[OP]
Mar 29, 2007
289 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] Poppa Corn FLAVACOL Seasoning Popcorn Salt - Premium Edition - $10

It's $15 and you can apply a $5 discount coupon

https://www.amazon.ca/Poppa-Corn-FLAVAC ... r_1_1_sspa

The only difference between the regular and premium edition is that the premium comes in a fine salt flake that sticks better compared to a crystal.
Last edited by pegasus81 on May 9th, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1349 posts
1897 upvotes
Kingston
This stuff is good. Toxic, but good (I have no evidence supporting my claim). Been eating it for years.

+1
Jun 15, 2017
98 posts
94 upvotes
Never had this, but it has a medicine name lol
Oct 13, 2017
860 posts
836 upvotes
Hamilton
It's good. And will last for a long time. I just need to find a deal on the popcorn topping oil like they have in theatres. Then my experience will be complete
Dec 17, 2013
271 posts
394 upvotes
British Columbia
i've heard good things, ordered, thanks op
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13484 posts
25537 upvotes
Lokko30 wrote: Never had this, but it has a medicine name lol
Maybe we should call Trump , could be a tasty cure
Dec 14, 2006
858 posts
371 upvotes
This is just their normal popcorn salt. Regular price on the Cdn site is $10.
Poppacorn Cdn

It's good, same as all other flavacol. Used it yesterday to make a few batches.
Aug 26, 2019
280 posts
522 upvotes
Mmm this sounds tasty... Salt, artificial butter flavor, FD&C Yellow #5 Lake (E102) and Yellow #6 Lake (E110) Contains: Highly Refined Soy Oil
Feb 14, 2008
104 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
Torque wrote: This is just their normal popcorn salt. Regular price on the Cdn site is $10.
Poppacorn Cdn

It's good, same as all other flavacol. Used it yesterday to make a few batches.
You mean $60 regular price (with shipping) ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3558 posts
1811 upvotes
Anyone use this with a silicone microwave popcorn bowl? I was thinking of getting one of those
Do you just sprinkle some flavacol with the kernels and it'll stick to the popcorn once popped? Or do you also need to pour in some type of oil as well. Would vegetable oil be fine?
Dec 31, 2010
899 posts
354 upvotes
Richmond Hill
this is literally a lifetime supply
you only need a little bit, like a pinch, its super fine
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10433 posts
7478 upvotes
Toronto
Back to regular price, deals come and go so I'd wait.
Jul 6, 2006
107 posts
44 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Anyone use this with a silicone microwave popcorn bowl? I was thinking of getting one of those
Do you just sprinkle some flavacol with the kernels and it'll stick to the popcorn once popped? Or do you also need to pour in some type of oil as well. Would vegetable oil be fine?
Yup - use 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil (Virgin), 1/8 tsp of Flavacol and 1/3 cup popcorn (Orville). Once its popped I add 2 tbsp of Ghee and shake Flavacol over popcorn. Tastes great to me but of course YMMV.
Dec 14, 2006
858 posts
371 upvotes
It's a reference point. And, Amazon has been much lower. I bought it at $4.88 in December.
Regardless, it's good stuff IMO, and lasts a long time with normal consumption.
yyc-guy wrote: You mean $60 regular price (with shipping) ;)
Dec 14, 2006
858 posts
371 upvotes
Flavacol amount is to personal taste. I use a lot more, 3/4 tsp.
Also, it's generally to be used in the oil. Most prepacks are even sold that way.
I would also say refined coconut oil. Otherwise, there's a mild flavor from the oil (which some people may like).
As you indicate though, extreme YMMV. Some people like plain popcorn, which I can't understand at all. :)

I highly recommend the silicon microwave popper. I no longer use a machine because it turns out so well.
Bulldogge wrote: Yup - use 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil (Virgin), 1/8 tsp of Flavacol and 1/3 cup popcorn (Orville). Once its popped I add 2 tbsp of Ghee and shake Flavacol over popcorn. Tastes great to me but of course YMMV.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3558 posts
1811 upvotes
Bulldogge wrote: Yup - use 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil (Virgin), 1/8 tsp of Flavacol and 1/3 cup popcorn (Orville). Once its popped I add 2 tbsp of Ghee and shake Flavacol over popcorn. Tastes great to me but of course YMMV.
So you add the Flavacol after the popcorn is already popped and not before?