Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition - Ps4 ($29.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2021 9:36 pm
[OP]
Jan 31, 2021
4 posts
12 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Edition - Ps4 ($29.99)

Hi all,
First time posting so I hope I've done it right. I saw this deal and thought I would share. It seems to be the lowest price and looks to be matching EB Games but they only have stock in store.
Note that there appears to be quite a few complaints about load times on console although some say the latest patch clears that up.
Last edited by darkweb on Feb 2nd, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Jul 25, 2010
12 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I loved the first game, but the loading was so bad that it forced me to get an SSD for my PS4 Pro which then took the loading times from 60 seconds whenever you changed areas down to 15-30 seconds which is still not great. These loading screens didn't matter if you entered a whole city or just a room in a house. I dreaded buildings with multiple floors because each time you go up or down the stairs, bam - loading screen. Hopefully, with a PS5 and the new patch, this one will be better.

Anyway, thank you for posting, I bought a copy, wish me luck.
Aug 16, 2018
56 posts
67 upvotes
Encha277 wrote: I loved the first game, but the loading was so bad that it forced me to get an SSD for my PS4 Pro which then took the loading times from 60 seconds whenever you changed areas down to 15-30 seconds which is still not great. These loading screens didn't matter if you entered a whole city or just a room in a house. I dreaded buildings with multiple floors because each time you go up or down the stairs, bam - loading screen. Hopefully, with a PS5 and the new patch, this one will be better.

Anyway, thank you for posting, I bought a copy, wish me luck.
I got a copy for my PS5. I timed the load times and still usually over 60 seconds. Other than the load times the game is decent enough. Menus and UI are horrible though. Can definitely tell this wasn't meant for consoles.
Jul 6, 2017
149 posts
78 upvotes
Ontario
I really enjoyed this game on PC. Good stuff OP
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1007 posts
734 upvotes
Lenwood wrote: I got a copy for my PS5. I timed the load times and still usually over 60 seconds. Other than the load times the game is decent enough. Menus and UI are horrible though. Can definitely tell this wasn't meant for consoles.
I recommend the PC version, if you have an nvme SSD the load times are inconsequential.

Generally available around the same price:
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/pillars ... fire/info/
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2251 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Lenwood wrote: Can definitely tell this wasn't meant for consoles.
Strange. All my time playing on PC I was dying for some form of controller support. Especially with the optional turn based combat, it would have made the whole experience a metric ton better.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.