Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Colored Sunrise Simulation and Sunset Fading Night Light, White, HF3520/60

[OP]
Jun 29, 2009
226 posts
77 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon.ca] Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Colored Sunrise Simulation and Sunset Fading Night Light, White, HF3520/60

Hi guys,

First deal post, so please be gentle.

I've been hunting down one of these for the longest time, and it seems the top-tier model (3520) is finally on sale at Amazon Canada. According to 3xCamel, this is the lowest it has been at since Jan 2018.
18 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1591 posts
440 upvotes
Canada
currently using a chinese light from amazon, got it for $25 and works great.
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1204 upvotes
Yeah, I have been using a $30 one for a year and no complaint.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2490 posts
1540 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: currently using a chinese light from amazon, got it for $25 and works great.
AlicW93740 wrote: Yeah, I have been using a $30 one for a year and no complaint.
Got my cheapo one from Amazon for $12 and it works great. I also have an HF3510 that my son uses but I think Philips wake-up lights are a big scam with their artificially limited features, like the number of alarm tones, etc. And for this much money, there really should be smart features or ability to setup with a phone. But I think those retail for about $300

Thanked you OP since this is a deal for those that really want one.
Dec 20, 2010
89 posts
72 upvotes
I tried to use the gentle wake up feature on my Lenovo smart clock. I just woke up to a bright white screen and my alarm. Lol
Dec 8, 2017
78 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AlicW93740 wrote: Yeah, I have been using a $30 one for a year and no complaint.
What model? Does it get nice and bright?
Jan 13, 2009
848 posts
371 upvotes
I also got the Chinese one. I think it's a bit smaller than Philips... But is Philips really worth paying 3x times more? I bought TITIROBA and I paid $35 CAD no tax
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2785 posts
995 upvotes
Duuuuude wrote: Got my cheapo one from Amazon for $12 and it works great. I also have an HF3510 that my son uses but I think Philips wake-up lights are a big scam with their artificially limited features, like the number of alarm tones, etc. And for this much money, there really should be smart features or ability to setup with a phone. But I think those retail for about $300

Which one? Looking for those things is a minefield. Also can you fully turn off the time display on the one you have, does it have a battery backup? Please give me the link or name of it.

I think it's insane that Phillips doesn't provide battery backup for the "lower tier"(tiers for clocks, WTF world are we living in!?) models.
Nov 23, 2004
711 posts
1230 upvotes
Ontario
Been doing this with a color hue bulb for years, and have a way better standalone alarm :)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1335 posts
947 upvotes
Pickering
Google Nest Hub is going for $89 on sale, as well as the Echo Show 5, at $65 - both sales end today.
CTC employee

Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2490 posts
1540 upvotes
ph00p wrote: Which one? Looking for those things is a minefield. Also can you fully turn off the time display on the one you have, does it have a battery backup? Please give me the link or name of it.

I think it's insane that Phillips doesn't provide battery backup for the "lower tier"(tiers for clocks, WTF world are we living in!?) models.
I got the one below last February (via RFD, of course) but there was a $24 coupon that brought it down to $15.99 with no tax. You can turn off the display (I use only the wake up light and no alarm) and it also has the option to throw in a battery for backup and gets pretty bright in the wake-up modes and has a bunch of other fixed colour options in case you want to turn your bedroom into the red light district. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MQVJ8IE

The UI is a bit confusing, but not much worse than the Philips lol

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread
Nov 25, 2013
295 posts
213 upvotes
Hoth
Just get a smart bulb for your room and set a timer/alarm
Mar 7, 2011
243 posts
303 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I bought one a month ago. I like it. Maybe I'm a sucker for not buying a Chinese one, but I wanted one that changes colour tone like the 3520 to match sunset/sunrise. The only Chinese ones I could see that did that were ~$50, and I got a warehouse deal for the Philips at $76. It seemed like a better bet. Unfortunately only the light works, no sound, but I've ordered a second one, and will return the first
Nov 25, 2008
212 posts
343 upvotes
Duuuuude wrote: Got my cheapo one from Amazon for $12 and it works great. I also have an HF3510 that my son uses but I think Philips wake-up lights are a big scam with their artificially limited features, like the number of alarm tones, etc. And for this much money, there really should be smart features or ability to setup with a phone. But I think those retail for about $300

I bought this one for $60.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07SFZKM8 ... asin_image

It has wifi capabilities, thought it was a bit gimmicky at first, but I like accessing all the features via app.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4719 posts
5727 upvotes
Toronto, ON
elfion wrote: I also got the Chinese one. I think it's a bit smaller than Philips... But is Philips really worth paying 3x times more? I bought TITIROBA and I paid $35 CAD no tax
TITI's are definitely great to wake up to.
Oct 17, 2010
128 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I looked at these briefly, but found a vastly better option, IMHO, a Google Hub (or an Alexa version might work fine as well) and one of these things (still available at $20 off, but it's a brand new version of the product (careful not to buy the old one) so this price is gonna probably disappear tomorrow for a long while):

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ph ... t/13888808

Voice activated, and automatically synchronizes the sunrise/sunset light and alarm time with no fiddling, AND, most importantly, no excessive glowing in the middle of the night.

Makes a really nice mood light in the evening as well.

It's sooooo nice to just verbally set the alarm, choose the wake-up song, tone or noise and just tell it when to snooze!

The white noise sounds at night are a nice bonus as well.
Jan 24, 2015
529 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
have it, personally i don't wake up any better