Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - $119.95(33%OFF)

[OP]
Aug 19, 2021
21 posts
162 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - $119.95(33%OFF)

If you’re not used to an electric toothbrush then it is hard to get used to,
Especially since the brush heads on these are quite a bit smaller than regular toothbrushes.
Thread Summary
Shopping around? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric toothbrushes!
10 replies
Oct 12, 2011
15 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered! Thank you. Wife recently lost hers, so been waiting for a deal on a replacement.

We will never go back to manual brushes, these are just way way better.
Mar 18, 2008
228 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
My $40ish 5+ years oral Braun still going strong. But really $120, let alone retail price $170+? Are dentists punching the air right now because these toothbrush tech taking their business away?
May 13, 2020
113 posts
107 upvotes
$40 ($160) more and you can get the diamond clean which is in clearance at Walmart. Retails $250. Got one today.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2469 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal, QC
only the pink color is on sale, the black and white colors are still at regular price
Mar 10, 2006
167 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
GnailNet wrote: My $40ish 5+ years oral Braun still going strong. But really $120, let alone retail price $170+? Are dentists punching the air right now because these toothbrush tech taking their business away?
Except for the lowest models, the sonicares have the same brushing motion for all of their models, but the more expensive ones have more bells, whistles and accessories. So really if you are only concerned about brushing your teeth like most people and dont care much about extra brush modes, travel cases, bluetooth connectivity or stuff like that you can pick up the protectiveclean 4100 for like 75$, or like 50$ around black friday and have essentially the same benefit.
Mar 31, 2017
357 posts
318 upvotes
GnailNet wrote: My $40ish 5+ years oral Braun still going strong. But really $120, let alone retail price $170+? Are dentists punching the air right now because these toothbrush tech taking their business away?
I have used Braun for 4 something year than tried Oral B 2000 and than bought below Phillips sonicare from Costco and I feel Sonicare is way better than entry label Oral B pro series.

If price is deciding factor than I feel Costco deal is better but you need to buy a 2 pack.

Several time in a year Costco sale Two Oral B pro 2000 and now Pro 4000 for 90$ and below Phillips Sonicare at around 130$

https://www.costco.ca/philips-sonicare- ... 81391.html
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
phonics wrote: Except for the lowest models, the sonicares have the same brushing motion for all of their models, but the more expensive ones have more bells, whistles and accessories. So really if you are only concerned about brushing your teeth like most people and dont care much about extra brush modes, travel cases, bluetooth connectivity or stuff like that you can pick up the protectiveclean 4100 for like 75$, or like 50$ around black friday and have essentially the same benefit.
+1 to the 4100. I managed to snag a protectiveclean 4100 for $50 earlier this year. It was intended to be my travel toothbrush due to 100-240v charger but ended becoming my main. That 62000 sonic movements per minute really works. Where my Oral B 5000 doesn't seem to remove all plaque, the sonicare leaves teeth completely smooth. If you are going to stick to using one mode anyway, the 4100 can't be beat for its price. Might pick up a couple more and just replace all the oral Bs around the house.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2535 posts
91 upvotes
It looks like this is over now. How often does this model go on sale?
Jan 4, 2021
142 posts
433 upvotes
Calgary
jimmyzaas wrote: That 62000 sonic movements per minute really works. Where my Oral B 5000 doesn't seem to remove all plaque, the sonicare leaves teeth completely smooth. If you are going to stick to using one mode anyway, the 4100 can't be beat for its price. Might pick up a couple more and just replace all the oral Bs around the house.
No kidding, I used to use a Oral B Electric and it would take a long brush session to remove all the plague which due to my OCD left me with some gum recession. Got myself a 4100 a few months back and within a 2 minute brush session with its sonic tech, it removed all the plague that would take the Oral B twice as long. Shit literally changes your life.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
xbr999 wrote: No kidding, I used to use a Oral B Electric and it would take a long brush session to remove all the plague which due to my OCD left me with some gum recession. Got myself a 4100 a few months back and within a 2 minute brush session with its sonic tech, it removed all the plague that would take the Oral B twice as long. Shit literally changes your life.
Yes same! Plaque disappeared in the first 2 minute session. I was completely shocked. The only advantage of Oral B brushes is that they seem to last forever while Sonicares seem to have a higher failure rate. But for $50 bucks and better dental care, not a show stopper by any means.