Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Portal Plus (15.6" FHD swivel display) - Black (US Version) $249.99 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2021 7:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
Yikes.
Note to self, don't post a deal about any Facebook product...
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4080 posts
7024 upvotes
GTA North
Nexzen wrote: so your phone doesn't have a camera and mic?
I think most smart phones have a camera and mic however I do remember of one phone on the market with physical kill switches for the camera and mic. Not sure if there are more like that out there.

EDIT:

Found it. https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/08/2 ... and-wi-fi/

...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3955 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
haroldliang wrote: I'm sorry op, anything facebook is an instant downvote from me. They are the most evil platform to exist, I can go on for days on just how evil and divisive their platform has made our society become. Deleted my facebook account a decade ago and will never ever look back.
Agreed. Fb really messed up our society badly. I would never support a company like this. When fb first came out, a few of my friends got cheated on because of it. It allowed random people to message others, and the unfaithfulness began because of opportunity.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
I bought one about a year ago for my 87 year old mother. Opened a FB account for her. Ordered internet, modem delivered and connected it. She lives in an apartment in another city and was very computer illiterate. Our family is spread out across the world and this connects all of us.

I connected the internet I showed her how to use it. Now she can view her religious services, connect with all her friends, children, grandchildren and keep in contact with them. We can call and check up on her, keep her company and most importantly she feels less isolated in these covid times. Best $ I've spent to see her so happy to answer a call.

It was worth five times the price of this unit and internet fees. Actually, it's priceless for our purposes. Would I buy one for myself? NO WAY! It has it's uses for me and I'm happy with it.

Upvoted OP for being brave.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: The same ppl afraid of fb are on instagram right now or using WhatsApp.
No, the point of quitting FB is quitting ALL of them. ALL of them. The entire company is corrupt and while other companies currently have relatively-benign leadership (even though there's no guarantee that within Google and Amazon and Apple right now there isn't a MiniZuck exerting influence and jockeying for promotion) Facebook's leadership has been corrupt from day one, and will only get worse.

Quit ALL of facebook, instgram, whatsapp, talk to your family and friends, there are alternatives, that don't concentrate so much of your information under a regime of such concentrated evil and intent to monetize you even against your best interests.

Now up to -148
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Dec 16, 2012
387 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
It's really dependent on your use case. Picked up 2 for $99 USD + taxes earlier. It's great if you want to offload your meetings (Webex, Zoom, Teams coming in Dec) or video call with your folks where they aren't holding their phones/tablets incorrectly. Oh, it serves as a smart device as well with Spotify integration, the speaker is superb.

Upvoted OP for being brave, not sure about the price at $250 CAD though.
😁
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3845 upvotes
West Vancouver
crappy price.

99$ or gtfo
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
fb will probably be giving these out free soon, and by not being able to turn it off - they will make enough $$ off of marketing intelligence to more than pay for the device - several times over.
no sig
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
OP are you the product manager for this portal at facebook?
However, I doubt that...you've overlooked all the negative comments and respond to the positive.
That the anti-fb way...so im confused.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1196 posts
1258 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Agreed. Fb really messed up our society badly. I would never support a company like this. When fb first came out, a few of my friends got cheated on because of it. It allowed random people to message others, and the unfaithfulness began because of opportunity.
? (!)! ... You've got to be kidding me, right?
Facebook seems waaay too easy to blame for societies woes.. Facebook made those women/men cheat on your friends, hey? Wow. Given that reasoning, I would suppose and think that Tinder and Bumble and Plenty of Fish are also responsible for the destruction of relationships and marriages as well..... I mean, "The App made them do it".... It "allowed random people to message others" and "unfaithfulness began because of opportunity".
Given that reasoning, Tinder has meant the absolute destruction of nearly ALL relationships, because, that's what it was designed to do -- allow random people to connect.

If you don't want to allow random people to communicate, go back to a dictatorship/communist country from whence you might have come.
In a democracy, it's pretty paramount for others to be able to communicate using multiple means.

Might I suggest that your friends relationships were doomed in the first place? Perhaps due to, say, a 'lack' of communication and/or shared intimacy?? Facebook only hastened that process.

I was considering buying one of these (first-gen) when it came out, like wow, years and years ago now -- BestBuy had a decent sale/intro offer of like $175 .. it was probably more than 5 years ago now, but they had a privacy breach then too and there was backlash. I heard they're pretty well designed for what they do. Kudos to the OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3955 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DasHip wrote: ? (!)! ... You've got to be kidding me, right?
Facebook seems waaay too easy to blame for societies woes.. Facebook made those women/men cheat on your friends, hey? Wow. Given that reasoning, I would suppose and think that Tinder and Bumble and Plenty of Fish are also responsible for the destruction of relationships and marriages as well..... I mean, "The App made them do it".... It "allowed random people to message others" and "unfaithfulness began because of opportunity".
Given that reasoning, Tinder has meant the absolute destruction of nearly ALL relationships, because, that's what it was designed to do -- allow random people to connect.

If you don't want to allow random people to communicate, go back to a dictatorship/communist country from whence you might have come.
In a democracy, it's pretty paramount for others to be able to communicate using multiple means.

Might I suggest that your friends relationships were doomed in the first place? Perhaps due to, say, a 'lack' of communication and/or shared intimacy?? Facebook only hastened that process.

I was considering buying one of these (first-gen) when it came out, like wow, years and years ago now -- BestBuy had a decent sale/intro offer of like $175 .. it was probably more than 5 years ago now, but they had a privacy breach then too and there was backlash. I heard they're pretty well designed for what they do. Kudos to the OP.
I'm sorry you are that misinformed. You are comparing 2 different things. FB came first between the other apps you mentioned. Also bumble, tinder etc.. is made specifically for people trying to date and hookup to meet random people, FB on the other hand was not made for that. But yes Facebook paved the way for all of these other apps to be created. It's not the app that made people cheat, but it is the app that allowed easier acess towards cheating, and where predators could contact random people and try to hustle them.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
I think what everybody (maybe not OP) is trying to say is FB is not a trustworthy company. Why buy a product, bring it into your house and further compromise your privacy further? It’s like inviting your stalker into your home.. Is that the jist of this post?
Lol
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
sam123 wrote: I bought one about a year ago for my 87 year old mother. Opened a FB account for her. Ordered internet, modem delivered and connected it. She lives in an apartment in another city and was very computer illiterate. Our family is spread out across the world and this connects all of us.

I connected the internet I showed her how to use it. Now she can view her religious services, connect with all her friends, children, grandchildren and keep in contact with them. We can call and check up on her, keep her company and most importantly she feels less isolated in these covid times. Best $ I've spent to see her so happy to answer a call.

It was worth five times the price of this unit and internet fees. Actually, it's priceless for our purposes. Would I buy one for myself? NO WAY! It has it's uses for me and I'm happy with it.

Upvoted OP for being brave.
yuppp when my parents friends and older family members see this, they always ask what is that where do I get one because just going on an app for a video call is a struggle for older folks when we tried setting up family zoom call reunions lol I know exactly what you mean by this.

We had it for several years, if it ever stopped getting support I wouldn't hesitate the get the newest version because it really helps my parents stay in touch with everyone and they enjoy it.

Helps me too from time to time with work meetings.

Some ppl on here comparing this to getting a monitor and a webcam have no idea why this was built in the first place, young ppl don't go on fb anymore. Facebook has become a place for an older audience, fb does stay relevant with the young market with instagram and WhatsApp and oculus is a smart investment for them to continue that trend.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
puglife644 wrote: Good price, will make it much easier to do my own research!
Underrated Comment of this thread Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes too much woosh here
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
Not interested in the product.
Seems a lot of negativity about Facebook, but funny how there was more positivity back when Oculus Quest 2 had deals.
Don't own either products and rarely use my Facebook other than their messenger app.
People nowadays share too much personal information to these tech giants.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
the laptop in the video looks way much better
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)