• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2020 7:39 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2011
211 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon.ca] PMP Exam Prep: Rita Mulcahy 9th edition $40.99

Better than buying the book off kijiji, or waiting months (like i did) to borrow from the library..

PMP® Exam Prep, Ninth Edition Aligned with the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition Features of this worldwide best-selling resource include the following: Practice exam questions—?more than 400 throughout the book.A focus on what you really need to know to pass the exam.Exclusive exercises and Tricks of the Trade®.A straightforward approach to complex material.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/194370 ... UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: It says the book is available as used for $35.. from a bookstore "Notting Hill Book Store".. I placed an order for those as well, and received the EXACT same book packaged in the exact same condition. I have now returned my original purchase, and decided to keep the 'used' copy..

list of sellers here.. ships with prime.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... d&qid=&sr=

the book itself is in excellent shape, brand new .. adequate quality to use the book to clear the exam..

The PMP exam format is changing in Dec 2019 - however, the exam content/syllabus WONT CHANGE - which means you'll need this same book for the prep after dec 2019 as well.. for further refrence, you may look up the internet to understand more about the changes.
Last edited by Glaxin on Aug 26th, 2019 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1204 posts
983 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure how many project managers would be part of rfd but thumbs up for the deal.
Oct 19, 2005
857 posts
217 upvotes
Brampton
Its a great book! Definitely is a great deal!
Jun 2, 2018
182 posts
233 upvotes
lincoln wrote: This appears to be a significantly better deal:

PMP PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL EXAM STUDY GUIDE (7TH EDITION)

$21
Rita's exam prep is more popular
Last edited by freak4Deal on Aug 15th, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2799 upvotes
Washington, DC
OP, reviews say this is a fake photocopied book from a 3rd party seller.
Sellers only have 6 and 17 reviews.

1.0 out of 5 starsDo not buy this book!
February 19, 2019
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
This book came just as what the photos look like. It is falling apart as other reviewers said. Some pages are somehow torn off, have dirt and black ink marks, and wrinkles. It is cheaply printed and not authentic. If you are planning to buy a cheaper version of this book, there are tones of other options for purchasing. The money does not worth what you are getting.

The books sent to me are photocopies of the original
January 4, 2019
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
The shipment was pretty fast. But my concerns are:
1) The book looked like a photocopy
2) The fonts smaller when compared to 8th Edition
3) Dark stained from page 565 to the last page. This is to confirm the point 1
Quality and sincerity are very key in business.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Feb 23, 2011
211 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
when its "verified by amazon' with a return policy, i'm wiling to take the chance
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1382 posts
346 upvotes
If it really is fake then might as well just get a pdf version (I won’t disclose the cost of that, *cough*) instead of paying for a photocopy :)

I can vouch for Rita’s and the sample question I found were closest to the real thing in terms of difficulty and practice scenarios.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
317 upvotes
vancouver, bc
PMP is such a money grab system... I thought it was useful until I took the course. So much money wasted in the IT world, it's incredible.
Great book if you believe in it.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2334 posts
2031 upvotes
Mississauga
I listened to a random PMP audiobook with a free audible trial, and between that book and free practice questions/tests managed to pass with Above Target in most categories. You don't need to spend any money for standardized test prep (PMP, GMAT, etc.) if you have a reasonable amount of real world experience and are willing to take several full practice exams (reviewing your wrong answers each time).

That said, the PMP has been totally useless to me so far, but hey it's another designation to throw on the list.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1864 posts
860 upvotes
Scarborough
unfortunately there a few sellers who are doing the fulfillment by amazon, so if one seller has fake books then what you get is a roll of the dice..

i am interested by don't know if i'll go for it..
Dec 28, 2012
560 posts
371 upvotes
OTTAWA
SkiLLz wrote: I listened to a random PMP audiobook with a free audible trial, and between that book and free practice questions/tests managed to pass with Above Target in most categories. You don't need to spend any money for standardized test prep (PMP, GMAT, etc.) if you have a reasonable amount of real world experience and are willing to take several full practice exams (reviewing your wrong answers each time).

That said, the PMP has been totally useless to me so far, but hey it's another designation to throw on the list.
I may have to PM you (get it? lol) but thanks for this, ive been putting off this for some time now. I've been a project manager in my organization for 3 years, having PMP is certainly not needed as mentioned above but as you put it, its another designation to throw on a list.

Thanks for your input! And the OP
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1749 posts
1460 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
a_dee wrote: Not sure how many project managers would be part of rfd but thumbs up for the deal.
Spaceballs wrote: PMP is such a money grab system... I thought it was useful until I took the course. So much money wasted in the IT world, it's incredible.
Great book if you believe in it.
It's not super useful if you're already an engineer. But if not, yeah slightly more so.
Aug 17, 2015
75 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PM me if you're looking for a 50% discount.

Cheers.
Sep 23, 2003
282 posts
65 upvotes
GTA
chevyz07 wrote: It's not super useful if you're already an engineer. But if not, yeah slightly more so.
I totally disagree. I am a P.Eng with over 15 years of experience in Ontario and I found PMP to be a huge benefit, almost as useful as my P.eng.
I seems to make a huge difference when you are looking for new jobs and compensation you can demand.
Nov 19, 2016
551 posts
324 upvotes
gordga wrote: I totally disagree. I am a P.Eng with over 15 years of experience in Ontario and I found PMP to be a huge benefit, almost as useful as my P.eng.
I seems to make a huge difference when you are looking for new jobs and compensation you can demand.
I would agree that it gives you more bargaining power when negotiating a higher salary. Also a lot of recruitment nowadays gives you points if you have the credentials compared to the other guy who might not.

It'sone of those things that everyone has and you will probably be competing against them in interviews.

However, a lot of what I learned in my PMP is not really applicable in my IT job because of the work environment and role I'm in right now lol.
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
I already passed my pimp exam ages ago, it's pretty easy..but it always is