Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Picquic 98882 Super 8 Plus HVAC (with Schrader Valve bit)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 10:13 pm
[OP]
Oct 11, 2018
319 posts
358 upvotes
ON

[Amazon.ca] Picquic 98882 Super 8 Plus HVAC (with Schrader Valve bit)

Picquic 98882 Super 8 Plus HVAC (with Schrader Valve bit)

It was $11.13 a couple of weeks ago in another thread, now price dropped to $9.71

Please note this is the HVAC version, not regular one, but if you are not picky, I guess it should still be acceptable
24 replies
Oct 14, 2013
28 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
Picquic is awesome, almost have their entire product line
High quality and reliable

Thanks op!
Jan 13, 2004
973 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
Picquics are good quality but they aren't the most convenient for HVAC work. 11-in-1 style is preferred as they can be used as a nut driver.
Last edited by turbo_slug on Mar 24th, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2018
14 posts
3 upvotes
Excellent price for an excellent multi bit screwdriver!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2016 posts
756 upvotes
How useful is the Schrader vavle bit? What can you do with it? Remove and install valve?
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1151 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
turbo_slug wrote: Picquics are good quality but they aren't the most convenient for HVAC work. 11-in-1 style is preferred as they can be used as a but driver.
This one has both a 1/4 and 5/16 nut driver.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2396 posts
489 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: How useful is the Schrader vavle bit? What can you do with it? Remove and install valve?
It is used to fix refrigerant leak mostly through the valve. hear an example and better tool for this job.
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2016 posts
756 upvotes
Rooster wrote: It is used to fix refrigerant leak mostly through the valve. hear an example and better tool for this job.
ok, I thought it's use for the bicycle valve.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Jan 13, 2004
973 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
xpressmerchant wrote: ok, I thought it's use for the bicycle valve.
I think some bicycles uses Schrader valves. Car tires use them too
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5329 posts
4911 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: Picquic 98882 Super 8 Plus HVAC (with Schrader Valve bit)

It was $11.13 a couple of weeks ago in another thread, now price dropped to $9.71

Please note this is the HVAC version, not regular one, but if you are not picky, I guess it should still be acceptable
FWIW, the 'HVAC' version is exactly the same as the others, except for one bit.

And the interesting bit, is that bit (the 'Schrader' valve bit) isn't just for HVAC contractors. It allows you to remove the valve stem in tire valves on bikes and cars, so MUCH more useful than the 'HVAC' label would indicate.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5177 posts
1874 upvotes
Debtario
**** you OP, lol. I don't need it (yet), but bought anyway.

I seem to be in a Picquic collection spree, already picked up the SAE/metric hex, torx, sixpac/multique/teeny turner pack on sale in the last 6 months or so. These drivers are really handy, I can probably replace a good portion of my toolbox with some of these.

I really like the bright orange multique, perfect size for working on computers and easy to find
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"