Portable battery and car starter

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 9:09 pm
[OP]
Jan 27, 2013
32 posts
16 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Portable battery and car starter

Been using a portable Car starter for some time since my car's old. as I was searching I came across this one. Probably will be picking it up for my parents as they need it for their car.

Looks like a decent deal and it has also a coupon as well.

So take a look.

$24 off code: P6MCTGD5
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5721 posts
3640 upvotes
West Vancouver
This is where it gets me. I like dogs and all but...

Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14992 posts
6542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The final price should be $65.99 after entering the $24 promo code.
Apr 29, 2018
207 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
I use this jump starter and the price is great . Why the negativity ??
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11343 posts
8789 upvotes
Toronto
Shill post, all posts are for Chinese coupon codes.
Images
  • Screenshot (59).png
Last edited by Angultra on Jul 17th, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3542 posts
3750 upvotes
Montreal, QC
migotist wrote: I use this jump starter and the price is great . Why the negativity ??
I didn't downvote, but probably because the marketing on these product is a joke.

1500A ? Really... Over 12AWG cables ? That cable would burn faster than the filament in a fastblow fuse if you ever try to put 1500A over them
Have you seen the thickness of the battery cables in your car ? And even those won't do 1500A. OK the ones in your car, may get away with a momentary 1500A, but they'd be hot afterwards, But the thin cable they use on these, no way.

And leaving these in a car, to use on a super cold day, will often be useless, unless you are just borderline below threshold. Lithium batteries don't do very well in cold weather.
Apr 29, 2018
207 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
Mate.. these are emergency devices. I have used this once last year and it saved me a tow truck . I do not expect this one to spit out 1500A all the time .for me it should aid my almost dead battery .. 200A may just cut it . I have just one question to you.. Do you own one ? It is very easy to come up with assumptions. I do not dispute most of your claims, but it does what it is supposed to do , endured last winter with me . I have brains to top it up once every 6 months . I use this to power my portable tire inflator for my car, my bikes and my small raft. I stand by my support . This one has saved my back and I am sure it will save someone else's . Buy it or not , it is up to the individual and their needs. I bought them for 80+ $ this price is good .
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)