Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Philps 27in 4k IPS vesa mount monitor $320.59

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 3:34 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11651 posts
17523 upvotes
Stinky2 wrote: depending on how far your screen is , 4K might be a bit much for text based work .
We’ll the usual desktop distance i guess 24” , guess need to scale up to 125%
Oct 31, 2008
71 posts
116 upvotes
Calgary
lyh_chnxm wrote: what I mean is maybe phillips doesn't even make monitors, it could be a rebranded AOC.
Just talked to a buddy that works at Philips, can confirm, Monitors are outsourced .
While the specs vs price looks great , but can't speak to the quality based on its brand for this product
Dec 2, 2019
14 posts
5 upvotes
I just picked one up for $335 the other day. I like the monitor so far.

4 year warranty is nice but I hope I don't have to contact Philips. I have had bad experience with their customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7478 posts
1626 upvotes
Mont-Royal
acceptthemystery wrote: I just picked one up for $335 the other day. I like the monitor so far.

4 year warranty is nice but I hope I don't have to contact Philips. I have had bad experience with their customer service.
But all customer service are bad. So kinda not a bad point to mention since all manufacturers share this common point.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5087 posts
1781 upvotes
Debtario
Stinky2 wrote: Just talked to a buddy that works at Philips, can confirm, Monitors are outsourced .
While the specs vs price looks great , but can't speak to the quality based on its brand for this product
That's what I was expecting. Philips does make excellent light bulbs and industrial electrical components, but their consumer brand is just a name like many others. Only a select few companies make their own panels and build under their own name (Samsung, LG, few others). Most of the typical consumer brands (RCA, Sanyo, Proscan, etc) you see in places like Walmart, Canadian Tire, and furniture stores are just "licensed" to various overseas companies that slap components together, and the OEMs change with the wind. Quality can be a crapshoot, I stay away myself.

https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs/tv- ... they-seem/
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30553 posts
1508 upvotes
Fernando Poo
neonic wrote: Not sure if you're joking because of the typo on Amazon (and then copied to this thread) or not. But Philips been around for ~130 years now... It's good to see them on the consumer monitors market again.
FYI: It was Philips that brought 'planned obsolescence' to the world when they got into the light bulb industry. Light bulb used to last year and years (one running every day for well over 100 years).
[OP]
Jan 20, 2014
64 posts
135 upvotes
BC
Got it delivered today,hooked it up and it looks better than expected.money well spent.
Images
  • 2C1093D8-B070-4CE0-A266-B604A2AACE79.jpeg