10323 posts
19163 upvotes
Montreal
Nice find "jambest" and welcome to RFD.

Please put the price in the title. :)
Sep 6, 2020
27 posts
13 upvotes
Have known plenty of guys on site that would paint their tools pink so no one would steal them
Sep 5, 2005
814 posts
1051 upvotes
On RFD
In case someone is wondering: (From the Customer Questions & Answers) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
QA.png
Mar 20, 2017
508 posts
1304 upvotes
That’s a huge battery for only 1.5ah
May 5, 2021
442 posts
233 upvotes
West GTA
Considering hopping onto this deal. Since I’m a newbie, which would be better, the 12V or the 20V one?

And does anyone have recommendations for a good starter, renter toolkit? I got one from the same brand at Walmart but it was horrible and damaged the screw heads. Bosch is too $$$.

Thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6699 posts
6364 upvotes
Ottawa
Now that the sexist crap is done with, you're probably just better off getting a Ryobi 18V.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24364 posts
31282 upvotes
Aside from the color, it's not worth cheaping out on cordless drills if you use it even somewhat frequently. If this was a fire sale on a decent brushless, I'm not sure even the color would stop me.

There's nothing sexist about color preferences, most buyers won't like the color. That's life.

Carry on, gents.
Jul 19, 2012
274 posts
573 upvotes
Victoria
savingsomemoney wrote: Considering hopping onto this deal. Since I’m a newbie, which would be better, the 12V or the 20V one?

And does anyone have recommendations for a good starter, renter toolkit? I got one from the same brand at Walmart but it was horrible and damaged the screw heads. Bosch is too $$$.

Thank you!
Buy a name brand like the Ryobi or Craftsman mentioned above... or a Rigid. Rigid has an awesome warranty but you have to register the product.

Always remove the battery from the drill after use to prolong its life. It's an easy habit to get into. I killed a Dewalt battery when I was younger.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1392 posts
905 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Aside from the color, it's not worth cheaping out on cordless drills if you use it even somewhat frequently. If this was a fire sale on a decent brushless, I'm not sure even the color would stop me.

There's nothing sexist about color preferences, most buyers won't like the color. That's life.

Carry on, gents.
How do you know we are all gents?
[OP]
Banned
Aug 19, 2021
37 posts
184 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Nice find "jambest" and welcome to RFD.

Please put the price in the title. :)
Got it! Thank you!
Oct 26, 2017
160 posts
275 upvotes
I'm surprised people like this. I suppose it's hard to find a pink drill, but seriously - just wait for a promotion and buy the base model Craftsman kit or a Ryobi. Both are better drills, with warranties and part of large cordless platforms.

Lowes loves to put the base model Craftsman on sale for $60-80. Ryobi's sale-priced drills are all over the map depending on model (lowest I've ever seen was a drill AND impact for $60, but that was a couple years ago).

There's even the base-model Bosch that can be had for $89. Practically all the big brands have special promotion drill packages for $99.

Let's look at what you get with this workpro:
  • ONE 1.5ah battery - basically no reputable company sells a drill kit like that. Some special promotion packages have a single 2.0ah or two 1.3ah.
  • 203 in-Lbs (23N.M) of max torque - that is terribly weak. My 15 year old base model Bosch does 350 in/lbs. My brushless Ridgid does 1200. I didn't think anyone sold drills this wimpy anymore.
  • 3/8" keyless chuck - that's commonly found on 8v and 12v tools, but I suppose it makes sense here. The drill is so weak they don't want you to try too large a bit in it. 1/2" is standard for a full size drill.
  • Charger ah rating? Unspecified. Prepare to wait awhile when your tiny battery pack goes dead.
Now it does come with some drill and insert bits. Let's generously call that a $5 value.
Oct 26, 2017
160 posts
275 upvotes
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1326 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto
Tempted to buy this for my chick... she'll use it if it's pink :P

Thanks for sharing OP!! Maybe I'll get some help on the DIY projects at home now courtesy of a pink drill!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs