• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2017 6:29 pm
[OP]
Jul 7, 2003
55 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon Canada] Polk RC60i in-ceiling speakers $99/pair

I was looking at the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers in the Best Buy flyer for my new home build. They have the Polk RC60i for $199 a pair, claiming $200 off. I did a bit of looking around and found them on Amazon for $99. It doesn't seem to be advertised as much of a sale, although they have a limit of 1 per customer so maybe it is a deal? Are the Best Buy prices just completely inflated?

Crutchfield.ca has them for $229 regular price, so it seems like a decent deal. I don't know anything about the quality, but the reviews I read seem good.

I picked up a pair.
6 replies
Feb 27, 2003
476 posts
92 upvotes
They are great speakers. Visions has them on sale (and has them on sale quite often at this same price) for $48 for the 6.5" https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... u=POLKMC60 and $68 for the 8" https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/catego ... u=POLKMC80

I bought the 6.5" from Visions a few years ago and really like them. They also have great deals on the center channel, smaller woofers and other Polk speakers.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
1915 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't forget that London Drugs has the $10 off $100 deal right now.

Ignore that, after checking the website, I didn't find any ceiling speakers.
This lousy avatar courtesy of an anal admin who decided to delete a near ten year old existing avatar that did meet all of the site's requirements.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
8858 posts
3925 upvotes
These seem decent. I like visions 199 each speaker price regular.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
[OP]
Jul 7, 2003
55 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks camt. Being in the GTA I don't think of Visions automatically. I've never been in their store, but now I see they have a few around town.

I cancelled my Amazon order and went for the 8" version from Visions online.

Certainly no RFD'er bought these from Best Buy for "$200 off"...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2447 posts
313 upvotes
Could install these.in my.bathroom ceiling. I'm redoing it now and wanted speakers in there. Would they die because of the humidity.
Mar 21, 2013
712 posts
435 upvotes
EDMONTON
RC60i and MC60 aren't the same speaker.