Pixel 7 $699

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2023 11:12 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2226 posts
1300 upvotes
Vancouver
I got my Pixel 7 a month ago and I'm very happy with it definitely the best phone I've owned. It's a very well balanced phone not great at any one thing (well except photos) but a good all around phone
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3973 posts
12430 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
raver4444 wrote: If you guys care about the camera, get the Pixel ( amazing camera ).
If you care about any other aspect of the phone, BUT the camera...get a one plus instead.
Way better in any aspect.

As an example : 10T
https://www.oneplus.com/ca_en/oneplus-1 ... 5011102102
Is there a way to not have bokeh all the time on the camera....I have the pixel 7 and find it annoying.

In the pic you can see that "chopper top" is nice and sharp but the further out you go from that, the blurrier it gets.
Images
  • PXL_20230125_234534845.jpg
Oct 29, 2014
525 posts
190 upvotes
I have a pixel 7, BNIB for sale for $550. Based in oakville/burlington if anyone is interested.
Jun 9, 2009
974 posts
247 upvotes
Hamilton
ROYinTO wrote: $589 when you Port-in a Number
Do you have instructions on how to get it to Canada for that price? All the steps, I mean.
Oct 4, 2018
69 posts
53 upvotes
raver4444 wrote: If you guys care about the camera, get the Pixel ( amazing camera ).
If you care about any other aspect of the phone, BUT the camera...get a one plus instead.
Way better in any aspect.

As an example : 10T
https://www.oneplus.com/ca_en/oneplus-1 ... 5011102102
I used to have a oneplus. Is the software better than Pure Google OS now? Just curious. The integration and AI chip is hard to match I think?
Oct 4, 2018
69 posts
53 upvotes
MaxMartin wrote: I'm assuming its better to buy direct from google?
Buy direct from Google! I got an upgrade to a better model when there was an issue with my earlier Pixel. They don't really question you. Not sure if that has changed since.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1764 posts
2091 upvotes
Ottawa
buytheFdip wrote: as a Pix7 owner myself this phone sucks ass, its buggy as hell, the specs are mids, finger print sensor and face ID only works sometimes. the only pros is your first to get security and software updates.
I got mine from the Virgin mobile BF deal where I pay $2 for 24 months, $150 in the source gift card so like a free phone.

Never had any of those issues so not sure how some do. Face works every time unless it's dark, fingerprint works 95 percent for me on both thumbs. What phone has better specs for the price? Oh right, none.
Nov 24, 2012
435 posts
246 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
sushitaco wrote: I used to have a oneplus. Is the software better than Pure Google OS now? Just curious. The integration and AI chip is hard to match I think?
Honestly...is about the same...even maybe a small +1 for the One+.
Had no glitches on One+, compared to a few bugs/glitches on the P7P.
Hopefully they will fix them...but is annoying when they happen.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
3156 posts
3027 upvotes
GTA
For those debating where to buy this, here are some thoughts:

Amazon (and others where it's on sale like Bestbuy?):
-You know the level of customer service your getting for the purchase from your other experiences.

Google
-You can earn credit for future purchases if you have a paid Google One subscription (2TB plan gets you 10%). You have to pay for two months since the credit is given 30 days after purchase, might not be worth it.
-Rakuten.com (US) has some cashback offers
-However some people report that there are serious concerns over customer service with Google, e.g. lost returns! More details can be found in the other thread.
-Not sure, but I hear they have the enhanced exchange option for warranty and stuff, i.e. you can put a hold on your Credit card and get a second phone, transfer data and return the first which releases the hold.

Personally I got lucky without a problem with Google Store but just something I thought I would share so you make an informed decision.
Dec 5, 2010
138 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
It's sold out right now on Mint website but that's a great deal for a P7Pro. Going to keep checking to see if it get back in stock ever.
Nov 27, 2019
60 posts
185 upvotes
MaxMartin wrote: I'm assuming its better to buy direct from google?
For the sake of all that is holy, do NOT buy directly from Google Store if you have other options.

I don't even want to get into it, but if you have a problem with your purchase, returns and support from Amazon is far superior than the Canadian Google Store. Google's customer service is a nightmare.
Aug 31, 2010
280 posts
497 upvotes
BoomerDoomer wrote: For the sake of all that is holy, do NOT buy directly from Google Store if you have other options.

I don't even want to get into it, but if you have a problem with your purchase, returns and support from Amazon is far superior than the Canadian Google Store. Google's customer service is a nightmare.
Couldn't agree more...
Nov 27, 2019
60 posts
185 upvotes
sushitaco wrote: Buy direct from Google! I got an upgrade to a better model when there was an issue with my earlier Pixel. They don't really question you. Not sure if that has changed since.
This has definitely changed in the past year or so. Dealing with Google Store is an absolute nightmare. I will never buy anything from their store again. I have bought at least 2 dozen Google products from their Canadian online store, and the issues I have had in the past two years have been unbelievable.

Making a return has become a nightmare. Trying to get customer support is hours wild goose chase. With one of the purchases the return process had so many issues that I eventually gave up entirely on the return. It was a doorbell camera model that wasn't compatible our system. That thing is still sitting in a box. Getting my money back was not worth the stress it had become dealing with Google's customer service.

I have bought pretty much every other generation of Google phone starting from the original Nexus. The days of them sending a replacement or upgrade for phones with issues is long gone. I had a charging issue with my Pixel 6. After a solid hour and half of jumping through the loops of "troubleshooting" on the phone, they told me that "this issue needs to be escalated to our engineering team". Instead of them taking my phone back and running their own diagnostic to figure why the fffff it's not charging, they sent me a long list of procedures they wanted me to do first, followed by generation of a bug report to email them. Why is that a company worth $1.3 TRILLION f**KING DOLLARS making its customers do the job of their technicians? Anyways, I did what they asked me to do, which took a good few hours. Eventually they decided that the phone needs to be replaced - this was three weeks later. I said sure, please send a replacement. Their reply email: "we are sorry, the warranty for your phone run out last week, but here is a list of approved repair shops that can look into this for you." They did not give a shit that I have bought half a dozen Google phones in the past, or that I'm a Google One subscriber.

Never again. Google's phone OS is awesome. But their reliability and customer services has gone entirely to the shitter.
Nov 8, 2020
40 posts
5 upvotes
Hmm my Pixel 2XL's power button has finally started glitching, so this looked interesting, but the rampant reports of the camera glass shattering makes this look like a pass for me.. Not really sure what if anything is a worthy successor to the 2XL, so I'll probably be looking at repair to hopefully stretch this phone out another year or two.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1405 posts
1238 upvotes
BoomerDoomer wrote: For the sake of all that is holy, do NOT buy directly from Google Store if you have other options.

I had quite a good experience with the Google Store when my Pixel C delivery was stolen. They shipped a replacement without question immediately without problem. That was a few years ago, so it's possible it's gotten worse.
Mar 1, 2014
127 posts
97 upvotes
I got one today to replace my Samsung S10. So far, so good and it is noticeably speedier. Even the fingerprint sensor works as expected.

Frankly, I really wanted another Samsung S21 FE or S22 but $250-400 more, no thanks.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)