Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 - Noise Canceling Bluetooth Headphones - $159.99 ($90 off)

Dec 28, 2012
503 posts
316 upvotes
OTTAWA
Love my headphones, also paid 149 Jan/3/2018

I fly twice a month and they are a life saver. Sound quality is fantastic, battery life IS AMAZING.

I wont go into detail but i agree with almost all points Dark_fantom mentioned.

they are bulky but lets be honest no one looks cool wearing noise cancelling headphones
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
Hey can these be used with a cord also?

NM. google helped

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Jan 4, 2014
65 posts
39 upvotes
Newmarket
I'm bought the headphones during Xmas time. They well built and sounds good. Not briliant, but nice.
The problem I have, that when my son using them connected to Ipad Mini 4 it lag sounds in games.
Even when it's most probably Apple problem, it's kills an idea...
Just to let you know.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
millsthrills wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 3:37 pm
Love my headphones, also paid 149 Jan/3/2018

I fly twice a month and they are a life saver. Sound quality is fantastic, battery life IS AMAZING.

I wont go into detail but i agree with almost all points Dark_fantom mentioned.

they are bulky but lets be honest no one looks cool wearing noise cancelling headphones
Do they kill engine noise? screaming babies?

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1901 posts
163 upvotes
Dark_fantom wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 10:02 am
Been using these headphones often for the last 8 months, and so far here's what I think:

+ Amazing sound quality even over BT
+ Great battery life
+ Extremely good range
+ Google assistant integration
+ Buttons are fairly responsive and clicky
+ Calls are very clear on both ends
+ Updates are made very easy to do

- Auto play is finicky
- They don't fold and thus are bulky
- White noise can be heard if nothing is playing
- As the power button is on the back, it's hard to lie down with these on without accidentally turning them off.

+/- The included accessories are nice, but I would have preferred a hard case.
+/- Can feel uncomfortable after 3 or more hours (could just be me)

Overall they're pretty good and I'm happy with them.
If you're referring to the auto play/sensor that triggers when you wear/take off the headphones, you can turn that off using a software from Plantronics. I have the Back Beat Pro 1 and I can disable to sensor on those pair, so I believe you should be able to do so on this one as well.
Jan 18, 2008
111 posts
29 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 4:48 pm
Do they kill engine noise? screaming babies?
There are very few headphones that will kill screaming babies for you.
Feb 2, 2011
196 posts
56 upvotes
New Westminster
Yes I bought 3 pairs and confirm they are bulky but great battery life . I use them in the skate shop to somewhat block the sound of the skate sharpening machine with a loud vaccum. Would definitely grab them for airplane travel on a long flight due to the long battery life.
Feb 17, 2019
21 posts
13 upvotes
I have a pair, it is not very good. Too heavy, and the noise cancelling is just so so.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1137 posts
632 upvotes
North York
Adabisi wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 12:56 am
There are very few headphones that will kill screaming babies for you.
There's a vid on YouTube of a guy testing the xm3s with screaming babies.. He's got the mic inside against his ears and it's quite impressive
Mar 17, 2018
487 posts
631 upvotes
xblackrainbow wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 12:54 pm
There's a vid on YouTube of a guy testing the xm3s with screaming babies.. He's got the mic inside against his ears and it's quite impressive
Are there any videos of a guy testing the xm3s with a screaming wife and mother in law? That would be impressive to drown that noise out! :-)
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
Mar 17, 2018
487 posts
631 upvotes
FYI - I know I've posted this link before but I love using it and comparing.

Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 vs Sony XM3

You can find pretty much any headphones to compare against each other.
Last edited by KenAdams on Feb 23rd, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1137 posts
632 upvotes
North York
KenAdams wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 1:52 pm
Are there any videos of a guy testing the xm3s with a screaming wife and mother in law? That would be impressive to drown that noise out! :-)
Better wait for the xm4s my friend.
Aug 31, 2008
634 posts
233 upvotes
I bought it just 2 weeks ago from Best Buy who were selling it for $150.00. I've been enjoying them so far. They are slightly snug on me, but not as uncomfortable as some reviews have said (but most likely due to differences in head shape).
Jun 2, 2010
43 posts
15 upvotes
I've had the Plantronics since June 2018 ($150 at BB on sale) and just bought the XM3 about 2 weeks ago at full retail.

The Plantronics are awesome for the price, even at their regular price, they compare well with the XM3 in terms of value.

The ANC is much better on the Sony and the tunability via the app is also much better. The Sony's get a little louder, which I like, especially when listening with a tuque on. The Sony's sound a bit better, but I honestly was disappointed that it wasn't that much of a jump in sound quality over the Plantronics. The Sony's are lighter and more comfortable, but I don't knock the Plantronics on those characteristics. I honestly like the physical controls on the Plantronics better.

I got a second set of ANC headphones because my wife always had my Plantronics. I almost bought a second pair of Plantronics for $160.

In short, the Plantronics are awesome at $150 and you basically need to spend $350-400 to guarantee you get something better otherwise, IMO, according to my research and what I've tried.