Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 - Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headphones - $159.99 ($90 off)

Jun 16, 2008
975 posts
1077 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 - Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headphones - $159.99 ($90 off)

I've been looking for a budget priced pair of Bluetooth Active Noise Canceling Headphones for a while now.

Amazon.ca has the Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 on sale for $159.99 ($90 off):

https://www.amazon.ca/Plantronics-BackB ... 06Y5TNLDJ/

Anyone have these and can comment on quality? I noticed this is one of the few pairs that supports aptxLL, which means movies/TV should play in sync, correct?

EDIT: Same price at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pl ... 89638.aspx
Last edited by cookedDeals on Feb 22nd, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
53 replies
Dec 5, 2018
394 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
I bought them from Ebay during one of their 15% discounts last year. My PayPal says I paid exactly 101.99 CAD to Newegg on March 9, 2018.

I love them, use them all day long. I didn't like the auto play option, as it was not reliable (like I put the headset on me and the music don't start) so I deactivated that. I'm not an audiophile but the sound quality is great and the noise cancelling works great too -I take the train each day and the NC does great cancelling the rails noise.

Other than that, the leather in the left ear started to go away just recently so I guess I just use them too much (and I use them when it's snowing too so they get wet). I'd recommend them. But probably they can go cheaper again.

Sorry for my English, I hope all I wrote is understandable.
Jun 16, 2008
975 posts
1077 upvotes
JimmyC680 wrote: I bought them from Ebay during one of their 15% discounts last year. My PayPal says I paid exactly 101.99 CAD to Newegg on March 9, 2018.

I love them, use them all day long. I didn't like the auto play option, as it was not reliable (like I put the headset on me and the music don't start) so I deactivated that. I'm not an audiophile but the sound quality is great and the noise cancelling works great too -I take the train each day and the NC does great cancelling the rails noise.

Other than that, the leather in the left ear started to go away just recently so I guess I just use them too much (and I use them when it's snowing too so they get wet). I'd recommend them. But probably they can go cheaper again.

Thanks! The Camels say lowest price at Amazon was ~$142, so you got a steal.

Glad to hear you like them, I might jump at this price.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
The ebay deal was outstanding, it was definitely a steal. I paid $150 before, but I didn't keep them because I found the fit a bit tight on my big head, and it was a bit too bassy for my taste. ANC was so-so too. Otherwise they are a good buy for the price.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
JimmyC680 wrote: I bought them from Ebay during one of their 15% discounts last year. My PayPal says I paid exactly 101.99 CAD to Newegg on March 9, 2018.

can you notice white noise while noise cancellation is on?
Jul 22, 2009
464 posts
480 upvotes
Oakville
Brochadorr wrote: same price on bestbuy https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pl ... 89638.aspx?

Got this on Canada computers for I think $130 or $140 last boxing day, good alternative if you're like me who can't justify spending $500 on xm3. Has decent NC and sound quality, and long lasting battery life too.
Agreed, these headphones offer great value with respectable performance. Although a part of me still wants the xm3...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46969 posts
9263 upvotes
Thanks OP! Still torn between budget and premium BT Wireless headphones with or without ANC.

Aka TaoTronics BH22 or whatever, this Plantronics and of course the Sony XM3 and Bose equivalent lol. I don't know why your post got a down vote, but I just gave it an up vote.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3258 posts
2116 upvotes
Montréal, QC
it has AptX Low Latency if your device supports it
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1065 posts
543 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Been using these headphones often for the last 8 months, and so far here's what I think:

+ Amazing sound quality even over BT
+ Great battery life
+ Extremely good range
+ Google assistant integration
+ Buttons are fairly responsive and clicky
+ Calls are very clear on both ends
+ Updates are made very easy to do

- Auto play is finicky
- They don't fold and thus are bulky
- White noise can be heard if nothing is playing
- As the power button is on the back, it's hard to lie down with these on without accidentally turning them off.

+/- The included accessories are nice, but I would have preferred a hard case.
+/- Can feel uncomfortable after 3 or more hours (could just be me)

Overall they're pretty good and I'm happy with them.
*Determination.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
How do these compare with the Bose QC25?
May 8, 2012
75 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Have this and the QC 25 with airmod additional purchase(to make bluetooth wireless). Agree with above comments.
Plantronics overall better buy.
Sound quality, I prefer the Plantronics, both seem heavy on Bass to my listening, mind you I like IEM that are pretty flat hence that perception
Build quality: Plantronics
Noise cancellation: Bose as I would say Plantronics about 80% as qualitatively good at masking ambient sound
Portability: Bose
Value: Plantronics
Simplicity of use (as others have commented on power button and autoplay feature): Bose
Gadget factor (autoplay feature, awesome control knob and microphone): Plantronics
Overall: Plantronics
Dec 5, 2018
394 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
pca1987 wrote: can you notice white noise while noise cancellation is on?
I don't notice the white noise. At the beginning I liked to turn off and on the Noise Cancelling to realise how much noise I was hearing without the headset. Excellent.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46969 posts
9263 upvotes
Dark_fantom wrote: Been using these headphones often for the last 8 months, and so far here's what I think:

+ Great battery life
+ Extremely good range

- Auto play is finicky
- As the power button is on the back, it's hard to lie down with these on without accidentally turning them off.

Thanks for providing your feedback.
Blanka
Aug 27, 2009
668 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
These are one of the few headphones that support APTX-LL which is why I bought them, to use with my tv and xbox. Normal bluetooth is in the 200ms latency range and RTINGS says that 15ms is a noticeable difference. These using APTX-LL have a 34ms latency so you don't have an issue with a lip sync delay, but you need a separate transmitter that supports the codec. If you were never told there might be an imperceptible bluetooth delay, you probably wouldn't notice, but once you go looking for it you can't un-notice it.

There's a few other APTX-LL headphones listed here: https://www.aptx.com/products?field_apt ... ry_tid=125 but the BackBeat Pro 2 gets good reviews on RTINGS and is in the right price range. The MEE audio matrix cinema is another option and can be had at costco for $99: https://www.costco.ca/MEE-audio-Matrix- ... 16263.html

Most other tv headphones require a separate RF base station to achieve low latency but then the headphones can only be used with that specific and bulky station, while these support regular bluetooth so they can pair with any device.

I disabled the autoplay because i'm not using it with music, and I wouldn't wear these out of the house since the tan colour isn't the best, but the audio is excellent. I tried the Beats Studio3 and thought the sound of it was better but not by much.
Apr 22, 2013
20 posts
35 upvotes
I've been using these for about a year, and they're excellent overall (build quality and sound quality) but I will note 2 caveats.

1. It has somewhat poor passive noise blocking, as in the seal isn't nearly as good as the Bose Quietcomfort series.
2. The earpads, while soft and are very well sized, are somewhat shallow, so if your ears stick out, it might touch the driver of the earphones which won't be too comfortable for long periods. Although this can be fixed with some simple earpad mods.
Dec 6, 2012
485 posts
316 upvotes
North
I picked these up during boxing week this Christmas. I love them, if you have questions about whether they're worth the money(they are) check out rting's review https://www.rtings.com/headphones/revie ... beat-pro-2 They are reviewing the special edition model though with the hard case.

My only complaint about these, is the clamping force is a bit much at 0.9 pounds, but they're still comfortable.
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Jan 23, 2009
644 posts
587 upvotes
VI
Dark_fantom wrote: Been using these headphones often for the last 8 months, and so far here's what I think:

+ Great battery life
+ Extremely good range

- Auto play is finicky

This is exactly what I would have wrote so I will just repost your post because I like it the most. I agree 100% with each point.

I love mine, I have a huge head and they are a bit tight I have to admit, and they look a bit goofy when stretched around my loaf. They also are NOT audiophile headphones at ALL, these actually sound good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)