2008 upvotes
Vancouver
dicecube wrote: What would be the quietest switches? Thanks
A keyboard without mechanical switchces
Dec 10, 2014
892 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like made in the exact same factory as the red dragons. Decent for the price, but that one is in a corner collecting dust now and possibly into the electronic recycling depot soon. Bought a Ducky One 2 and it's like 10x better.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1296 posts
2008 upvotes
Vancouver
Mephod wrote: Just posted my review video on YouTube. Not allowed to plug the link here. But you can probably find it. Channel is Beau-Urns

Basically it’s crap
I took the time to watch your review... devoid of almost any useful information
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1296 posts
2008 upvotes
Vancouver
mrblack747 wrote: not even FULL KB !!! omg.... useless!
Many people prefer TKL.

It's not "useless" or they wouldn't make them, and no one would buy them
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17711 posts
764 upvotes
Ordered one for my kids to use on a build. It will be good enough
Jul 30, 2008
86 posts
40 upvotes
Thanks op

Great timing..let's giver a go..!!!

If it's really that bad it's going back..amazon is great for that
Dec 30, 2009
172 posts
132 upvotes
Markham
cgg123321 wrote: You need to try Kailh whites. If blue are the absolute worst clicky switches (they are, especially the cheap ones), whites are the absolute best. The click is so solid and consistent with no rattle, and the keys don't wobble due to the box white design. Seriously, I used cherry blues for several years before realizing how bad they were, give them a try if you don't mind spending a bit more. They're still considered one of the cheapest switches too.

did a quick search about them .... and checked amazon . was able to find the switches only. so am i supposed to buy a plain keyboard and plug those switches in? .. seems way to much work .. i just wanna get a solid keyboard and not worry about it ... maybe when my K70 dies . i.ll try the ducky as i seen good reviews about it
Jan 12, 2003
725 posts
327 upvotes
My wife , working down the hall, in a room with the door shut, she could heAr me typing lol
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Jan 23, 2009
408 posts
335 upvotes
VI
bobor wrote: Can this be set to a single coloured light for the entire keyboard?

Sometimes I'm just looking for a simple back-lit keyboard when using it for work
It answers that in the description. But "no".
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9663 posts
6389 upvotes
Toronto
blakjak wrote: FYI - Pictek does the exact same thing. I know this first hand as they were willing to "negotiate" a 5-star review from me. Just look at the amount of very likely fake 5-star reviews with tons of useless photos. Their products may be decent, like Aukey's and MPOW's. but Just be aware that they are doing the same thing others were banned for doing.
Yup what I do with these kind of products is filter for 1 to 3-star to see any potential problems, if you just look at 5-star then 99% probably received the product for free or got paid.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1519 posts
568 upvotes
otakuz wrote: .........
but to be honest .. I love blue .. its like music to my ears .. sounds like a type writter
You disgust me Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
/j
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Feb 28, 2021
52 posts
76 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: Looks like made in the exact same factory as the red dragons. Decent for the price, but that one is in a corner collecting dust now and possibly into the electronic recycling depot soon. Bought a Ducky One 2 and it's like 10x better.
I have the redragon with blue switches (and this one). The Pictek is WAY lower quality than the redragon
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1596 posts
1048 upvotes
Vancouver
otakuz wrote: did a quick search about them .... and checked amazon . was able to find the switches only. so am i supposed to buy a plain keyboard and plug those switches in? .. seems way to much work .. i just wanna get a solid keyboard and not worry about it ... maybe when my K70 dies . i.ll try the ducky as i seen good reviews about it
What size of keyboard do you prefer? Smaller gaming style with no keypad and possibly no F-keys? Or you need F-keys but no numpad?

There are many good keyboard choices now that are cheap (even compared to mainstream corsairs) and are completely feature-packed. I actually had a K70 myself as well, and sold it recently to get a "cheaper" chinese board that had way better specs and was hot swap (can change the switches without soldering. But you can get prebuilt low budget "enthusiast" boards that come pre-built with kailh switches, in this case the kailh box whites. Ducky are decent pre-builts, but there are many more options available on the market now.

Just an example of a portable 65% (the smallest I'd suggest imo, to retain arrow keys and page up page down etc), and NJ68. BT, Type C, Hot Swap, RGB, Good build quality, clean style, good keycaps, Kailh Whites - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000666625692.html?

But this is assuming you want clicky. Once I went tactile (and then to good tactiles) I can't go back. I haven't tried electrocapacitive (like topre, but NIZ makes an affordable one) yet but it's on my list for sure: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08292JRZ3
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2544 posts
666 upvotes
Who would give this kb a makeover?

Nov 11, 2019
10 posts
14 upvotes
quebec,qc
I think Yellow switches are the quietest one.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15125 posts
3730 upvotes
what? still in stock with that price?????? resisted!!!!!! come on guys...i have like 3-4 mechanical keyboards collecting dust..i dont need another one...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 22, 2010
76 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
I ordered one of each size when they were $15 and don't regret it. They feel cheap, but better than inexpensive oem keyboards so they are useful for occasional use, backups and spare keycaps.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1760 posts
797 upvotes
Mephod wrote: I got this keyboard yesterday. It’s not good. It weighs nothing, they plastic feels like a cheap dollar store toy.

The entire keyboard arrived bent and flexes with minimal pressure. It slide around on the desk

The actual switches are perhaps passable, the rest is trash

Even at $20 is barely a deal.
Thank you for sharing. Your kind of feedback is valuable.
Jan 26, 2013
119 posts
140 upvotes
Vaughan
Mephod wrote: I got this keyboard yesterday. It’s not good. It weighs nothing, they plastic feels like a cheap dollar store toy.

The entire keyboard arrived bent and flexes with minimal pressure. It slide around on the desk

The actual switches are perhaps passable, the rest is trash

Even at $20 is barely a deal.
I totally agree with you. I got mine yesterday as well. A slightly more forceful press on any keys towards the centre of the keyboard (i.e. the space bar) and you can see the keyboard flexes down about 1-2mm down to the table (equal to the height of the rubber pads on the sides). It's not a bad keyboard for what it does (it's a mechanical, it has some flashy colors and is very loud...). Honestly at $15, its alright but I'm not sure if its much of a deal.
Feb 12, 2006
408 posts
427 upvotes
Showing $39.99 w/ $8 off coupon now. Deal's deadddd

Glad I resisted yet another crappy keyboard, though at $15... $20 it was tempting to leave in one work location I don't visit often.