Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Portable Monitor, 15.6" IPS Touchscreen 1920×1080 Full HD with HDR, FreeSync $229 no tax, after $50 off coupon (OOS)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2020 7:48 pm
Mar 7, 2011
262 posts
531 upvotes
Mississauga
kunamvahees wrote: This is other way around, extend the tablet to a monitor / PC, right?
Or phone
Instead of carrying a notebook, slim down and just use your phone
Not sure if touch functionality would work though
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1358 posts
255 upvotes
it runs what game now? Image
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
Yes, but I am getting mine with 2 day shipping from Amazon, and 30 day return if I do not like it.
Also, I did not see a good touch screen option that is cheaper in price.
Nov 24, 2013
259 posts
193 upvotes
Burnaby
Tempted to buy this but I'm not sure how multitouch on a second display works in windows10. Does anyone have any experience with this? I assume the monitor requires you to connect a usb to the pc/laptop (as well as the HDMI) and then windows would detect a "generic touchpad device". Since it acts like a mouse I assume your still dragging a pointer around. The way I'm imagining how this would work would make for a terrible experience if it was set to "projection extend monitor" vs "projection duplicate monitor". That could explain why nobody other than noname Asia/China companies have bothered to produce a secondary monitor with multitouch.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
I am surprised to see only 3 left. when I purchase yesterday I did not see a stock warning, it says in stock. I can let you know once I got it on Thursday, but it could be sold out by then...
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
Oops. I see 3 left in stock from my cellphone but cannot see that on my desktop....
I can let you know on Thursday once I plug it in.
Jun 13, 2019
164 posts
82 upvotes
It's a great idea: turning on pc and working with a portable screen on bed or somewhere. This touch screen looks good, however I wonder if it can work with Windows 10 wirelessly or it still requires extra hdmi cable ?
Jan 7, 2015
30 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec
Back in stock.
Bought one.

Edit : 14h32 : OOS.
Last edited by Patrick85 on Jul 8th, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
It has to be wired, the question is whether it needs two wires or just one. I don't have USB-C at my home PC to test for this but can try if it works with the converters once I got it.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
I am still seeing no stock... not sure why. Could it be that it is out of stock if people just add it to their cart? Would that reserve stock?
Jan 7, 2015
30 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec
windenchanter wrote: I am still seeing no stock... not sure why. Could it be that it is out of stock if people just add it to their cart? Would that reserve stock?
I don't think so...
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
I think it is a good deal given the features. Basically this is the lowest priced touchscreen deal I can find yesterday. I guess you can wait for the next similar deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5153 posts
3429 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
HDR

Lol

What make it HDR?

Certainly not it's peak brightness or color gamut
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3558 posts
1693 upvotes
Ottawa
cipher wrote: You could use it in a portable KVM kit for accessing headless servers.
I've thought of doing that... but I don't think all servers would support that... only ones that have built-in USB C / USB 3.1, right?
Jan 7, 2015
30 posts
16 upvotes
Quebec
Don’t be too disappointed guys if you couldn’t get one… Received mine and I am returning it back.

The menu button was pushed inside the frame and I needed a toothpick to access it.
The mini USB port was also pushed very far, so I can’t reach it at all…
I tried the mini HDMI output and it worked. The image was ok for a portable monitor, I think... I thought I could use the USB port to have the touchscreen features, but the port is unusable.

Disappointing.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4927 posts
535 upvotes
Winnipeg
Akitakara wrote: I've thought of doing that... but I don't think all servers would support that... only ones that have built-in USB C / USB 3.1, right?
You would need an VGA to HDMI adapter for the video. You would still need a separate keyboard and mouse.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
I am returning mine too.
The panel is tn. I did the tn screen test. I complained to customer service and they offered me a 5 dollar credit.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2012
341 posts
280 upvotes
EDMONTON
I forgot to mention, other than the panel is tn (it is so obvious that the viewing angle was not good), the USB c touch function was actually working, but USB 3.1 to c was not working for me. Also the speaker sound is horrible.
On my search for another brand.