from the same 1-2 year failures? Seems like it is cause from water getting inside the housing.
I really like the toothbrush but I've had 2 diamond units die and several friends did too.
Yes, unfortunately. It's a very expensive toothbrush when you can only amortize over a couple years. I switched to quip because my 2nd sonicare died. Sonicare "felt" like a better clean, but my dentist said my teeth were cleanest with quip. Plus I love the minimal design and much quieter motor.
Aug 3, 2005
74 posts
12 upvotes
Havox07 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:27 am
Keep in mind that the cheapest sonicare (~$35) and the most expensive perform exactly the same for 95% of people who only use the default on setting.
Can someone please advise on the $35 please?

Thanks in advance!
May 6, 2014
6 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Neo_ZX wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 10:12 am
I bought my DiamondClean about 4 years ago. It died 2 times in the first 18 months (within warranty) but both times were replaced free of charge by Philips. Since then, it has been working fine.