Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean 6100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Whitening -$79.93

[OP]
Sep 8, 2010
349 posts
905 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean 6100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Whitening -$79.93

Philips Sonicare Protectiveclean 6100 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Whitening, Only the white one seems to be on sale.
9 replies
May 10, 2021
187 posts
1094 upvotes
Stupid question but how does the whitening works ? Is it another brushhead ?

It seems to just be brushing but I'm curious how that differs from other toothbrushes
Feb 6, 2017
270 posts
576 upvotes
ebpodeals wrote: Stupid question but how does the whitening works ? Is it another brushhead ?

It seems to just be brushing but I'm curious how that differs from other toothbrushes
This one has a stronger motor then other models. I prefer the ultrasonic design over the braun mechanical rotation type.
May 10, 2021
187 posts
1094 upvotes
stwan001 wrote: This one has a stronger motor then other models. I prefer the ultrasonic design over the braun mechanical rotation type.
Yeah I was trying to compare it with the Sonicare 4500 (although they are the same price now !)

Thanks !
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4581 posts
1612 upvotes
($227.72 / pound)

+1 OP, getting one
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2219 posts
2010 upvotes
Ontario
ebpodeals wrote: Yeah I was trying to compare it with the Sonicare 4500 (although they are the same price now !)

Thanks !
If you're comparing brushes within Sonicare's lineup, I believe the 4500 and up (+ the discontinued Protective lean 4100) have the same motor. The higher models just have additional brushing modes that you may or may not use. A lot of people only use the default brushing mode so paying more for more bells and whistles isn't really worth it, but that depends on how you plan on using it.

To add, within the last year or so they updated the 4100 model. It's slimmer, lighter and charges via usb which is nice for travelling. I think it's a bit weaker based on the packaging as it advertises something along the lines of 5x more plaque removal whereas the older 4100 ProtectiveClean model I think says 7x. Some people said they don't notice the difference but I find that marketing update to be a bit suspicious. So if you're looking for the minimum at the strongest motor, I'd say 4500 and up unless you can find a 4100 ProtectiveClean model. The nice thing about the 4500 and up is that I think that is the lowest model to come with an included travel case, which is usually better than looking for the case separately.

In terms of pricing, I think I saw the 4500 on sale for $50 once last year (pretty hot even after inflation). Usually I'd say $60 is a more common sale price but that was 2021 when I was more actively looking. If you have a Costco membership, the in-store package they sell is I believe equivalent to 2x 4500 with a couple of extra brush heads for $135 on sale, which if you itemize each part, comes to under $60 a pair as a brush head is about $8 per head on sale at Costco.
Virgin Plus ($35/20GB for 15 months)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
2064 posts
1634 upvotes
stwan001 wrote: I prefer the ultrasonic design over the braun mechanical rotation type.
I am pretty sure you mean sonic. ultrasonic is something totally different. and philips sonicare mass market toothbrushes are all sonic, not ultrasonic.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
2064 posts
1634 upvotes
soocas toothbrushes are cheaper, better, and charge from USB-C, which makes them fantastic for travel.
For example X3U is currently $34.64 USD no tax and free shipping (with $4 USD in coupons) https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtpWPoE
This is 2 times cheaper even than this heavily discounted offer. Not to mention replacement heads are dirt cheap compared to Philips.