Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Pictek Mechanical Keyboard Back down to 19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 7:04 pm
Dec 2, 2020
79 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
Mephod wrote: I got this keyboard yesterday. It’s not good. It weighs nothing, they plastic feels like a cheap dollar store toy.

The entire keyboard arrived bent and flexes with minimal pressure. It slide around on the desk

The actual switches are perhaps passable, the rest is trash

Even at $20 is barely a deal.
That's exactly what I imagine.. Must be cheap overall and most of all, should be annoyingly loud and noisy since it's blue switches. I don't think I'm gonna ever use it, even if I order this.
But would be a decent deal for those who don't care a lot.
Sep 2, 2019
87 posts
83 upvotes
slade wrote: Ugh mines out for delivery today and I was looking forward to it..
It's a 20$ keyboard with RGB & blue switches... I'm sure if you're used to 100$-200$ keyboards it will feel cheap... I've owned one of these before and it works fine, feels fine, does what it should... No reason to be worried
Oct 10, 2020
903 posts
553 upvotes
mrblack747 wrote: not even FULL KB !!! omg.... useless!
37 x 14.6 x 4.1 centimeters

I like it.

Is there a single color option ( just amber for example)?
Nov 14, 2006
766 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
No - it's rainbow or nothing.
Jan 12, 2003
725 posts
327 upvotes
hisl9828 wrote: It's a 20$ keyboard with RGB & blue switches... I'm sure if you're used to 100$-200$ keyboards it will feel cheap... I've owned one of these before and it works fine, feels fine, does what it should... No reason to be worried
And thats what I imagine, im not paying too dollar so I cant expect the greatest quality, I did opt for the fukm size with numberpad.

My current keyboard had a sticky shift key so its gotta be replaced…
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2700 posts
816 upvotes
North York
k847848 wrote: How can it be lowest if it was just 14.99 a couple of days ago?
I ordered this for $14.99 when it was posted on here 2 days ago and received it along with the full sized one and two gaming mice from same company too. Using the full sized one here in my office this morning and so far so good.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1587 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Maybe I've used laptops for too long....I recently tried multiple keyboards and ended up buying an apple magic keyboard because I like the short key travel.
It was just too much effort to click on my old logitech ...Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2681 posts
1561 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have the exact keyboard. It's awesome albeit a little loud due to blue switches.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Nov 8, 2005
576 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
dicecube wrote: What would be the quietest switches? Thanks
mx silent red....I've been using mine for a year, it's a perfect balance for me. I wouldn't use anything like blue in an office environment or home unless you live by yourself.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2776 posts
2400 upvotes
Last time I purchased a $15 mechanical keyboard from amazon it was ghosting like crazy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6711 posts
1292 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Sure looks like the Redragon I am using right now. Maybe it will be decent?
There's a sucker born every minute.
Aug 11, 2014
547 posts
429 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Last time I purchased a $15 mechanical keyboard from amazon it was ghosting like crazy
Was it that $15 Omoton brand mechanical keyboard? Looks almost exactly the same as the one in this thread, even the box looks the same.

How did you find out it was ghosting? Just through some simple tests I couldn't find any ghosting, maybe I didn't test it correctly?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9916 posts
4658 upvotes
Toronto
they had a BT wireless mechanical one for around same price, $20... now that was a good deal, wish I bought a 2nd one
Feb 28, 2021
52 posts
76 upvotes
Just posted my review video on YouTube. Not allowed to plug the link here. But you can probably find it. Channel is Beau-Urns

Basically it’s crap
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1596 posts
1049 upvotes
Vancouver
otakuz wrote: Red ... then brown ... and then blue

but to be honest .. I love blue .. its like music to my ears .. sounds like a type writter
You need to try Kailh whites. If blue are the absolute worst clicky switches (they are, especially the cheap ones), whites are the absolute best. The click is so solid and consistent with no rattle, and the keys don't wobble due to the box white design. Seriously, I used cherry blues for several years before realizing how bad they were, give them a try if you don't mind spending a bit more. They're still considered one of the cheapest switches too.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1942 posts
563 upvotes
gtror350z wrote: Aukey's and it's listings have been banned from Amazon for violating sellers terms; something something 'buying reviews'. Same with MPOW. Google it for more details on the news!
FYI - Pictek does the exact same thing. I know this first hand as they were willing to "negotiate" a 5-star review from me. Just look at the amount of very likely fake 5-star reviews with tons of useless photos. Their products may be decent, like Aukey's and MPOW's. but Just be aware that they are doing the same thing others were banned for doing.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1337 posts
666 upvotes
GTA
ericw wrote: Maybe I've used laptops for too long....I recently tried multiple keyboards and ended up buying an apple magic keyboard because I like the short key travel.
It was just too much effort to click on my old logitech ...Face With Tears Of Joy
Waiting for the low profile kailh choc switches to proliferate in the budget market. Keychron and Logitech are the only big ones in the low profile game.